PDA

View Full Version : Conference @ WDW

Ariel_Fan
07-27-2007, 09:49 AM
My husband is planning a conference @ WDW in August of next year. Here's the deal, would you go early August or the week before Labor Day? They are looking at Coronado Springs Resort becuase that is in the price range of past conference locations (I was really hoping for the Contemporary). Early August, my daughter won't be in school, but will be my mid August. I'm thinking that if its the week before Labor Day we could go in Sunday and the kids and I (possibly Nana & Papa) could go a couple of days without daddy and then stay through the weekend. Would you do that over trying to get the conference in early August?? Also does anyone know if there are restrictions with the conference tickets? Thanks so much!!

BelleBeauty
07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I would suggest early August. We've gone at that time in 2005 and 2006. You won't have to worry about being out of school. You won't have to worry about holiday crowds. Also, it is just before free dining - historically, supposing they continue to offer it each year. Even though you don't get to take advantage of free dining (which you might not anyway with a conference), the crowds aren't as intense as they are end of August into September. We've also had really good luck getting ADRs (and our trips were both planned last-minute, within two weeks of departure).

Even though I prefer traveling to WDW in November/December, minus the intense heat, I've really grown to like WDW in August.

Ariel_Fan
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much! I appreciate you comments. We typically like to travel in cooler months too and we've been during President's Day (mistake). I tried to get my husband to plan the conference in October or early November to enjoy the cooler weather, but they have another conference for the same organization in April at another location and was afraid it would take away from that attendance...tricky business stuff. Thanks again for your input!