PDA

View Full Version : First Timer On-Property--Suggestions?

awaggett
07-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi--we'll be staying at CR in September--it's on our first time on-property since I was little. Do you have any tips or suggestions and "hidden benefits" that could help us out?

Thanks in advance.

BronxTigger
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM
These benefits are not really hidden, but...

-Just about anything you buy in the parks or at DTD can be sent back to your resort. You don't need to carry it around all day. Just ask when you check out if you can have it delivered to your resort. It can take a day or two, so don't do this on the last day of your trip.

-Extra Magic Hours
-Magic Express Airport Shuttle

Pixie Dust '59
07-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Use the Extra Hours the Park gives to Guest. Read the Hotel News Letter and ask Cast Members if anything special is going on.
Have a great time.

:woohoo:

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
[quote=BronxTigger;1368731]These benefits are not really hidden, but...

-Just about anything you buy in the parks or at DTD can be sent back to your resort. You don't need to carry it around all day. Just ask when you check out if you can have it delivered to your resort. It can take a day or two, so don't do this on the last day of your trip.

This is a really great perk...but make sure you ask the clerk before they ring up your purchase. I forgot once and the clerk told me they couldn't do it because I didn't ask before they rang up the purchase. :(

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Wow! The CR!! You are really going to spoil yourself!:mickey: Well outside of the obvious, the monorail, Disney transportation etc. Extra Magic Hours are awesome!! Plus, you are going to be totally immersed in the magic from the time you get there until you leave!!!:mickey: If there is a special occasion while you are there be sure to tell them at the front desk when you check in. Have a great trip!!

KylesMom
07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
If crowds are crazy for the monorail, be sure to take advantage of the walkway between the CR and MK. We would walk to the MK each morning, and if crowds were lined up for the monorail in the evening we LOVED being able to just walk back to our room - in 10 minutes or less!

Be sure to schedule a character meal at Chef Mickey's, too! You'll have a great time at the CR! :mickey:

DDuck66
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
In 2005 we stayed at the CR and had a MK view. Be sure to request that view. It was fantastic to watch the fireworks from the balcony of your own room. We really got some different and unique pictures.

irish1967
07-27-2007, 10:15 AM
The MK bus stop is between the CR and the MK - when waiting for a bus - keep an eye on both options - you might be able to get on a MK bus before you can get onto a bus to the CR. I remember doing this from AK when we were there a couple of years ago...

wedway fan
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
the nice thing about staying in a monorail resort is that each monorail on the resort line has its own "designated" monorail for priority front-car seating. so if you want to ride in the front (which you definitely should, at least once), you'll be almost assured a ride as long as you can wait for a train or two if necessary.

jokat
07-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Definitely schedule a wake-up call! A special friend will start your day! It's also definitely true what another poster said of being immersed in the magic from beginning to end...well worth it! :thumbsup:

A Big Kid
07-29-2007, 10:21 AM
These benefits are not really hidden, but...

-Extra Magic Hours
-Magic Express Airport Shuttle

If it is near the end of your trip, you can also have the package sent to the front gate area to be picked up at the end of your day in the parks.

Seasonscraps
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Along with everything mentioned above, charging privileges on your room key card so you don't have to carry too much cash around.

It sounds silly, but I also like the convenience of having one card for the room, park admission & dining plan -- less for me to keep track of (and lose :blush:)

Have a great trip!!!!!!

disneymom2000
07-29-2007, 10:29 PM
OK - the monorail is great except I couldn't understand the audio in the car I was in (twice - separate times). Until I got used to the monorail and the transportation center I found myself being taken back to EPCOT which is where I caught the monorail to get to Magic Kingdom not realizing I had to get off at the TTC and change monorails. This isn't explained too well in any of the information I had ever found. Boy - did I feel like a total doodoo. In your case it might be catching it at your hotel to get to EPCOT and then getting back.

RBrooksC
07-30-2007, 10:03 AM
If crowds are crazy for the monorail, be sure to take advantage of the walkway between the CR and MK.

This is true for people who aren't staying at the CR and have their cars parked at the TTC.

Back in 2001 my group was leaving the MK and the monorail/ferry boat was PACKED with people, so we walked to the CR and took the resort monorail to the TTC and made it to our car.

The walk was brief and there was nobody on the monorail train. Saved a lot of time and headaches.