PDA

View Full Version : Dining question

Mommy2boys
07-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Do you get your dining credits per night?

hooberry
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
yes you get 1 table service, counter service and snack credit per night of visit, so a 5 night 6 day visit is 5 table credits, five counter and 5 snack credits, you can use say 2 table credits in one day if you want to do character breakfast and a sit down meal at night. we typically run out of credits or last day and have to pay OOP for meals.

Mommy2boys
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I was just doing some research and it looks like not all restaurants participate in this dining option unless you go with the platinum package. I am begininning to wonder if it is still worthwhile.

wendy*darling
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM
That's correct. The total amount of credits you get is based on the number of nights of your stay.
But they are all credited to you at check in, and you can use them in any order you wish. Three meals of table service in the same day- or none. Save all your snacks for the trip home. Whatever works for your family.
Remaining credits expire at midnight of your check-out day.

wendy*darling
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
I was just doing some research and it looks like not all restaurants participate in this dining option unless you go with the platinum package. I am begininning to wonder if it is still worthwhile.

That would be your personal choice.
But the vast majority of restaurants DO participate.
I personally think it is a good plan and works for the way our family eats. Everyone has to come to that decision for themselves.

Are there particular restaurants that you planned to dine at that do not participate?

Mommy2boys
07-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Maybe its just me but it doesnt seem that many character ones participate. Am I wrong?? Maybe I am just looking at the wrong places.

Also, it seems that the counter service is pretty much the same thing everywhere.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Maybe its just me but it doesnt seem that many character ones participate. Am I wrong?? Maybe I am just looking at the wrong places.

Also, it seems that the counter service is pretty much the same thing everywhere.

You're wrong. Most character meals are included, though not necessarily the best use of your credits as they tend to be price-fixed and more affordable than table service meals that offer appetizer-entree-dessert separately vs served buffet or family style.

Also, if you go to Info Central and look up the menus to the counter service dining, you will find that a lot of them have very different atmosphere and offerings.

Further, the Platinum plan is three full table service meals a day, which is great, but a lot of food and more than a lot of people can handle and still enjoy rides at theme parks. Many people find that the regular dining plan is still more than enough food, almost more than some can handle. It is a lot to think about! But asking questions and doing some research will really help find what's right for you.

Hammer
07-27-2007, 09:44 PM

Actually, character meals are included as a table service meal on the dining plan, most costing 1 table service credit. The exception is Cinderella's Royal Table which costs 2 table service credits. Regarding counter service meals, there are many different types of food like seafood, many different types of sandwiches, salads, different foods in the countries in the World Showcase as well as hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza.

As Linda said, it really is a matter of personal preference but take a look at the Info Central section on the Dining Plan (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp).

Mommy2boys
07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I will have do dig a little deeper. This is all soo overwhelming.

Natazu
07-28-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I will have do dig a little deeper. This is all soo overwhelming.

Remember, planning should be part of the fun. Don't let it get to you. Whenever we feel overwhelmed, we schedule a California Grill meal. It relaxes me.

vamaggie
07-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Some things to consider when trying to decide about the dining plan: 1) how old are the kids? Will they eat $12 a day of food? If you have any >10, will they eat $39/day? 2) Do you plan to do at least one sit down, table service meal a day? If not, DP may not be cost effective. We used the Dining Plan estimator (in Info Central) and found for us it would save us money. Check out the restaurants you want to eat at and see if it saves you money. Remember, with the DP, the tax & tip are included so factor that into your costs when comparing. Keep asking questions--the folks here know EVERYTHING!!