PDA

View Full Version : Park closings during Christmas holiday

texasteacher
07-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I have become a little concerned after reading that the parks close when they reach capacity during the busiest times of year. I have a trip planned for Dec. 27- Jan 4 this year and have scheduled park hopping every day.
Are park closings common during Christmas? Should I stay in one park all day?
If I have an ADR, will my family be let in?
This will be my 10th WDW visit, but my first at Christmas.
Should I be worried about this? :confused:

Figment!
07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Are park closings common during Christmas? Magic Kingdom and Epcot do tend to enter some of their closure phases on Christmas, New Year's and the surrounding days.

Keep in mind that there are levels of park operation:

Phase One - Open to anyone with a park pass and resort guests.

Phase Two - Open to anyone with a multi-day park pass and resort guests.
2A - Open to anyone utilizing the last day of their multi-day pass and resort guests.

Phase Three - Open to resort guests only.

Phase 4 - No entry available. The park has reached capacity.

Should I stay in one park all day? It would be advisable on the actual holidays themselves (holiday eve's included).

If I have an ADR, will my family be let in?No.

Access to the park during a closure phase is only granted by the above listed criteria.

emmaes1
07-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I had some friends that got down there on the 26th of Dec. last year, and there was a day that Magic Kingdom closed because it was filled to capacity. They were not able to get in that day. They did say that they went to another park within Disney and it wasn't too packed. Hope you have a great trip!!:mickey: I will be going in 51 days and staying for 12!!:mickey:

texasteacher
07-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. They were helpful and I will rework my intinerary a little. I would like to hear more about park experiences during the week after Christmas.
This was the only time my group could get together this year, so we are going to make the best of it, despite the crowds.

LoriMistress
07-28-2007, 05:07 PM
I would arrive at the parks early and do your MUST DO'S ASAP. I would park hop out of each park by 12pm.