PDA

View Full Version : The World in December

traceyo1
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Our first visit to WDW was Dec 26-29, 2005. Needless to say, we didn't get to see much of any park except MGM. By noon each day, we had to leave MK because the crowds were crazy. I had read about the crowds but I didn't realize you can't even walk without running into people. It was way too much closeness for me. We spent one afternoon at AK and one night at futureworld. Never got to World Showcase. This year we are going Dec 12-17. We added a day to try to get to see more of each park and I have read the crowds are thinner this time of year. My question is for those of you who have been there during Christmas week and also two weeks b4. Are the crowds really that much smaller? Also, if the crowds are really that much smaller is it as necessary to use the FastPass?:animal:

Strmchsr
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes, the crowds are considerably smaller, but still expect to use fastpass, especially for the most popular rides. Every now and then you'll catch a FP ride with a short standby time, but in general during December FP is always needed.

sillyolbear
07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Compared to the crowd levels on your last December trip, the crowds will be lighter.

Our experience in early to mid December has been very good. You should be able to do most everything you would like.

Catwillow
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
If you plan your days right you shouldn't have too many problems with crowds.

Also, The World is a MUST during the holidays. All the Countries are decked out in their holiday splendor with many activities going on that the whole family can enjoy.

It's one of my favorite times of the year to go.

LoriMistress
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
December has gotten more crowded throughout the years. Each day the parks gets more crowded. But since you'll be going to the parks before Christmas, it shouldn't be as bad. I would suggest doing at least one time MVMCP. Buy your tickets in advance so they will be cheaper. If you haven't booked any ADRs, I would do that now because there may be less of a chance to eating at the restaurant you may want to eat at.

If you want to have a more enjoyable visit at the parks will fewer crowds and more time to enjoy the parks than I would suggest either The Unofficial Guide or Tour Guide Mike.