PDA

View Full Version : A new guard cat... O_o

LittleDragonErin
07-29-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm sure the cats will love this one...

The newest staff member has been spotted...

VMK_Cat!

That makes 4 new staff members in the last month (Tiger, Toni, Aloha and Cat). I don't think VMK is closing anytime soon. ;)

Chescat
07-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Ah! Who stole our title! :(

Blue Genie
07-29-2007, 04:09 AM
Ah! Who stole our title! :(

My words exactlly. I want a re count or Cat will sue for using a copy right name :D

janmathatter
07-29-2007, 09:11 AM
They may be staff, but Chescat and I are the original guard cats. They will have to earn that honor from us.

cheshirecollector
07-29-2007, 10:06 AM
VMK_Cat is just "a" cat. You are "the" cats. :thumbsup:

RenDuran
07-29-2007, 10:20 AM
VMK_Cat is just "a" cat. You are "the" cats. :thumbsup:

So true....

LittleDragonErin
07-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I wonder if that's why "rawr" was added to the dictionary. :secret:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Too funny guys. :rotfl:

Is cat and cheese ready to take down VMK_Cat? :D

Blue Genie
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Too funny guys. :rotfl:

Is cat and cheese ready to take down VMK_Cat? :D

I would love to see that and we all know who will win the cat battles. :D:haha:

trackbarroness
07-31-2007, 09:06 PM
That's too funny guys.
So has anyone seen VMK_Lion around lately?

LittleDragonErin
08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
That's too funny guys.
So has anyone seen VMK_Lion around lately?

There's a rumor going around that he has moved on from VMK to POTCO...personally I think it's nothing but a rumor, but you never know...

varcity
08-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Is there a list of current and retired staff? that way I can know who to look for and how many are around!

What's weird is how I always here of staff but never see them... What are these "staff" people? lol

wizardmickey
08-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Well, y'know how the popular song goes (you all just knew I'd find a song to weave into this, right?)
"Everybody wants to be a cat, because the cats the only cat who knows where it's at!"
(Buncha wannabe staffers!)

WDWfanatic742
08-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Here's what I found but I honestly haven't heard of half of these people and I'm a leader and used to have staff on my list:

VMK_Aloha
VMK_Bear
VMK_Bingo
VMK_Blue
VMK_Bubbles
VMK_Conga
VMK_Fern
VMK_Flamingo
VMK_Fusion
VMK_Grace
VMK_Lion
VMK_LoLo
VMK_Koala
VMK_Mocha
VMK_Nimue
VMK_Polly
VMK_Red
VMK_Sage
VMK_Smiles
VMK_Snail
VMK_Song
VMK_Sunny
VMK_Tiger
VMK_Toni
VMK_Willa
VMK_Zoo
VMK_Zoom

HOST_Sparky
HOST_Hula
HOST_Lily
HOST_Phinny
HOST_Pirate
HOST_Sparky

cheshirecollector
08-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Just for fun, maybe we should start a "Which staff did you see?" list, to see if we can get at least one Inside Out siting of each staff member on that list.

There's at least one person missing from that list, I just noticed, but I can't remember his exact name.

LittleDragonErin
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
This was a guide I made for another site. I also have pictures of 85% of them if Patti or JP want, I can put up the links and they can change is so the pictures show up.

Designers/Producers/Coders
Game Producers are in charge of overseeing development of the game. Yavn is of course the most well known of VMK's producers. He is not the creator, nor own of VMK, but simply a Producer. Designers are the guys who conceptualize, design and oversee the look and feel of the game. They are the "artists" if you will. TikiT is a designer, whose main focus is the pins. The Tiki Pin series is an example of his work. Coders are the programmers of the game. They take what the designers create and make them happen in the game. Not all of these have the special colored ears or orange Mickey Badge. They are not meant to be in-game staff, but rather are more of behind-the-scenes people.

yavn
foe
Fusco
lasse
Morgil
Chivy
nico
stefan
SulkaMon
taikuri
tanelio
wille
wolfman
Apate
TikiT
Z-Mann
jonnez

Testers:
Testers are staff who basically do what their title implies, they test. Testers can be recognized by their blue mickey ears and QA_ (which stands for Quality Assurance) in front of their title. They also have the orange Mickey badge. Testers often have unreleased items, as they are making sure that usage of these items does not have any bugs or cause problems when used in the game. Testers occassionally accept regular players on their friends lists. However, because their main job in the game is to test new items, they don't often socialize. Many of the QA's will have a request in their signature not to bother them, as they are working.

QA_alyuel [No longer on VMK, although she's been seen once after she left.]
QA_AmericaSings
QA_caffdawg
QA_DawgieDawg [No longer QA_]
QA_EonWrangler
QA_Flynn
QA_SuzyQT
QA_SillySyl [No longer on VMK I believe.]

Hosts:
Staff that have HOST_ in front of their names are there to run the events you see listed in the calendar. They design the rooms and games and give out prizes for various events. They also design most of the ride-a-thon rooms. Most of the time they are only seen in their event rooms, but on occassion you can spot them walking around VMK meeting up with other players, playing mini-games or just getting their daily credits. Hosts also handle the Room Makeover events and are most likely the judges for the Best Guest/Game/Quest Rooms (although it is unconfirmed if they are soley the judges or if other staff judge as well). So quite often you may run into them in a player guest room. These staff have red Mickey ears and the orange Mickey badge.

HOST_Annie [No longer staff]
HOST_Babs
HOST_Bambi [No longer staff]
HOST_Bella [Name Changed?]
HOST_Green [No longer staff]
HOST_Hula
HOST_Lily
HOST_Sparky
HOST_Penguin [No longer staff]
HOST_Phinny
HOST_Pirate
HOST_Rain [No longer staff]

Regular VMK Staff:
The rest of VMK staff is divided between in-game and out-of-game duties. Some of those listed below may be rarely seen in the game, as they are usually the staff members who handle the Contact Us section or the Help Button. Those that are seen usually in the game are often going through rooms helping other players with bugs, responding to help calls, or answering questions. All of these staff members have a VMK_ in front of their name, red Mickey ears and the orange Mickey badge.

VMK_Aloha
VMK_April
VMK_Bear
VMK_Bella
VMK_Bingo
VMK_Blue
VMK_Bubbles
VMK_Cat
VMK_Conga
VMK_Dinky [Changed name]
VMK_Eagle [No longer staff]
VMK_Flamingo
VMK_Flight [No longer staff]
VMK_Fern
VMK_Fusion
VMK_Grace
VMK_Ione
VMK_KittyCat [No longer staff]
VMK_Koala [No longer staff]
VMK_Lion
VMK_LoLo
VMK_Matt [No longer staff]
VMK_Mocha
VMK_Nimue
VMK_Polly
VMK_Ting
VMK_Tink
VMK_Red
VMK_Runo
VMK_Sage
VMK_Shorty
VMK_Smiles
VMK_Snail
VMK_Song
VMK_Sunny
VMK_Tiger
VMK_Toni
VMK_Willa
VMK_Zev [No longer a staff member]
VMK_Zoo
VMK_Zoom

Special Characters:
Of course there are some special characters that are handled by staff. At the moment, Push the Trashcan is the only one who falls under this category. However in the future they may add more. Push does have a friends list, which includes both CL's and regular players.

Push

bigpapiortiz34
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I had no IDEA that many staff was in the game! I also had no clue that Push could have a friends list! I wish I could be his friend :)

On the topic of the new Cat staff member. She (or is it a he?!) OBVIOUSLY is jealous on how cool you cats are. NOBODY will ever never ever never ever never be cooler then our guard cats. Lets just put it this way, she just wants to hang with the cool cats :)

WDWfanatic742
08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Half of the staff are making sure that the game is safe, so most are hardly ever on VMK.

Chescat
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
There has always been one main cat in VMK. That's VMK_Lion. He told Nachocat and I a long time ago, you two don't "me owe". Your a cat, you need to ROAR! :thedolls:

LittleDragonErin
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
What's funny is that of the times VMK_Tiger has been seen, all but 2 of them Lion was with her. LoL!

varcity
08-02-2007, 02:33 AM
There's at least one person missing from that list, I just noticed, but I can't remember his exact name.

Slight understatement after reading little's post.:mickey:

Thanks for the guide, Little.

I'm always in trade rooms or talking in friends rooms, so I have seen a QA once and not much of any staff outside host event's. I need to stop thinking VMK has a purpose and just have fun! lol.

LittleDragonErin
08-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Slight understatement after reading little's post.:mickey:

Thanks for the guide, Little.

I'm always in trade rooms or talking in friends rooms, so I have seen a QA once and not much of any staff outside host event's. I need to stop thinking VMK has a purpose and just have fun! lol.

Np! Many staff, like David said, are working behind the scenes. I got lucky back when Eagle was still there that I'd go into his room every now and then and one of those rare staffers you've never heard of was sitting in his room while they worked the help button. That's why few people know about them. They actually never really go out into the game. That's also what makes it hard to figure out who's still active and who's not. We used to go by their names when they were in the dictionary and then taken out. But it seems like more of them are such common words that we can't use that method to tell anymore.

trackbarroness
08-05-2007, 06:38 AM
So why did they take flight out of the dictionary? You don't suppose people were using it to mean fight do ya? Don't because VMK_Flight left (or did he leave?) or because it was a word that was being abused? :confused:
It looks weird when you type "bye folks enjoy your fly it. Or have a magical flight.

LittleDragonErin
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
So why did they take flight out of the dictionary? You don't suppose people were using it to mean fight do ya? Don't because VMK_Flight left (or did he leave?) or because it was a word that was being abused? :confused:
It looks weird when you type "bye folks enjoy your fly it. Or have a magical flight.

Not sure why Flight was removed since it is a useful normal word, but the day after he left it was removed. Most staff members have their names removed from the dictionary (like Babs and Flight) the day after unless it's a very common word like Eagle. But then, there's a couple that are weird like Bella and Koala whose names are still there even though they're gone.

But then again, when has VMK ever had a logical sense to things?

jjramsey
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
But then again, when has VMK ever had a logical sense to things?

Logic...did somebody say logic? What does that mean...in VMK :blush:

You are right though, without knowing the whole discussion behind them, there are many VMK decisions made that leave a lot of us scratching our heads.

Randypandy
09-04-2007, 02:01 AM
wow :jaw: i had no idea there were that many staff on vmk.i rarely run into them at all. lol I spend so much time with friends and on games i barely notice them. :D it's nice they check on rooms and make sure everyone is playing it safe. :thumbsup: