PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Breakfast Safari Tour?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought I saw something about an early morning safari tour which included breakfast at AK. The WDW website does not show this under their "tours" section. Does anyone know if they still offer this? If so, is it worth the $$?
We will be there Sept 2007.:mickey:

BelleBeauty
07-28-2007, 01:07 PM
The only morning safari tour that I know of is only for Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge guests (why a lot of people choose to do concierge at AKL). You are able to get into the park before opening, you have a private tour guide (in addition to a driver) and you don't have a time limit in the safari. You are able to stop, take pictures, ask questions, etc. I believe this includes breakfast, but I'm not sure whether it is at AKL or AK. From what I've heard it is amazing - and on my list of future WDW must dos!

Disney Maniac
07-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I read somewhere that if you stay at Concierge level at any resort you can do the Sunrise Safari for about $45 per person. That includes breakfast at Tucker House and the tour!!

Tinkerfreak
07-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I read somewhere that if you stay at Concierge level at any resort you can do the Sunrise Safari for about $45 per person. That includes breakfast at Tucker House and the tour!!

You can only do the sunrise safari if you are staying AKL concierge. We have done this a couple of times. It is wonderful. You get a really great tour of the safari and the tour guide gives lots of interesting facts about the animal programs at the lodge and at the park as well as answers lots of questions. We had lots of time to take pictures and the animals got closer to us than ever. There was a wonderful breakfast after at Tusker House. We would definately do it again if we stayed there. I think guests staying at other resorts concierge can do a different tour but I'm not sure what that one is. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about that will answer that question shortly.

TheRustyScupper
07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
1) The tour is only for AKL Club Floor guests.
2) If not busy, other resort Club Floor guests can get in.
3) It includes breakfast and a SLOW tour.