PDA

View Full Version : Renting from a DVC Member (Holiday)

BigRedDad
07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I know I can get a ressie from a DVC member. My question has to do with renting over a Holiday week. We may be planning a trip in 2008 starting the Friday before Thanksgiving for 8 days. How would the points work for a weekly rate +1 day?

I know the point charts shows points for Choice leading up to a few days before T'Day, then more points for a few days through T'Day.

dlpmikki
07-27-2007, 05:17 AM
All points are on a daily basis so you just need to find out how much the points are for each day you want. Weekend nights cost more than weekday and as you have already discovered they put the points up for holidays. Members can book their home resort 11 months out and to get the timeframe you are after they will probably have to book then. You may also need to be flexible about which resort you want as some will be a lot easier to get into than others.

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Ask the DVC member whose points you're using for a points chart. Either you or s/he will have to figure out how many points are needed. As stated above by dlpmikki, all points are based on daily usage. The charts usually include a "weekly" column purely for convenience of the members.

Mushu11756
07-28-2007, 02:37 PM
You can view DVC point charts from the Timeshare Store. I know they are a sponser of Intercot so I hope it ok to mention them:confused: This is the link:thumbsup: http://www.dvc-resales.com/DVC-point-charts.htm