PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Question

wdw_bound
07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
DD8 and I are going to Atlanta for a girls weekend. I need recommendations for a hotel, either near the Aquarium or along 85 North heading out of town. Criteria: safety, pool, nice rooms, restaurant would be nice. I'd like to keep it around $150/night if possible. I looked at the Embassy Suites Centennial Park, but it is booked the weekend we are going.

We are going to spend the first night near Northpoint Mall (American Girl boutique), but since we'll be headed downtown the second day, and then home to SC, it doesn't make a lot of sense to stay in the Alpharetta area the second night.

Any recommendations, Intercottees?

TinkiTime1989
07-29-2007, 12:05 AM
You could try the Hilton Downtown. Being local but not wanting to drive home late one night, we spent a night ther after a Braves baseball game. It was very nice. The Best Western Inn At Peachtrees and the Omni Hotels at the CNN Center are also nearby. Your daughter will love the aquarium. Be sure to go upstairs and see the 3-D show of Deepo and Friends. It is about $5 extra, but the show is cute. The Georgia Aquarium website also has vacation planning help and there is a list of several local hotels that have pacakges including Aquarium tickets. Also as a side note, bags are searched prior to entry. Along with the usual no weapons policy, no lighters or gum are allowed in the aquarium. I learned that the hard way when I had to throw out a brand new pack of gum! There is also a cafeteria inside the Aquarium with decent food at reasonable prices. Have fun! :nemo:

Strmchsr
07-29-2007, 03:11 AM
I've had great luck with getting some fantastic 4 star hotels using priceline in downtown Atlanta and surrounding areas for $100-110/night. I couldn't say a specific hotel that way, but I've always been very pleased.

murphy1
07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
You might look at some of the hotels around Exit 5 off GA 400 right at an area called Perimeter. it's a nice area and close to both area. We had annual passes last year to Aquarium, it's really nice. World of Coke is right across the street as is Centennial Olympic Park. Not too far is also Atlantic Station which has an Ikea, movie theater and a bunch of other shops and things.