PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
We are considering the Sept 14th opening event. What is this like? Will a 4 & 8 year old enjoy? Will the ride lines really be shorter? It says there are limited number of tickets sold to this event.

lbjjh1
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
We went last year for the first time, and already have tickets to this years event. It is amazing. We had a great time and our children last year were 4, 8, and 9. Nothing like trick or treating at the Magic Kingdom. :cloud9:
Lines were shorter and characters not normally out were there. We had a great time.
Make sure you see the parade and fireworks if you attend.

tiaramom
07-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Where do the kids go trick or treating?

carley
07-28-2007, 06:06 PM
from what ive read from other posters before we bought our tickets they have places set up threwout the kingdom where u can trick or treat. i also understand that they give you halloween bags when u enter the park.

Donald
07-28-2007, 06:29 PM
My kids loved it! Yes, they give you treat bags when you enter MK and a map to show you where they are handing out treats. Your kids can dress up in costumes if they would like. (It was blazing hot when we went, so the costumes did not last very long!) They ended up with a lot of candy!

The lines for the rides were short. The lines for the free picture were long! Someone stated to go to get your picture during the first parade because the lines are shorter. Everything seems to clear out after the first parade-so if you can give your kids a nap in the afternoon so they can last longer through the night, you will be able to catch the second parade and ride a lot more rides!!

Happy Halloween:bat::blackcat::pumpkin:

Figment!
07-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Where do the kids go trick or treating? Treat Spots and Trails are marked on the park map, you can see last year's map in the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central. :ghost:

GreenBeetle
07-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone who has a chance to attend this event at MK should do it. Your children will love it! I don't know how Disney does it, but MK is totally transformed . . . decorations, spooky music, fog machines, costumes and lots of trick-or-treating. And the Boo to You Parade and special Fireworks are not to be missed. Keep your eyes open for The Headless Horseman starting the parade, he flies by pretty quick!! :pumpkin: :frank:

tiaramom
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
As far as costumes:
Are they disney themed or otherwise?
What did most people dress up in?

Mickey91
07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Your kids will love it and so will you!! There are all different costumes. Mostly Disney but not all. There is trick or treating and the parade and Hallowishes are awesome!:bat: :mpumpkin: We'll be there!!:mpumpkin::bat:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-29-2007, 12:10 AM
We are going to our first MNSSHP on the 14th!! :party: From everything I have heard and read your kids would love it.

We have been at MK the past two years when they are having it and just the little bit we have seen them setting up when we leave is amazing. We can't wait to go. My kids are 10,7 and 3 and are SO excited!!

kathiep
07-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Are all of the rides open or only a select few?

Figment!
07-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Are all of the rides open or only a select few?Almost all.

Check out the link posted above for the 2006 Operational Listing.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
In regards to the costumes, My DS8 wants to be Darth Vader. Can he take his light saber in? We bought it a few years ago at MGM. My DS4 wants to be Capt Jack Sparrow. We have the wig and the sword which we bought at the local Disney store. I'm asking because it looks like there may be some limitations to costumes. Does anybody know if swords and lightsabers are okay?

CaptSmee
07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't have kid's, but you'll have a great time!

GrmGrninGost
07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
MNSSHP is AWESOME! When we go we hardly ever ride anything. Most of our time is spent trick-or-treating, looking for characters, watching the awesome parade or looking at the incredible Hallowishes fireworks! It is a wonderful time to be in the MK! We have our tickets for Sept. 14th and are raring to go!!:mpumpkin:

conorsmom2000
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
We went last year and had such a blast! While most were in Disney costumes, you can wear any costume. But, being you will be going in September, think "light" as it will still be really hot! We went the last week of September and Conor went as one of the Dalmations. We just used a white t-shirt and light white sweat pants, which my cousin painted the spots on (including some hidden mickey spots, which the CM's loved! :thumbsup: ). He then sported puppy ears and a black nose - so, it was easy to move in, not too hot and he looked adorable. The parade and fireworks were both amazing and lots of fun - especially as the characters in the parade kept coming up to Conor, teasing him that Cruella DeVille was coming and to watch out! :D

We've been to both the Christmas party and the Halloween one and while we loved both, Halloween was definitely our favorite!!

PeterPanFan
07-30-2007, 08:52 AM
You will have a blast. Dont miss the parade its great. Awsome music as well. As for the candy....Endless. Its so awsome. Plus the rides are a lot of fun.

StitchplusTink=STINK
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
As far as costumes:
Are they disney themed or otherwise?
What did most people dress up in?

you can dress up in whatever you want.most adults wear those "this is my costume" t-shirts. but nothing innapropriate. if its suggestive or has bad language on it they ask you to leave. and yes the lines are AMAZINGLY short.and if you are in the park about a half hour before you can see the magic unfold.its amazing how quickly they get all the non party people out and they set up. there is music, theres light effects on the main street walls, theres balloons on top of some of teh attractions, and everything is so cool. 1 thing you have to do at least once is splash mountain at night. everything is geared for halloween, but nothing too scary. have fun!!!!

Imagineer1981
07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
don't miss BOO-Wishes and the Boo-to-you pararde

Ariel_Fan
07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
If you are in the MK before the party begins and you have tickets for that night's party, do you have to leave and reenter? If you don't, how do you get to stay in, is there a wrist band spot like for extra evening hours?

Figment!
07-31-2007, 03:03 PM
is there a wrist band spot like for extra evening hours?Yep. :mickey:

In past years Party Guests already in the park were gathered into one section of the park for a-sort-of pre-party.

Now they just need to get a wristband and they can keep on going.

thrillme
07-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd like to do this next year and my DS will be 12. Do you think a 12-13 year old would enjoy this. We've been to Disney several times and he's always enjoyed it. I plan on sneaking him out of school for a couple of days to go.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
What if we are planning on being at Epcot that day. We already had dinner reservations at Epcot that Friday. Since we have base tickets we are bound to Epcot. Do we just go to the front entrance and wait until it starts at 7pm? Or, if we get to MK a little before 7pm, will we be allowed in with the other "pre-party" guests that you mentioned? Does anybody know?

Sinewiz
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm flying in on October 31,st and have purchased tickets for Halloween night. One of the few things I haven't experienced at Disney yet.LOL

Does anyone know if the Halloween night presentation has any additional festivites over the other nights that their Halloween partys have?

KAJUNKING
08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
we are going for our first mnsshp on the 21st and we really cant wait, everytime i read something about it it seems everyone who has been loves it, so we are really excited