PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Cruise Line questions

DessertDivaFL
07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
My fiance and I may honeymoon on Carnival Cruise Lines in Nov. '08. However, I have never been on a cruise. The ship we are considering is called the Victory. Has anyone ever been on this ship? What is the best cabin to stay in for the most space?

Since we have not booked this cruise yet I am open to other cruise ships and cruise lines that you can get the most for your $$$. I welcome all suggestions. We are looking at the 7 day cruises in the Caribbean right now. I am also a foodie so I am looking for awesome food too. Thanks in advance! ;)

Tick-Tock
07-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I haven't been on the Victory yet but I will be next January. I suggest that you visit a website called CruiseCritic, which has an amazingly active board filled with people who can tell you the pros and cons of the Victory (probably down to specific room numbers), Carnival, and other cruise lines.

We usually go for an interior room because we spend little time in the room. If you're at all claustrophobic, though, you'll probably want an oceanview or a balcony.

I've found Carnival's food to be fine. We much preferred the dining room to their informal cafe.

We recently sailed with Royal Caribbean and liked it a little better than Carnival. (Same problem with the informal cafe food, though.) Carnival's decor seems very brash and in-your-face (we were on the Carnival Legend, for example, where the theme is great myths & legends, and everywhere you looked there were urns; urns as handrails, urns as decor, etc.). RC is still splashy, but didn't seem quite as over-the-top. We also liked RC's climbing wall and activities. To give Carnival credit, though, our sailing on the Legend was for a special charter cruise (as will be the sailing on the Victory), so it wasn't quite the usual cruise experience.

Sweetpea29488
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
We've been on 5 cruises with Carnival and we are planning our 6th next year. We haven't been on Carnival Victory but have sailed on her sister ship, Carnival Truimph. We loved this ship. We love the aft balconies. These balconies are larger than the side balconies and cost the same. The Aft balconies (the back of the ship) are wonderful. Some people don't like them because you don't get alot of wind back there but the size more than makes up for it. Also, it's quite back there. Only people that go back there are the ones with rooms. We love Carnival and it's been the only cruiseline we've sailed. If you have any specific questions just pm me and I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

Dedivah
08-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I am heading on my 3rd Carnival cruise in a few weeks. Never been on Victory though.

If you are looking for great food then Celebrity cruise lines has the best food. However, Celebrity is very pricey compared to the others.

Carnival and Royal Caribbean are about on the same level where food is concerned. Although Royal Caribbean is a little bit more $$$ than Carnival.

Since this is your first cruise Carnival is a great place to start for the price. My husband and I did a 7 day Carnival cruise aboard the Glory and had a fabulous time. They had games and shows for the honeymooners. Dh and I even have a tape of the game that we took part in, it was hilarious!!!!

duke13630
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
We were on a 7 day cruise for Cazumel, Cancun, and another place which I forgot the name to. The food was absolutely wonderful, every single day. Even the snacks and breakfast were good. We had a hard time eating breakfast because we wanted room for the dinner. This was about 3-5 years ago and we used Norwegian sea as our cruise ship which I think is no longer there or was purchased by another company. Also, they tend to encourage you to eat seconds and thirds. DO NOT FORGET to ask for seconds and thirds on those big lobsters. The reason is that all that food goes in the trash once they reach port when they fill up for the next trip.

My point for this post was to tell you to think about being sea sick on your 4th day. At the restaurants every single chair was full but on the 4th day and beyond it was at least half empty because no one wanted to eat feeling sea sick. This is one of the reasons why I prefer land over cruise but if you don't get seasick then you will enjoy it very much. Also another downpoint for us was that sometimes our ship was late or can not reach the port at all. We never reached Cancun because the water was too rough for the cruise ship to port so we lost money on that. Another problem may be because they reach a port late and you get less time to enjoy your spot. One the other hand they can also get there early and you get more fun time.

Dyanna
09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Definately check out cruisecritic.com as you can find answers to everything think you want to know about the ship even excursions.

NJGIRL
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
We have been on alot of cruises and different lines. Carnival was our least favorite. It wasn't bad but compared to the other cruise lines...well you could tell the diference. It was our honeymoon so we had a great time, but having been crusing before there was a definate difference.

Mulan
10-15-2007, 11:50 AM
We cruised Carnival last Christmas (not Victory) and I have to say that I was not impressed. We are looking at cruising again and looking into RC. We have done Disney before and also planning a different cruise on Disney.

Now when we cruised Carnival we did this as 5 families with 9 kids under 10. I feel that if we cruised Carnival as adults only that we would have had a different experience. But still not impressed with the ship, food or entertainment.

Check into Royal Caribbean.