PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 10:22 PM
We are in the process of booking our vacation and are going to use the dining plan. from what I have read I shoud make reservations. We plan on spending on day at each park. Looking for suggestions on where to dine at each particular park.

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 10:25 PM
It would be helpful to know how old your chldren are and what their interests are (like who are their favorite characters, etc.)

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
If you know when you will be traveling you can also look at the park hours 6 months in advance. The hours are tenative, but usually stay about the same. I always like to plan dinner res. around Wishes, Fantasmic, & Illuminations, but it will also depend on how old your children are, what type of food they like, etc.

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
our boys are 1 and 4 and not picky eaters!

TIA!

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Since they are young, you can't go wrong with Character meals. The Crystal Palace at MK and Chef Mickey's at Contemporay Resort are both buffet character meals. The Crystal Palace has Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet and I think Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto(I think). The Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, is a family style meal and the characters there are Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, & Pluto.

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks! Do you know if those require 2 credits?

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Since they are so young, I would recommend some of the "lower octane" character meals. In my book that means lowering the overall level of sensory input (though many disagree, I feel Chef Mickey's is very loud and busy and might be overwhelming for a very small child). To dine with Mickey, I'd head over to Garden Grill at Epcot; even though it's big, Crystal Palace at the MK is a great place to meet Pooh and pals. They probably watch the Disney Channel and Toon Disney so lunch or dinner at Hollywood & Vine with Jojo, Goliath and the Little Einstein kids might be something they'd enjoy. And Animal Kingdom will soon have its new buffet with Mickey and pals (ADRs are still not being accepted for that venue though).

Off the top of my head, I'd say that all character meals are 1 table service credit.

You can read about the character meals here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp) on InfoCentral.

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
MK
LLT - TS
Cosmic Rays - CS

EPCOT
Coral Reef - TS
Electric Umbrella - CS

MGM
50's Prime Time - TS
Backlot Express - CS

AK
Restaurantasaurus - CS
Planet hollywood (DTD) - TS (Unless the new TS at Tusker House is available at AK)