PDA

View Full Version : My three yo has been quite a pill the last couple days

murphy1
07-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Terra has met her, so she knows her little personality:thedolls: Yesterday, two Sherriff's deputies and a fire truck show up at my house. She pushed one of the buttons on our alarm pad and the alarm co. tried to call but I was on the other line with my other dd's tutor and didn't get their call, so it was sent as a medical emergency. I was so embarrassed, thank God they were very nice about it! It did scare her enough she won't do it again and I have put tape on it to shut the pad. Then today she draws concentric circles on my wall, thanks to Mr. Clean eraser it's gone! She is so sweet and cute, but honestly looks can be quite decieving, can't they!! I watch my kids like a hawk, but we just put in carpet and I am trying to get things put in order, so I leave her for a minute and it goes nutso here! She is my third one, too.

I hope I haven't scared any of you in the mom's club thread!

kakn7294
07-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Kids can be so rotten while looking so sweet and innocent! My youngest DD - now 7 - has always been quite the character too. I was in the shower the other day and she came to tell me she just dialed 9-1-1 for no reason at all. After I panicked, she said "just kidding" and ran off! She has decided that DH and I can't just be "Dad" and "Mom" - instead, she calls him "Kitten" and I'm "Puppy" - and the more we resist her calling us by those names, the more she does it. One day not so long ago, she decided she wanted a baby brother and decided that I was pregnant (which I am not - and there's no chance for a baby brother unless she gets adopted by another family). She followed me around the house for 2 hrs telling me to be careful so I didn't hurt "Bob", the name she picked out for her baby brother. Your little one sounds just like her!

ftwildernesskid
07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
My third, also a girl, is the same way. So sneaky and full of mischief. I think the terrible 2s are a myth. The real trouble starts at 3. Actually, she's been a handful from the start, but since she turned 3, she's turned it up a notch. It's a good thing she's so darn cute and that she's my last...my house couldn't stand up to a 4th!

Sunshine1010
07-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I could only HOPE that my child had the 'terrible two's' again.

To explain: My husband works at an ambulance service and works 24 hour shifts, every 3rd day.

My son is 6 and has this amazing ability to be an absolute PERFECT angel (yes ma'am, thank you, please, no whining, being pleasant) on the days my husband is at work...

BUT....when my husband is off work and is home for those 2 days...he becomes possessed. VERY disrespectful and disobedient.

Funny though......I remember the terrible two's ---- they seem SO EASY compared to this.

he he

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
It must be a Girl/Third child thing...lol. ;):thedolls:

My DD can be quite the little stinker too. We have gone the Fire/Police Dept route too. She dialed 911 when she was two and left the phone off the hook without us realizing it. They could not get through to see if it was an error and sent the PD and first responder to the house. The topper..DH is a 911 Dispatcher for the same Dept!! The other guys hassled him about it for weeks. ;)

Taylor blames everything on Shamu. :D She is a huge fan and he does everything in our house. He spills things on the floor, he lets the dog out when he should not be, he makes messes. It is always "Shamu did it, Mommy". I figure I better let her Pre-K teacher know since she starts school in September. Shamu could be making quite a mess in the classroom.

She harrasses her brothers too. We were in the car last week and looks at her oldest brother (Who is a Mets fan...I think he was switched at birth..lol ;) and proceeds to tell him "Sean, The Mets s*ck"!! I almost cracked up the car!!! I have no idea where that came from and after I laughed my butt off informed her if I ever heard her say that again she would be in big trouble.

Other times she is an angel. Really. It is just that her stinker moments are big ones. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.

Good luck with your little Princess. You are not alone!!

Terra
07-26-2007, 09:32 PM
oh boy what I have to look forward too!!! LOL
Oh goodness on the Emergency crew thing...but it does happen!

Kathy...LOL...Kitten and puppy!! And the baby brother Bob! I can only laugh because it's not my son YET! LOL...

Flower
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I am in tears reading this!

My best friend always said it was not the terrible 2s that stressed her out, it was when Hope was 3 & 4 that drove her nuts. My 3 yr old has been 'trying' these days as well and her words haunt me :ghost:.

Last week Brandon (3yrs) got in trouble at daycare. He and another kid were caught calling each other a 'stupid F' . The teachers scolded them and the other boy piped up "But daddy says it all the time" I was still mortified, Thank god it sounds like Brandon learned it from the other kid though. :blush: I had to sign a clause when he started school that they could kick him out for swearing.

As far as the 9-1-1 thing, I worked :cop: call-taking and dispatch and it happens more than you think. It is very frustrating as our mandate says we 'have to attend' when a lot of the time we would speak to a child and they would refuse to get mommy or daddy, the other times you could hear a child in the background and would figure it was ' just a kid playing with the phone'. Very rarely is a 9-1-1 no voice contact a true emergency (fortunately). I am just waiting for the day when my colleagues show up at the house because I know Brandon or Benjamin will be calling!

Oh yah, and Brandon knows that "Bennie used to be in my tummy", so every once and a while he tells people that "Mommy has a baby in her tummy". He honestly brings up the baby in my belly at least once a week. He hasn't named the baby yet!!! Bob is too funny, Puppy!!

murphy1
07-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Me and my friends all say "the terrible threes!!" also, that's too funny! The poor thing started getting a virus yesterday and has been throwing up since 2:30 this morning, but she's sleeping now. It has been quite a week for us!

Momof2boys
07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Both my boys didn't hit their terrible 2's until they were 4 ;)

Each time we'd go grocery shopping they'd ask (pretty loudly) "Mom, don't you need more wine because you drink it all the time". :blush: I kept thinking people were looking at me thinking I was a drunk.

They are 9 and almost 7 and they aren't *as* bad now.

JanetMegan
07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Man you guys have me in hysterics this morning. This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time. The wine thing is PRICELESS!

My neighbor has two nephews that I spend a lot of time with since I keep my jet ski on his dock. They are almost 10 and 12. Their father has been known to consume too many beers on a couple of occasions and a few weeks ago he showed up on a Friday afternoon with a six pack of "tall boy" beers. The boys asked me why their dad had such big beers? I told them, well "it's Friday and sometimes at the end of the week Dads need a little extra beer." This seemed to work at the time.

Well apparently a few days later they remembered what I said b/c I got a phone call that the kids had "hidden" dad's tall boys cause it wasn't Friday...

murphy1
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Janet, that's too funny, it must be a Cumming thing, our ladies tennis team is known to knock down more than a few every night over the summer (not a part of that group, some of them tend to be obnoxious and catty)!!

Flower
07-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Both my boys didn't hit their terrible 2's until they were 4 ;)

Each time we'd go grocery shopping they'd ask (pretty loudly) "Mom, don't you need more wine because you drink it all the time". :blush: I kept thinking people were looking at me thinking I was a drunk.

They are 9 and almost 7 and they aren't *as* bad now.

:blush: Hahaha!!!

My best friend that I described above went on a field trip with her then 6 year old daughter. As the bus was driving thru town Hope shouted "Hey look mom - it's your favourite store!!!" Everyone turned to look as Hopie pointed out the liquor store!!! :marg::beer: (This story ended up being told at my friends 2nd wedding too!)

Caroleh
07-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I've got a really good one!!! My DD was about 1 1/2 at the time this happened. My now ex, DD and I had went on a weekend trip to a small town in Minnesota. When we got home we were taking everything out of the car, and like a good mommy I took the DD out of the car and into the house. I set her on the floor and continued helping the ex take things out of the car. We went to go into the house and the door was locked...both of our keys were in the house with the DD. Our door at that time had a skeleton lock, so that's how she locked the door when she shut it. We were both asking her to open the door. We saw her sitting on the floor, but couldn't get her to move. We ended up breaking into the house. There the little stinker was sitting in the middle of the living room, into one of the suitcases, eating a German chocolate bar that I had bought for a co-worker with chocolate all over her face. I changed the locks the next day!!!!

Now the little stinker is 22 and taller then me!!! Trust me, you'll remember all these things very fondly!!!

Flower
08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
OMG - thought you'd all get a good laugh out of this one.

Brandon decided yesterday he wanted some temporary tattoo's put on - no problem. He pulled a chair up to the kitchen sink :dishes:and turned the tap on - you have to get the tattoos wet in order to apply them. He knows how to put them on and he has played in the kitchen sink in the past with no major incidents. (You see where this is going)

Now, while he is doing this I am on the phone with a friend planning another friends baby shower. The friend that I am talking to is also pregnant, and both she and the other pregnant friend are police officers.

I left him alone in the kitchen for 2 minutes while I looked something up on the computer for the baby shower - I then return to my kitchen where a :rain: has already taken place!

He decided to pull the sprayer out of the sink and turn it on - he had water EVERYWHERE, on the ceiling, the floors, underside of the cupboards:sail:. Of course, being on the phone with a:cop: I had to show restraint! He got a time out and I got the shop vac & :mop:out. :dolphin:

On the upside, the floors needed to be :mop: anyway!

Oh yah, I wished both of my friends the best of luck with their babies!

murphy1
08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh Lea Ann that is too funny! my 3 yo loves the sprayer too!

kakn7294
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
I think that's why I don't have a sprayer. I want one but with kids in the house, I didn't think it was a good idea. You've just reinforced that.

Terra
08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

:haha::haha:

Oh goodness.....I'm STILL laughing!!!!!

Great stories!

PirateLover
08-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Lea-Ann.... I would like to apologize for kids around the world who at some point thought it was hilarious to use the kitchen sink sprayer as a plaything. Although in my defense, I never used it just for the sake of soaking my mother's kitchen... it was usually as protection from my older brother who was chasing me with some kind of object (and he used it on me quite a bit as well) :cool:

pogo
08-08-2007, 07:23 AM
You know Shari..... it sounds like she takes after her mommy ! :D

Flower
08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

:haha::haha:

Oh goodness.....I'm STILL laughing!!!!!

Great stories!

Just wait Terra!!!!! David's time is coming!!!!! :thedolls:

snifflesmcg
08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
This thread reminds me of a commercial I saw a few years ago.

IRONICALLY this commercial was for....none other than, Disney World.

It's with the little girl in the elevator telling the person that just stepped on all about her trip.
Then she proceeds to tell the lady in the elevator, "That's my brother Joey. Mommy calls him "our little souvineer"".

Flower
08-09-2007, 12:42 AM
This thread reminds me of a commercial I saw a few years ago.

IRONICALLY this commercial was for....none other than, Disney World.

It's with the little girl in the elevator telling the person that just stepped on all about her trip.
Then she proceeds to tell the lady in the elevator, "That's my brother Joey. Mommy calls him "our little souvineer"".

I loved that commercial!

Tee Hee!!!:blush:Baby Bennie is my little Disney Souven'ear!!:blush:
DH laid the rules out when we first found out I was pregnant - no matter what, the baby was not going to be named Walt or Mickey ... no sense of humour that husband of mine!

murphy1
08-09-2007, 06:44 PM
OMG, guess what she did today!!??? My dh is over in Europe for work and she comes up to me with her sister's little scissors (I was doing dishes at the time), she cut off a side chunk of her gorgeous blond hair!!! Ahhhh!!!!

murphy1
08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
My good friend has her third child as a souvenier from her Disney Cruise!

Flower
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
OMG, guess what she did today!!??? My dh is over in Europe for work and she comes up to me with her sister's little scissors (I was doing dishes at the time), she cut off a side chunk of her gorgeous blond hair!!! Ahhhh!!!!

:oops: Oh No!!!! Will you have to get the rest cut or can you hide it? Oh my . . .

kakn7294
08-09-2007, 09:38 PM
My oldest cut her hair once when it was in a french braid. She cut cleanly through the bottom-most braid but did not cut off the whole length of hair - only that one link. I didn't find it until took her braid out and a chunk of hair fell into my hand. Fortunately, it was underneath on a thick head of hair so it was covered until it grew back in. My youngest used to cut her hair at least once a year - no matter where I hid the scissors she always found them when I wasn't looking. It seems she has finally (hopefully) given that up now that she's 7.

janebanks
08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
You're all making me feel better, less alone, less crazy!

My son is 2.5. The other day, while I was in the very next room and not paying attention to what he was doing for about 5 whole minutes (I know, I know -- you're thinking that's 4.5 minutes too long...) he emptied half a bottle of Costco size Dawn dishwashing detergent in the sink, on the counters, on the floor, on the clean dishes, and on the George Foreman grill.

He whined so much today, I started to wonder if he was Devil's Spawn. No human could make a noise like that for so long.:thedolls:

murphy1
08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh no JB!! That stuff is no fun to clean up either!!!

I'm so glad no one is reading this and bashing me, I really watch these kids, I am with them ALL the time, but if you turn around....BAM!

I can't really disguise her hair, it actually doesn't look bad, my neighbor cuts our hair, so when she gets back from vacation, I'll see her maybe! Actually all of my kids have done the hair snip thing!

Terra
08-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh no Shari!!!! What a character...lol...an NO WAY...no bashing!!!!
Kids are going to do things like that!!!

I wish David had been a "Souven 'Ear"...lol..
But DH hates Disney and won't go...

stinky head!