PDA

View Full Version : Our dinner time not available

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Ut oh. Just booked, and our dinner time is nt available. They put us in the second dinner which DOES NOT work for us. What to do? Help? What are the odds we can get first dinner????

Minniemouse27
07-28-2007, 12:54 PM
We were on three cruises w/ dd... all before she was 3.5yo and to be honest, late seating worked out MUCH better for us!

We just made sure that she took a nap in the afternoon. It generally took place later in the day anyway ...mostly because there were so many other fun things to do and she couldn't settle down before then!

I wouldn't worry about getting "stuck" w/ the later seating. We wanted the earlier one for our first cruise and it couldn't be switched, and then picked the later one on the two subsequent cruises because it worked out so well!

Enjoy!

Lorraine444
07-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi there,

I've been on 3 cruises, each & every time insisting on having the earlier dinner.
You are always sooo busy during the day, and to get back shower/dress for about 6:00p is way too much! The later dinners are truely better. If you have a young one, a nap is a good idea in the afternoon with the later dinner. If I'm not mistaken you may be able to take the dinners back to your room also.
Enjoy! I can't wait till I can book another cruise...

TammiMcMan
07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
You can call and ask to be waitlisted for the 1st dinner. Your other option is to try and arrive as close to boarding time as possible. When you get on the ship, go straight to wherever they have setup for dining rotation changes and ask if you can be switched. The CM's at the checkin desk can tell you, or it will be printed on your first Navigator.

Tavel
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
We also had the 2nd dinner time at first and were really worried about it, was on the wait list and everything. GOOD NEWS -- it was SO easy to change it once onboard. Just try to be on the ship early.