PDA

View Full Version : What's with Crocs?

crazeedizneefinatic
07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
After all the hub bub around Crocs I really wanted to try a pair. I did not wanna shell out the $28 for a real pair at first so I purchased a "crocs like" pair. I could not keep the things on my feet. The width of the shoe was so wide and the top of the shoe never even touched my foot. When I wore them my foot slide around and my toes were crumpled at the top. They were horrible, very uncomfortable figthing to keep my feet in place. I thought since it was a knock off that was why. Well, my husband surprised me with a real pair of Crocs. They fit the same way. I cannot go up or down in size since the footbed is perfect, just the fit. Do I just have really wierd feet or does everyones Crocs fit like this?? The footbed does seem very comfy.

RockinRobin
07-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I had the same problem as you, but if you keep the strap on you heel they will not come off. They are great for wearing all day and if you are doing a lot of walking.

kakn7294
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually, your foot is not supposed to touch anywhere inside the Crocs shoe except the footbed or the strap if you use it. You can put them in a warm (not hot) dryer for a few minutes to help "shrink" them a bit. Just be very careful to not overheat them or they can melt. I don't wear the strap because I have found that it pushes my foot up into the end of the shoe and it's not comfortable. Otherwise, I love my Crocs! My boss noticed the Mickey-shaped holes this morning!

Caroleh
07-26-2007, 06:05 PM
I love my crocs also, I was told not to buy the knockoffs because they aren't like the real things. My feet have stopped hurting since I've started wearing them...but then again I have fat feet.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-26-2007, 08:20 PM
My kids wear their Crocs all the time. They have a few pairs each. My oldest DS wore his to the Bronx Zoo all day on Monday and said his legs and feel felt great.

I gave in and bought a pair since my kids and so many other people rave about them. They are no where near as comfortable for me as I thought they would be. They fit fine. I keep the strap flipped up. I can't imagine wearing them all day...especially in the theme parks, etc. I do wear them to the beach and in the yard. They are great for those things since you can just rinse them off.

I wanted to love them, I really did...lol. I have the green celery ones. ;) You are not alone.

Speedy1998
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Personnally, I think that if you just take the time to buy a tennis shoe that fits properly you will be much better off. All I see when I look at Crocs is a shoe that offers little protection for your feet.

disneydeb
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
They are comfortable on me. I like Mary Jane crocs best. I can see how hey would not fit everyone perfectly. I can't wear Birkenstocks, but my crocs are great---for ME!:mickey:

pixiesmimi
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
How big they were was my impression when I first got my Crocs. I was afraid that my feet would slide around. Without much time to break them in, I took them on my last trip to WDW in June. They were more comfortable than anything else I have worn. They will eventually mold to your foot if you wear them a lot. Mine are starting to mold to my feet now. Wearing the strap down kept my feet from sliding around. Your feet don't sweat in them. I'll be taking them back with me in August.

Clotho
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I like my Crocs, but I don't adore them like some people seem to.

When you first wear them, it does feel really weird. They are so light and you worry they will come off your foot. But I wear mine all the time and have never had one slip or fall off in any way. I wear slip-on shoes pretty exclusively--I prefer barefoot whenever possible (I am a dancer, and have the tolerance for it more than most), and I have a wide foot so enclosed shoes often bring issues of their own for me.

Anyway, I didn't find that they provided any extraordinary comfort, nor am I finding them to be conforming to my foot much after 6 months of owning them.

One more note: the different styles fit very differently. And even from pair to pair, in the same size, can have a slightly different fit--I noticed particularly the straps can be tighter or looser on some pairs. So if you put on a pair and it doesn't feel quite right, try another style or another of the same style to see if they are a better fit.

magicofdisney
07-27-2007, 01:26 AM
I call them my "Fred Flintstone" shoes, because they look like you need that kind of foot to wear them. They are extra roomy up top. I'm not crazy about them (I prefer Birkies) but I'll wear them occasionally.

snifflesmcg
07-27-2007, 02:14 AM
I guess you can say I have the same "problem". My Crocs don't even come close to my toes and are big all around but they are actually perfect. I wear the strap around the back and they have never slipped off once. Wear them awhile and see what you think. I love mine and I have real problems with my feet.

PS but they are still ugly.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
I have the Cleos. I just got them the other night. I wore them to my second job, where I'm on my feet for 4 hours and my feet didn't hurt by the end of the night. I hope they help as much walking in them.

Clotho
07-28-2007, 03:09 AM
FYI they are SUPPOSED to be roomy all around. On the website it even says it shouldn't touch your foot all around. That is the design.

kaliepooh
07-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Does any one know if the Disney crocks are being sold at the Disney Resorts?

DisneyDudet
07-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Does any one know if the Disney crocks are being sold at the Disney Resorts?

Indeed they are! I saw pics of the store at the Swan and they had a whole rack.

They were also selling them at the WoD in Jan.

pixiesmimi
07-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, I was surprised in June to see kosiks everywhere selling Disney Crocs and most of the stores. I didn't know where I could get mine because a lot of stores don't sell the Disney ones because they have to order such a high quantity of stock at one time, so I got mine on eBay. But when we got there, they were selling them everywhere and at the same price that they are in the stores elsewhere. They also sell the Disney Jibbitz to put in the holes but these are only for the non-Disney ones. They won't stay in the Mickey head holes in the Disney ones. I lost one in about 10 minutes just in my back yard. But they are cute in the other ones.

kaliepooh
07-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys I think we'll each buy a pair when we get to Disney then! We'll call them a souvineir.