PDA

View Full Version : gifts for characters?

apequet
07-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I was wondering if the character's accept gifts? I was thinking of bring a bone for Pluto & a rose for Sleeping Beauty. My hubby thinks it's a silly idea. Do other's do this and if they do, what do you bring for them?

Christine
07-29-2007, 12:01 PM
My daughter was 3 and 4 years old, she used to color pictures to give to the characters. Sometimes they would look at them...sometimes they would just motion for her to hand them to their handler.

When they DID look at them (or even have it in the picture with them) she was on :cloud9: .

But I would say the majority just passed it off to the assistant. :(

Blue Genie
07-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Well the last time I was at Disneyland I handed my new friend Snow White a picture of her and me with my autograph on it. I had may 2 copies of the same picture one with my autograph like I said and the other she sign for me. I think bringing pictures of u and a character is much better then a bone for Pulto even if it is a toy. Cause I know to a little kid it be really joyful but once they get to the back they would mostly just put it in the trush. So I think pictures or drawings of a character is much better. Oh by the way. Here is that picture I was telling you about.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Photos/Characters%20Photos%20Part%203/100.jpg

On a side note. If you wonder how Snow White became my friend it is really a nice story. I have been going to eat at Ariel's Grotto alot and they have the Princess that meet you at your table. So I have got my picture taken with some of the Princess and Snow White is one of them. Anyways I when back about 2 months later and when Snow White came to my table she said that I remember u from a couble months ago. So of choice I was so shock of how she remember me. So then it is like 2 more months and then Snow White saw me again and said the samething. So what it is everytime I go eat at Ariel's she remembers me so that is how we become good friends. I be going to eat at Ariel's again next Sat. and this will be my 6 time sends the first time Snow White remember me.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-09-2007, 06:40 PM
My daughter has written a few notes to characters and given it to them. Both characters were very gracious and made her feel like they would treasure it forever. However, I could tell it was a bit of a hassle for them. They had to get their assistants to take the note and put it in their "treasure box". It was very special for my daughter, but I will probably not encourage her to continue this.

tinkerbell04
08-11-2007, 08:04 PM
My daughter asked one time to take a seashell to Ariel. She was so excited to give it to her and Ariel really made a big deal about it. She put it in her treasure chest and my daughter was on:cloud9: for sure! She didn't ask to do it with any other characters or even with Ariel again, but the one time we did it, we had a great experience.:mickey:

kim1st
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I wonder if there was any difference between the talking characters ( like the princesses ) and the ones that are all stuffed in costumes (like Mickey). I'm thinking that the Mickey-types would have such a hard time even seeing something like that, that it would be hard.

I pre-decorated an autograph book with some of the characters we were hoping to see. Most of them made a pretty big deal out of it and acted flattered, which the kids got a kick out of. The plus was that they didn't have to try to figure out how to carry anything.