PDA

View Full Version : illuminations?????'s

realtreebar
07-27-2007, 12:09 AM
read on another post that illuminations is going away! can anyone shed some light on if this is rumor or fact? we are not going until january, but just looking for some true facts as we love illuminations. and hope its going to be there when we get there. "gotta love:mickey: "

snifflesmcg
07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
I read somewhere that the sphere in Illuminations is getting a refirb soon. Maybe that's what you heard. I could be wrong though. I'm sure somebody else knows more than I do.

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I read somewhere that Illuminations would be updated for EPCOT's 25th. It hasn't been updated since 2000.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Updated doesn't mean going away. I think someone heard about updates and got carried away in thinking it would be gone.

Gator
07-27-2007, 04:31 PM
They'd have to be pretty dumb to make Illuminations go away. Of course, they've already taken down the wand, which was pretty dumb. If anything, they'll probably update some fireworks. IMHO, it doesn't need anything changed, and that's after seeing it countless times.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-27-2007, 11:06 PM
This is one of the Greats that the World has to offer. I hope it doesn't go anywhere. I wish they would have another parade though.

DizneyRox
07-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Epcot will always have some sort of nighttime show.

Disney is pretty cheap and constantly find a way to use "old" stuff, so a rehab of the sphere and a new fireworks arrangements and Disney can change the name of Illuminations and al of the sudden they have a new "Nighttime Spectacular".

That's what I would expect to be the extent of the changes. Reflections of Earth will probably be dropped at some point and the new tag line attached. The music will probably change at that point as well. Epcot's 25th seems like a good time to make the change if you ask me.

I bleeive that others have reported testing of new effect over the World Showcase lagoon somewhat recently, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this change happening. It really could happen overnight.