PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles at the boardwalk

PeterPanFan
07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello,

I made all my dining reservations back in April. We are all set. I was just going over our plan when i realized that we had one more table service reservation to make. Everything is totally booked. i did however get a reservation at the beach clubs restruant spoodles. has anyone been there?

Maleficent's Dad
07-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Spoodles is actually just across the lake from the Beach Club - it's at the Boardwalk Resort.

We've been to Spoodles countless times, although the most recent visit was about a year ago.

We used to think it was top notch. Good food, great service, etc...

Over the past 2-3 years (or so), we've experienced a downslide in service. It was not a single visit, or an isolated visit, but rather, several trips in a row. Since we stay at the BW often, this was kind of like a mainstay for us - no longer. :(

I would still recommend the place as the food is pretty good, but our experience is that the service has become very poor. Hopefully, someone who's been there more recently than me can come by here and give you some better news.

Dedivah
07-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I wish I could give you better news than Frank did, but I have not been there as yet. We also have a ADR there for our first night in.

I do have a friend that visited in November of last year and loved it. So lets cross our fingers and hope for a great experience for both of us. :thumbsup:

diznee_buzz
07-28-2007, 09:57 PM
We ate there in 2004. The food was pretty good. The service was okay, not horrible, but not what you would expect of Disney. But I haven't been there recently.

I would try it again! In fact, we may be making an ADR there soon as we've just extended our trip by a day, and my DS3 has never been to the Boardwalk!

GrumpyFan
07-29-2007, 01:37 AM
We love Spoodles! Although, we've only been once, last February and thought it was great! We didn't notice any problems with slow or poor service, and the food was great. I actually think Spoodles is one of the hidden food surprises at WDW. Try it, and let us know what you think.

We were on the dining plan and shared one TS credit. We had the Mediterranean Dips for an appetizer which are excellent and then Rigatoni Pasta, which has an optional shrimp add-on (8-10 pieces). It was more than enough for two people to share.

Check the Spoodles menu here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/spoodles_dinner.asp).