PDA

View Full Version : VIP Lounge in The Land Pavillion??

MichaelMouse2379
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I just read on another site that the Land has a VIP lounge. Is this true?? I work for the sponsor of the Land and my next trip to WDW will be my first since I have worked for them. I had been wondering for the longest if they have one in the Land Pavillion like I know TT has for GM employees and I believe M:S does for HP employees. Does anyone know about this??

Pirate Granny
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
A couple of years ago I took the behind the scenes in EPCOT (I think that's what it's called) anyway, our guide said that all buildings had VIP lounges when they were first made, but only Mission Space had one now...at least a functioning one...We were taken up to look around...Not sure if living with the land has one anymore. You could ask your employer.
:pirate:

faline
07-28-2007, 09:27 PM
A few years back, the took some of what had been office space and made a lounge available to annual pass holders. We went there on one occasion when it was open. As I recall, it looked down over the revolving restaurant and part of the ride. We met Chip and Dale there. I thought I remembered that the space had been reclaimed as office space.

TheRustyScupper
07-29-2007, 09:54 AM
1) Kraft had the VIP in The Land.
2) After Nestle took over, it was not used.
3) Epcot used it for an AP lounge for 1-season.
4) Now, it is not longer used.
5) I have not heard of a plan by Nestle to revive it.

Imagineer1981
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Personally I don't like the lounge idea, its like at airports were only higher priced ticket holders can get in, when in reality we all pay the same at Disney for tickets

KAT1811
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I like the idea, as a business owner, it is a nice way to give back to employees that are visiting WDW. Rewarding 40+ hours a week with a special lounge is a nice idea, interesting employee perk.

As a visitor to WDW I'd be a little sad to be left out but I'd get over it. Probably wouldn't stop long enough to use it even if I could!!!

Clotho
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
I like the idea, as a business owner, it is a nice way to give back to employees that are visiting WDW. Rewarding 40+ hours a week with a special lounge is a nice idea, interesting employee perk.

As a visitor to WDW I'd be a little sad to be left out but I'd get over it. Probably wouldn't stop long enough to use it even if I could!!!

LOTS of people work 40+ hours a week, and everyone deserves a little fun time. All of Disney is that!

My husband works for Disney (Internet Group), and even they don't have a VIP lounge. ;) Though we do get Silver Passes. I take that over a VIP lounge anyday. ;)

tomorrowschild
07-31-2007, 06:44 PM
My family visited the VIP lounge the first year we had annual passes. There were couches and chairs to rest your feet. There was also movies playing for the kids. Chip and Dale were there to visit with the kids (Im sure at special times througout the day). There was also free pop and water. It was a nice perk- but sadly it was done away with a few years ago. :mickey:

KAT1811
07-31-2007, 07:44 PM
LOTS of people work 40+ hours a week

But apparently not for the company in question here. Just pointing out that the companies that sponsor the pavillions have their employees in mind and I think that's nice not taking anything away from everyone else!!! My DH works about 80+ hours a week (for our own company)