PDA

View Full Version : Opening Ceremony Animal Kingdom

steamboat willy
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I ask the question earlier about opening ceremony at MK, But what is the opening ceremony at the Animal Kingdom? What time does this one begin?
:elephant: :monkey: :monkey: :elephant:

emmingo
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
It begins right at park open (or a few seconds before!). Once you go inside the park, you go up through the main drag to the Tree of Life and wait there. Mickey and the gang pull up in a bunch of jungle rover-type vehicles in all of their safari gear, and there is some music, etc. Its actually one of the better ones. I kind of like the one in Animal Kingdom better than the one in Magic Kingdom...though you don't get the cute confetti!

chick20679
07-28-2007, 07:03 AM
I think it kind of depends on whether you have children in your group or not. It's cute, but when Mom and I went last year, we found it to not be worth getting up so early for. But we're both adults. I think kids would find it entertaining. Maybe it's just us. Hope you enjoy it if you go! :)

EmmMOM2
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
It starts right after the parks opens. It is cute, but relatively short and i wouldn't make it one of the must see's on your trip. The best part about it is after it ends you can get to the safari ride before their are lines!!

snifflesmcg
07-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I saw this last year, it was my first opening ceremony ever. Mickey and friends come out to greet you in front of the Tree of Life. We were two adults and liked it.

WeWantTheRedHead
07-29-2007, 10:06 AM
The park opens at 9:00 A.M. but on WED it opens 8:00 A.M. for hotel guest. What time is the ceremony on WED?:confused:

KylesMom
07-30-2007, 09:56 AM
"The Awakening" as its called will be presented shortly before 8 am during a.m. EMH. :mickey: And then the pandemonium to get to E:E will begin! :thedolls: