PDA

View Full Version : I expected more from Disney

LADY DI
07-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I am furious.

I just spend over an hour waiting on line for reservations at 1-407-939-7500 to get through to an agent to add some options to 2 magic your way packages. I didn't mind paying for the long distance call from Canada or waiting on line because I really wanted to add preferred rooms and water parks to my pkgs.
I finally got through at 10:23 pm ( reservations closes at 10 pm), but I was glad not to be dropped from the queue and someone did answer my call . I asked the gentleman ( I think his name was Jim, but not sure) to add the preferred room options on my pkgs, he said he would need my reservation numbers and put me on hold before I had a chance to give him the numbers and all of the sudden he's gone and I'm answering the survey. I think Jim's shift was over and he wanted to get home. You could imagine how the survey went. At the end of the survey the line hangs up on me. I called back and I get a recording saying that reservations close at 10 pm.

I have always had top notch service with Disney and am livid at the horrible service received by this individual. I am so frustrated I could cry.

magicofdisney
07-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I understand your frustration. That was unacceptable and I know how angry you must feel. Perhaps he truly made a mistake and meant to put you on hold. At least you got to release some frustration through your survey. :(
I just wanted to share how much less stress you'd go through if you should choose to use Magical Journeys. They truly are wonderful. Anytime I need something added (or subtracted) from my reservations, all I need to do is email Wendy at MJ and she takes care of it. I have zero frustration to bother with. Additionally, there is an 800 number for Disney, if that's of any consolation when you call tomorrow. 800.828.0228.

Take care.

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Thats horrible!

mttafire
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Ok,Ok dont flame me BUT!!!! Isnt there more important things in life to get all worked up over? I DO understand your not being satisfied with your service. I just dont see the need to get "livid or furious".:confused: Maybe next time call a bit earlier? Anyways, just my feelings....Nothing personal!:mickey: Enjoy your trip and RELAX!

kakn7294
07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I totally understand you being upset because at that moment, that is the most important thing in your life. Also as far at the previous poster's suggestion to call earlier, I wouldn't have though you would have to spend an hour on hold so calling shortly after 9pm should have been plenty of time in my mind too. Hopefully it was an accident that he hung up on you - it might make you feel better to think that it was. I hope things go better the next time you call to get things changed around.

snifflesmcg
07-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about the same problem. I had called at 9:45 pm hoping to get them on the phone thinking it would be a slow time. I was on hold for over 20 minutes when it finally just went to the survey.

Disney, for the most part, has excellent customer service. But my argument has always been, not everyone operates on the on the same EST clock. I do...but many don't. Considering Orlando, FL (especially because of Disney) is one of the top vacation destinations in the world, you would think they would offer a 24 hour line. Also, (again, this doesn't pertain to me, I have unlimited long distance) I think they should have a few 1-800 numbers.

faline
07-27-2007, 06:07 AM
A few people have posted recently about going the survey at various parts of the day. It may be a phone system problem on Disney's side.

I, too, sould suggest using Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)! So much easier to let them do the work for you!

Polynesian Dweller
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Magical Journeys may be a reasonable suggestions, I don't know for sure. But for those suggesting it, remember the poster is Canadian. Canadian laws about travel protection are different and do not necessarily provide protection for non-Canadian travel providers. Just saying, that the OP should check that out before immediately going with them. By the way, there are protections for Disney itself since it has its own Canadian website and so complies with the provisions.

offwego
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Magical Journeys may be a reasonable suggestions, I don't know for sure. But for those suggesting it, remember the poster is Canadian. Canadian laws about travel protection are different and do not necessarily provide protection for non-Canadian travel providers. Just saying, that the OP should check that out before immediately going with them. By the way, there are protections for Disney itself since it has its own Canadian website and so complies with the provisions.

I'm from Canada...and use Magical Journeys..we can still purchase trip insurance (not via Disney but privately if we wish) and our credit cards still have many (if one reviews one's agreements) of the same protections that are offered.

I've used Melissa for must be 5 perhaps 6?? trips with no problems whatsover.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry for your bad experience. It must have been extremely frustrating. I call in the middle of the day and I have never been on hold longer then five minutes. If you can call earlier in the day, try that instead. Obviously, that's not always a possibility. I doubt I would have had your patience to stay on hold that long in the first place, and after all that to be hung up on?

krose78
07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I think they should have a few 1-800 numbers.

They have 800-828-0228 and 877-939-3732

MMouse6937
07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Ok,Ok dont flame me BUT!!!! Isnt there more important things in life to get all worked up over? I DO understand your not being satisfied with your service. I just dont see the need to get "livid or furious".:confused: Maybe next time call a bit earlier? Anyways, just my feelings....Nothing personal!:mickey: Enjoy your trip and RELAX!

I'm all about being positive and all, but if I had just waited an hour on hold, long distance, from out of the country, and got nothing accomplished, I would be pretty mad myself!! Would I let it ruin my whole trip, no, but I would still be VERY angry.

Sorry about your experience, that does stink. Hopefully you can use one of the 800 numbers and try again. I also suggest Magical Journeys, I haven't had to worry about a thing! Good luck!

Caroleh
07-29-2007, 09:20 AM
The one problem with 1-800 numbers is not all of them work from Canada...I'm not sure if Disney's works from here, but's it's really frustrating when someone gives you a 1-800 # and it doesn't work.

Also I'm using MJ right now and it's so much easier then having to call WDW long distance.

Mickey91
07-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Totally uncalled for remark. We all get angry, livid and furious from time to time. And, when we have spent our evening on hold to be hung up on, it tends to light the fire.

Hope you were able to get through and make your changes. I have also called at night thinking they would be slower. Usually one of their busier times I believe. Good luck!:mickey:

mttafire
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Totally uncalled for remark. We all get angry, livid and furious from time to time. And, when we have spent our evening on hold to be hung up on, it tends to light the fire.

Hope you were able to get through and make your changes. I have also called at night thinking they would be slower. Usually one of their busier times I believe. Good luck!:mickey:

Uncalled for remark?.. I was not all rude and completely stand by my comments. I simply gave my opinion of the situation. It certainly WAS called for. If the original poster did not want any feedback they wouldnt have posted it to begin with. I think if you read my comments again you'll see with some common sense that they were fine. Remember.....We all have opinions and just because you disagree with them doesnt make them "uncalled for"...So with that,Peace.

atruesag
07-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Just wondering why no one every suggested contacting WDW to see if could get reimbursed for phone call (most likely would need copy of phone bill to show actual cost).

Not sure I would have held of an hour - but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

snifflesmcg
07-31-2007, 02:19 AM
They have 800-828-0228 and 877-939-3732

Oh ok, that's news to me. They don't exactly advertize that number.

Just a note, some people don't have the opportunity to call any earlier. Not everybody works 9-5 and maybe 9:30pm IS the earliest they can call.

Wolf
07-31-2007, 08:16 PM

I totally agree this is inappropriate. Yes there are but you know what? Your on a DISNEY website! We discuss DISNEY here, and we complain about DISNEY issues here. Lay off and dont criticize.

mttafire
07-31-2007, 08:37 PM
I totally agree this is inappropriate. Yes there are but you know what? Your on a DISNEY website! We discuss DISNEY here, and we complain about DISNEY issues here. Lay off and dont criticize.

Obviously you havnt read my comments very well..Again i stand by them 100%. They were not rude and i was respectful to the O.P. YES, This IS a Disney website and we DO discuss Disney..That does not mean we all have to agree with one another. If i complain about something in the future you are FREE to tell me that my complaints are unfounded. Why? Its YOUR right too!:thumbsup::mickey: BUT, Its also mine.:mickey: Out of respect to the Moderators im not going to reply to this thread again. I made my point and a couple of you disagreed. Thats perfectly fine. Different strokes for different folks. But i dont think it serves any purpose to continue the "debate". Anyways to the O.P. relax and have a zip ity do do time at Disney!

Clotho
07-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Of course it helps to think "will this matter a year from now?" when trying to figure out if our frustrations are justified at the level we are feeling them...

BUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE US FEELING THEM!
At least not in the moment! I am sorry for your frustration! :( I got kicked over to the survey twice without ever talking to anyone after 10-15 minute waits and that had me feeling pretty steamed!

I had NO IDEA until today, via a similar discussion board earlier today, that they had 1-800 numbers! I am going to note them from now on!

And I think it's good advice on asking for refund on the phone bill. Though I doubt you will get a penny, it is a good complaint to make, an dif they get enough, maybe they will fix it...