PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point Questions:.....

Sunshine1010
07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I just reserved a romantic dinner for my husband and I at ARTIST POINT. I can't wait! My son will be at THE CUB'S DEN at the WL. This will be so easy for us since we are staying there. We're going to go to MK that day....take the boat back to the resort, change and take him to the Cub's Den at 7pm and then head on out to the restaurant! How easy. And....the dining reservationist actually made my reservation for me for the childcare!!!!!

A few questions........
- How is the food?
- I heard I can ask for a window seat upon arriving.....like the CA Grill. If so, is it worth the wait?...
- Does the window seat have a view?
- I see on the menu that there are two ways to order: either by the 'one price dinner' choices (appetizer, dinner, dessert), or you can order from anything from the menu....which one can you get with the dining plan?
- No holidays or special events....but what can I do to make this romantic for my husband and I?...anything special they can do or I can do?
- When I made my reservation, they asked me if I wanted an intimate 2-top or 4-top....I went ahead and asked for a 4-top.....will there be a difference of anything? (especially if I want to wait for a window seat)
- Any special insider tips or comments?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

TexasPrincessAurora
07-26-2007, 11:54 PM
The food at Artist Point is amazing! The mushroom soup is absolutely devine. The buffalo sirloin is delicious. The berry cobbler is out of this world. The service is top notch...if Mickey is working ask for his section.

As for the dining plan, you could get the equivalent to the one price dinner with it, as with the dining plan you get an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Maybe others will have answers to your other questions...

Septbride2002
07-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I haven't eaten here, so I can't offer any suggestions or answer your questions - I just wanted to say it sounds like a lovely evening :)

c&d
07-27-2007, 10:23 AM
The food at Artist Point is some of the best we've had. The service by the cast members is some of the best at Disney. I've had the tenderloin and DH has had the buffalo steak. Both were really good. I've had the cobbler for dessert and that was mighty tasty also.

We've sat by a window and in the main part of the restaurant. The view is over the lake and the pool, although it was nice, I don't think that much more is gained by a window seat view wise. You're on the 2nd floor not up high like CA grill. A window seat is a little more intimate but there was plenty of space between us and the next table when we were in the main part of the dining room.

We've eaten both ways and both were very good. If I recall there is also a wine pairings option with dinner. We did that once and it was very good.

For me, any leisurely dinner that is kid free is a romantic dinner. ;) Just enjoy the time together at dinner.

Tips, sit back, relax and enjoy a fabulous meal.

Scar
07-27-2007, 10:27 AM
My wife and I had the Salmon and the Pork Chops. They were both great!

From what I remember, all the window views are of the courtyard / pool area. A nice view but since you are staying there, the same view you will see everyday.

I don't know about the DDP.

What is 2-top and 4-top?

ibrowse17
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Agree that you should get a window seat. DW and I had a great view of a waterfall, which really added to the experience. The food was great, and I would suggest the buffalo. Have a great time:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
07-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the comments so far....and I'd really like to hear more.

I've heard...from this website....that the view isn't 'anything special', but I was wondering if that was a personal opinion, or...if indeed...it wasn't anything spectacular.

It sounds as if it will be a 'sweet view'....I think I'll still ask for it.

2-top: table with 2 chairs (sits 2)
4-top: table with 4 chairs (sits 4)

My husband can be a very romantic man, and I wanted to surprise him with something from myself. Any suggestions?

BelleBeauty
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
It sounds like a lovely meal. I can't wait to try it myself!

Maybe you can call the restaurant directly and ask them if they might able to help you find a bottle of wine from the year you were married?

Sunshine1010
07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
This is what I'd really like to do.....but I know it's sooooooo far-fetched.

I'd like to go to our reservation at Artist Point, and before dinner, ...have an ordained minister (plain clothes person would be fine) walk up to our table and surprise my husband.... and renew our vows. No papers needed.....just a simple stand up from our table, say the vows and kiss.

That would be absolutely perfect.

Any ordained ministers here?...willing?...he he

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2007, 02:12 PM
AP - great restaurant, in case you haven't read enough already!

Salmon = :tasty:
Buffalo = :tasty:

They do have wine pairings as mentioned before. Whereas the window seating is nice (IMHO), I wouldn't make a huge deal out of it.

Not to be a downer, but...
We read soooooooo much about the berry cobbler that we were dying to try it. And whereas it's very good, it was nowhere as good as I had read about. So try it and enjoy, but don't expect the earth to shake as you indulge!

I love the idea of renewing the vows - DW & I will do so for our 25th (we're halfway there!), but not sooner. Why we didn't marry in WDW I'll never understand...:confused:

My husband can be a very romantic man, and I wanted to surprise him with something from myself. Any suggestions?
Well, yes, but none that would be appropriate here! :blush:

Sunshine1010
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I know that renewing vows cost thousands of dollars at WDW....that's why I thought it would be nice if someone just walked over and surprised my husband and renewed our vows.......ahem....for free. he he

I've heard the berry cobbler is good at Artist Point.....but I'm willing to bet that it's just as good as Cracker Barrel's.

LoriMistress
07-27-2007, 03:55 PM
DH and I booked our ADR to eat there for our romantic dinner. I can't wait to try to buffalo steak! Buffalo is so good.

grumpycajun
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
You made an excellent choice when you picked Artist Point. Yes, a window seat would be nice, but not necessary. It's a beautiful restaurant no matter where you sit. Our son had the venison spring roll appetizer. It was delicious. I had the duck confit app and it was equally as good. I'll be hard pressed to choose between the two next time. Good thing we all like to share! The buffalo is awesome. Probably one of the tastiest cuts of meat I've had. The cobbler was very, very good, but the coffee two ways dessert was the biggest hit with all of us. If you like creme brulee you have to try it. Definitely do the wine flight if you enjoy wine with dinner. You can either go with the suggested wines, which are printed on the menu along with the food selections, or you can choose which wines you'd like instead. I suggest you just go with their suggestions. I did and thought they were perfectly paired. The port they served with my dessert is to die for. I've got a new respect for Pacific Northwest wines. If you can, try to request Pok(pronounced "Poe") as your server. She is excellent. Our daughter can be very picky and Pok handled her just right. Aside from that she gives the perfect amount of attention; there when you need something, but not overbearing at all. I learned later that she is one of the longest tenured servers at Disney and her professionalism illustrates that fact. One last thing... Call them back and ask them if they will print up special menus for you. I let them know ahead of time we were celebrating my wife's birthday and they printed something like " In Celebration of Phyllis' Birthday" across the bottom of all of our menus. It was a nice touch. She was really surprised. You get to keep them and it's a really nice keepsake to remind you of your special night. Have a ball!!!:thumbsup:

PalMickey
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Was there last week , excellent restaurant , ask for table 56 and you will be near a window looking at the water fall , you won't regret your choice.

Cobler for dessert is excellent .:mickey:

Sunshine1010
07-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Hhhmmmm......table 56 huh?

sillyolbear
07-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Artist Point is a great choice. As everyone else has mentioned the food and service are both excellent.

I'm a minister but will miss you by a month...we're going in December. Otherwise, I'd be happy to assist.

Hope you have wonderful evening!

Sunshine1010
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh noooo......well, thanks anyhow. That would have been soooooooooo awesome of you. !!!!!!

I hope you have a good trip.

murphy1
07-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Have a wonderful meal! I love this place, I know you will, too!

Sunshine1010
07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I must admit....the guilt of dropping my son off at the Cub's Den is hitting.

.....I'm a dork.