PDA

View Full Version : resort hopping for counter service??

playdead88
07-29-2007, 09:04 AM
last year friends of ours stayed at the poly and we went over to hang out - we ate at capt. cooks and i became obsessed with the grilled cheese sandwich - next year we are staying at the WL and i was wondering if its "cheesy" to resort hop just to eat at the counter service - we have gone to eat at different resorts when we had reservations but what about just the counter service? :mickey:

Lorraine444
07-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Doesn't sound cheesy to me....
If your there for many days (even if your not)
a variety of foods is always good.

TINKERBELL_82
07-29-2007, 09:42 AM
I say go for it! One of my favorite things to do is check out different resorts and what they have to offer! :thumbsup:

Wrigley
07-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me! We like to do this also. We go and check out the other resorts and so we just grab a bite to eat while we are there. I really like the CR counter service!!!:thumbsup:

ytzking
07-29-2007, 10:01 AM
I make it a point to go to the CSR at least once to eat lunch at the Pepper Market. If you have a car it's an easy trip and the amount of choices is great. I think it's the best value for a counter service meal credit.:cool:

dyin tago
07-29-2007, 10:22 AM
we had a car last sept for our 14 night stay at pop.we ate everywhere! dined at many resort and park restaurants and had one counter service dinner at riverside,a rotisserie chicken dinner and ate outside on the deck by the big water wheel,very enjoyable.you can even buy little bottles of wine for 2 if you like!

can`t wait to do it again this sept!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-29-2007, 10:56 AM
We have done this many times. Especially when in the Magic Kingdom. I see leaving and grabbing a bite to eat on the monorail line kind of like a little bit of a break with out going all the way back to the resort that we are staying in.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 11:25 AM
We love resort hopping for food, fun and shopping. We usually take a half day and resort hop, or if it is raining.

luvdiznee
07-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think it's cheesy at all as long as you plan for the time it could take. My favorite is to visit POP for some tiedye cheesecake or their chicken parm. :cloud9:

Christine
07-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I think it's a fine idea.

My friend who is joining me in October is wanting to tour some of the different resorts. I have thought it would be neat to have a "progressive dinner".

Oooo, that just gave me an idea for a new thread! I need some input on what to have and where!

Enjoy your grilled cheese!! :tasty:

pixiegoose
07-29-2007, 06:57 PM
We plan on resort hopping on our day "off" from the parks and heading to CSR for lunch at Pepper Market. I also want to check out other resorts, as we've only stayed at CSR and will be at Pop this time around. That's why I built a day "off" into our plans this trip. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Not "cheesy" at all. If there is a CS at another resort that you want to eat at, by all means, have at it.

PeterPan
07-29-2007, 11:19 PM
GO FOR IT! We have done this many, many times. My daughter (who was a CM this past Spring) did this with fellow CM's all the time. SO MUCH FUN, and not too expensive. We have gone for dinner at one resort and dessert at another. So much fun.

irish1967
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
We will be doing the same next summer - going from the Poly to the CS at the GF for breakfast one day.

Not cheesy at all :mickey: