PDA

View Full Version : 1 family suite w/verandah, or 2 navigators verandahs?

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello.
Our first 7 nite Magic cruise is next Spring. I want to book it soon. We have only done the 4 nite cruise before and have stayed in the deluxe family stateroom with verandah.
Not sure which option to choose. The one room again, or 2 navigator verandah rooms instead? That comes to about the same price. How connected are the 2 rooms if booked that way..in other words, I'd like to feel as if we were all together on the trip..do we just walk from one to the other, can the doors stay open between them? Any advice would be helpful!

ElenitaB
07-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Just off the top of my head, I think that one thing that you need to keep in mind is that if you book two cabins, the first two people in each cabin will be charged as adults. (I face this situation with my DS... who even though he's still a child, er... tween, I must pay full adult fare for him.)

As for the connected rooms, we were in Cabin 6064, which is a "connecting" room. There was a door (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/112066912-M.jpg) between our cabin and the next (look along the right wall), much like a connecting hotel room.

TammiMcMan
07-28-2007, 10:18 PM
The big question is even if there are any connecting cat 7's left to book. There are only a total of 30 on the ship and out of that number, only 4 have connecting doors between them. Whatever you decide, you definitely want to book it quickly.

mouseketeer mom
07-28-2007, 11:07 PM
The big question is even if there are any connecting cat 7's left to book. There are only a total of 30 on the ship and out of that number, only 4 have connecting doors between them. Whatever you decide, you definitely want to book it quickly.

Tammi,
You weren't kidding. I booked the last two left., 6140 and 6142. I am sending a check in for our deposit, and still feeling iffy about my decision. I really like the idea of having 2 bathrooms., I want to feel close together tho! My two girls who will be 14 and 12 at the time will sleep in one room in twins, and myself, DH, and my son who will be 8 then will be in the other. Will the door stay open?, and will I hear them? I feel a bit iffy about the navigators verandah. I thought instead we would book 2 connecting cat 6 rooms, instead of these cat. 7, but they were gty only, they couldn't assure me that they would be connecting. So, that wouldn't do. The cat. 4 family room was a gty too, which meant we might've made out better..but still thought on the longer cruise, the 2 rooms might be the way to go. Hope this was the best plan! Any insight from anyone? Will this add to the quality of our trip, or is the family suite with full verandah the way to go?

TammiMcMan
07-29-2007, 05:28 AM
If it ended up costing the same, I'd stick with the 2 cat 7's. When in doubt, always go for the extra space and the extra bathroom. It's one thing to be a little crowded on a 3 or 4 night cruise. That can be a long time. Plus, with the 2nd room, you can ask them to separate the bed and make two twins. The girls may be more comfortable on actual beds, as opposed to the pull downs.

You may want to just throw 2 door stoppers into your luggage and then you won't have to worry about the doors staying open. I know our stateroom had a connecting door with the next room, but I honestly didn't pay that much attention to it, to see if there was some type of hook.