PDA

View Full Version : trip day

mdearmas
07-27-2007, 08:17 AM
ok here's another question for everyone. what is your greatest memory of trip day? You know the day you were leaving to the World!

For me it was definitely the 5am wakeup call. it's the only time in my life i was wide awake at 5am. lol and then 4 hours later seeing the Earful Tower! :goofy:

ImagiAsh
07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
My family flies to Orlando from NY. When we were younger, we used to take early morning flights, which required us to wake at 4 or 5AM. I always woke up to hearing my Mom drying her hair, my Dad taking a shower, and my Brother dragging suitcases down our staircase. Everytime I think about leaving for Disney, that scenario always comes to mind.

DessertDivaFL
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
For us it is when we drive east on I-4 and see the mickey electric tower on the left as we are entering the WDW resort exits area. This is when we start getting excited and anticipating the fun is about to begin. :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
For us it is when we drive east on I-4 and see the mickey electric tower on the left as we are entering the WDW resort exits area. This is when we start getting excited and anticipating the fun is about to begin. :mickey:

SAME FOR MY EMMY!!! She gets sooo excited when I point out Mickey. We always take Exit 62 so that she can get a really good look at it from the exit ramp.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-27-2007, 09:58 AM
My favorite trip day memory was also the first time my kids flew on an airplane. I could not get my 3 yr old son to go potty that morning. He kept saying that he would wait and go at Disneyworld. He had no concept of how long the trip would take!!

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
My favorite memory is of actually starting out to go to Williamsburg and not being able to resist South I81 and heading to WDW for a day of magic instead. We were going through Charlotte instead of Charlottesville when my kids finally realized that Busch Gardens was turning into the Magic Kingdom! We had more fun that trip then on any other!:mickey: It was awesome!

DisneyorBust
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
My favorite memory, without a doubt, is of our first trip to WDW:mickey:!
The excitement was palpable! I think that I was more excited than the kids!:D
I'll never forget the look of nervous excitement on their faces. (the oldest was 10 y/o at the time) The first plane ride and the first trip to WDW had everyone wide awake at 4:30 in the morning! No one had any problem waking up that day!

k_reile
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
My first memory of the 1st time we flew to WDW (and probably my 1st time on a plane) was that we were going to be shot down. You see before we left for the trip, I was in 5th grade and my friends convinced me we were going to be shot down because it was during the 1st desert storm war. But probably thinking about it now was that they were jealous that my brother and I were being pulled from school so we could go to WDW and they had to go to class. :mickey: But once we got to WDW, all of that was forgotten and I have loved going there since.

AmberB
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I love that my 3 1/2 year old son remembers the plan from our two trips.

1. Stay up late packing.
2. Get up early to leave.
3. Ride in Mr. Eldwin's car to the airport.

He goes down the list every time he decides we need to go again.

kaliepooh
07-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I think I am always more excited than my kids. But of course I have to act like I'm not as excited. Kids are smart these days they probably see right through me. I cannot sleep the night before the trip. I get maybe two hours of sleep the night before my Disney trip. Our flight normally leaves around 8:00 a.m thru 9:30 so we are up from at least 4:00 a.m.

We have 17 more days and I can hardly wait!!!

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
We had my 2 1/2 year old little cousin in the back seat & we told him we had a surprise for him (which was going to WDW) well we stopped at McDonalds for lunch and he though that was his surprise he was thanking us and everything. Too cute.

JWB3
07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Getting up early, dark & cold - upstate NY, 4:00 am in Jan or Feb. Landing at WDW with a temp. difference, sometimes of 70 degrees - doesn't get any better than that! And, of course, it's Disney!!

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Well, we also wake up at about 5 am, but the earful tower doesn't come for about 14 hours. Probably my biggest memory is driving through Florida during the last few hours of our trip, particularly stopping at the FLA welcome center and sampling the juice that they have to offer. We also pick up brochures and guidebooks for many major attractions in FLA., as well as road maps. Driving through Orlando is always exciting, and when the Disney welcome sign is in view, it's so magical.:mickey:

wedway fan
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
yippee- purple stars for me!

favorite memory was pulling up to the guard shack at the CR and proudly announcing to the guard "we're from delaware and we're here for our vacation!" the guy, without missing a beat, says, "so, didja drive all the way here in your 'TA'?" looked at him quizzically, and said "huh?" he says, " that's what it says right here on your door, 'TA'." apparently, at some point between delaware and WDW, the letters "HOE" had fallen off the door of my chevy tahoe, and i was now driving just a 'TA". too funny- great start to another great WDW vacation.

LoriMistress
07-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I guess it's getting there. Waking up at either way too early in the morning or taking the red eye (which we'll be doing this time) to MCO. Just arriving there and "officially being on vacation."

LadybugTink
07-29-2007, 01:29 PM
My 2 year old nephew wanting to throw the quarters into the toll booth. He thought it was a game.

mook3y
07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
My favorite is how I can wake up before 5 am and be wide awake (i am soooo not a morning person - but with proper motivation and :mcoffee:)

Next would be after walking through Orlando airport looking for mickey hands and finding DME. Is when we get on the bus and it finally hits the road :bus:

Then, seeing the WDW entrance and hearing the kids say YAY! :D