PDA

View Full Version : What is Toy Story Mania?

burnt orange
07-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I keep seeing constructon updates of Toy Story Mania at MGM and The California Adventure. Is it a ride, a gift shop or something else?Thanks.

Just finished trip 26 and look forward to #27.

krose78
07-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Its a ride. Somewhat like Buzz Lightyear ride. Only it has Woody and some other toy story characters.

BelleBeauty
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Check out info here! (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/disneystudios/mickeyave/toystorymania/default.asp)

Intercot has information posted about the ride and some concept sketches. It is a much needed addition to that part of MGM!

alilprincessmom
07-28-2007, 11:25 AM
This is the first I have heard of this attraction! Sounds like a good concept! Where exactly will it be located?

Figment!
07-28-2007, 12:40 PM
This is the first I have heard of this attraction! Sounds like a good concept! Where exactly will it be located?The space formerly occupied by Who Wants to be a Millionare? Play it! at the Disney-MGM Studios.

Mushu11756
07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
The new Toy Story ride they plan on opening up might have to do with Disney/Pixar planning a Toy Story 3 for 2009/10.... not sure of the date but thats some of the rumors I've heard:confused:

burnt orange
07-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the information! I love Buzz Lightyear, so I'll look forward to it. :)

Wells
07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
From what I have been able to determine, this will be a ride through shooting game that will use the same 3-D technology as the “Pirates of the Caribbean” game at Disney Quest. All of the “targets” and will be 3-D images projected on large screens as you travel through various areas featuring Pixar characters. The projectiles that you “shoot” will also be 3-D images. This will make it easy to change / update the targets and ammunition that is used for each area. There will be a ride installed at both Disney World and California Adventure. At last report, they are having problems with the clarity of the 3-D projection when viewed from a moving vehicle, so the opening may be delayed. Hopefully, they can find a solution for these problems without having to modify the basic ride concept (like having stationary cars with a film that gives the illusion of moving from area to area, like Soarin')

angedeaile
07-29-2007, 01:00 AM
The new Toy Story ride they plan on opening up might have to do with Disney/Pixar planning a Toy Story 3 for 2009/10.... not sure of the date but thats some of the rumors I've heard:confused:

Hmm..yeah I have been confused about the date as well. Under infocentral it lists 2008. That seems a bit early....and 2010 seems abit too long.

jszczur5
08-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Check out info here! (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/disneystudios/mickeyave/toystorymania/default.asp)

Intercot has information posted about the ride and some concept sketches. It is a much needed addition to that part of MGM!

That's a very helpful link - thank you.
Does this ride not sound an awful lot like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?

Jakk
08-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Does this ride not sound an awful lot like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?

Many people think this but there wrong. This is basically gonna be more like Spider Man in IOA. Instead of shooting carboard layouts in Buzz you shoot at 3-D sets that are themed around classic midway games that are set around Toy Storys. So say your playing Bopeep dart water ballon game and when you shoot a dart at the ballon you'll get water sprinkled on you and objects like birds can be flown right at you. Also say your really good at the games the games will get more difficult for you while other people that are having a hard time the games will get a bit easier. Plus TSM has HUGE re-rideabilty because the games change VERY often! Also there'll be a ground breaking AA in the quea, Mr. Potato Head who'll bec kinda like Crush who interacts with you and stuff (this is proabley the first time I'd acutally be excited to wait in line). So like I said this is Next generation Buzz, or how I like to say buzz on mega steroids...lol

BMan62
08-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Is John Ratzenberg (Cliffy Clavin/Made In America) going to be voicing Mr. Potato Head?????

KCMom
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
It looks great! When is it supposed to be ready?