PDA

View Full Version : It'a hard to believe

harlowandthemermaid
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
...that it has been 2 years since Sam lost his battle with leukemia. Sometimes it seeems so far away, other times it feels like it was yesterday. If anyone has any kind words or pixie they can spare I could use it today.:crying:

It saddens me that he's not here...I know he would just love being big brother to Vivien.

BronxTigger
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
:grouphug::pixie:

I am sorry. :(

quicksand
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I read your story and my heart just aches for you. :( I pray that God will hold you in his arms and bring you peace. May He heal your pain and bring you comfort. When you feel you can no longer stand, remember that we will stand for you and lift you and your family up in prayer. :pixie::pixie:

mdearmas
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. it's so sad when we lose someone to early. here is 2x the :tink::tink:! just know that you have a large extended family here to always help you and keep you going.

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Some :pixie: for you Mel. I'm sure that Vivien will know how wonderful Sam was, and how much he loves her. Hold tight to your wonderful memories of your special son!

Stan
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

faline
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I still have my Intercot bracelet for Sam.

:pixie::pixie::pixie: to help you with your sadness.

harlowandthemermaid
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I still have my Intercot bracelet for Sam.

:pixie::pixie::pixie: to help you with your sadness.

I'm glad that so many people got to know Sam through Icot. He even has a "Pixie dust for Sam" leave a legacy tile from our Icot family. :)

Jeff G
07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Prayers and pixie dust coming your way from my family.:pixie:

We followed Sam closely as a family and prayed a lot for him and still have our gold bracelts as well. A few weeks back my DD found her's and was wearing it and mentioned to me that she hoped Sam was safe in heaven which I assured her he was. Sam was an amzing little boy who touched a lot of lives, including ours. May god's blessings be with you and help you get through these troubling days.

sgdisney
07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Mel, I just visited Sam's Memorial Site again and was reminded of what a special little boy he was, always smiling and laughing. My thoughts and prayers are with you today as you hold tight to your memories of Sam.

Disneyatic
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I just visited Sam's memorial site, it is very wonderful and such a great tribute to your son's life and memories. It moved me to tears and I applaud your strength and resolve in carrying on your son's memory.
It is heartbreaking that you had to lose him after only 2 short years, but it looks like you packed a lifetime of memories into his short life.
I firmly believe that our loved ones look down on us from Heaven and I am sure he is very proud of his little sister.
Sending :pixie::pixie: for your continued strength.

SurferStitch
07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Mel.

Oh my goodness, I also can't believe it's been two years. :(

I haven't been to Sam's site in a while, so I just went there again. Sam was such a sweet and adorable little boy. It's wonderful to see how much you documented everything in pictures. They, along with the videos, are such a great way to show the world how special Sam was (and still is).

Lots of :hug: and :pixie: coming your way.

Strmchsr
07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I know no words can "make it better" but my prayers are with you. I can't imagine what you have gone through. Lots of :pixie: coming your way.

gauvin4
07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Mel, I just visited your memorial site for Sam. He sure was a beautiful little boy. :pixie::pixie: Pixie dust coming your way!

scottgr
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I send my prayers out to you and your family. :pixie:

offwego
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Mel,

Right words are so hard to find..your often in my thoughts and I hope your memories will help you thorugh these difficult days. Sam was such a joy to get to know through you..thank you for sharing your son with us. You have both helped many of us be better people for sharing your lives..God Bless you.

Momof2boys
07-26-2007, 01:54 PM
We wear our gold bracelets when we visit WDW in memory of Sam.

I'm sure Sam is looking down & watching over his little sister :angel:

Jeri Lynn
07-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Mel,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sam was a special little boy who touched so many hearts here on Intercot. I too wear my gold bracelet when I go to WDW in honor of his memory.

I'm sure you will always tell baby Vivien how special her big brother was.

Take care.

ChipDale
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking of you and Sam, Mel. :pixie:

merlinmagic4
07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Two years..........I have always found it amazing that he was able to touch so many people here on Intercot. He will never, ever be forgotten. I'm sure he's right alongside Vivien. Here's :hug: and :pixie: to get you through this time.

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Mel, there aren't enough words to convey my feelings... I do hope that you feel even a percentage of the love the Icot community has for Sam (and you) and know that we are with you always in spirit. Sam indeed was very special and touched so many hearts... I hope that you find consolation and, of course, here's a bunch of:
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

disneydrmr
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
:hug: Take comfort in knowing that Sam is in heaven, walking on streets of gold, playing with other kids, and most of all, sitting in Jesus' lap. May your memories give you comfort and may knowing that many here on Intercot are here for you help you thru this painful time.

murphy1
07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Mel, I still love looking at the pictures of Sam and you at Disney, that little boy had the brightest smile and lived more life than many people so many years older. I have talked to you about my friend Dayna who's little girl Hayley was about the same age as Sam and passed away from AML almost three years ago. They have a little boy now and she catches him smiling and laughing by himself, it has to be that he's playing with his big sister, I bet Vivien will do that with Sam.

I am constantly amazed by your strength.

mrsgaribaldi
07-26-2007, 06:21 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers always for you Mel and for Sam and an extra dose for Vivien. I can't believe it's 2 years already.

DisneyDudet
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Mel, I, too, followed Sam's battle closely. I have my gold "Pixie Dust for Sam" bracelet, and think of him often.

I don't have any words that will make it better, but I do know that every time Vivien smiles, you will see Sam smile too. When her eyes light up, you will see a sparkle and Sam will be behind that sparkle.

Be happy in knowing that Vivien has a big brother watching over her all the time.

Sam is irreplaceable, and I can't imagine what it must feel like during these days. But know you have a whole family here, who loves you, Sam, and Vivien very much. We all think of you and pray for you often.

Sam will always be with you, not where you can touch him and hold him, but he can hold you.

We love you, Mel. Prayers and pixie dust continue to come to you.

Terra
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm glad that so many people got to know Sam through Icot. He even has a "Pixie dust for Sam" leave a legacy tile from our Icot family. :)

That is wonderful Mel...
where exactley in the tiles is it? I'll look at it the next time I go!!

As always...you are always in my thoughts!

SodaPopMGK
07-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Sending you :pixie::pixie: and prayers.

crazypoohbear
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Mel, my sister's and I were just talking about you the other day. You are still in our prayers and thoughts.
It's hard to believe that it's been 2 years.
I'm sure that Sam is watching over Vivien and will always keep her safe, just like a big brother should

:hug::hug:

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm soo sorry! Big hug to you!

Here we go again...
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
2 years? Wow, it seems like yesterday... I know it feels that way for you every day.

I hope you know that Sam was put here for a reason. He touched a lot of hearts for such a yound child and will always be in the thoughts of all of your friends here.

I am sure he is looking over his little sister. She will forever have a guardian Angel.

snifflesmcg
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh I am so sorry. :(. This is the first time I have read about Sam. I looked at the site you dedicated to him and he was such a beautiful little boy. It's so sad he was taken at such a early age. My thoughts are with you and your family.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Christine
07-27-2007, 01:37 AM

That is VERY cool and that is why I am a huge fan of the Leave a Legacy tiles. :thumbsup:

Mel, I have been so moved and inspired by Sam's life and your family's story and website. I know you must feel so blessed to have had him! I know Vivien will learn what an incredible big brother she has and that she will have a special angel looking after her.

Please know you are in our prayers for peace and comfort. :hug:

fielin
07-27-2007, 05:57 AM
It breaks my heart to thnik of your loss.

I'll hold you in my prayers.

Have a little pixie dust from France !

:magic::magic::magic:

Carol
07-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Sam will always hold a place in our hearts, Mel. His smile was one of a kind and touched us all immensely. :hug:

Dsnygirl
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I am so sorry, Mel... I can't imagine how hard yesterday was for you. Sending a :hug: and some :pixie::pixie: your way, as words just aren't enough. God bless you as you raise Vivien, and as you keep Sam's memory close. She will know someday that she has a truly special big brother, and I am sure he is watching over her very carefully! :angel:

Piglet822
07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
:hug:

Know you are always in my thoughts and prayers, Mel.

scootch713
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Saying a prayer for you and feeling your pain. We just lost our 21 year old niece, who was like a daughter to me. I feel blessed we had her for 21 years. May you feel Sam's love from heaven above.

MsMin
07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Sending :hug: :pixie: and prayers. I know birthdays and anniversaries are so so hard. :(

MauiMouse
07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Mel :hug: you're in my thoughts and prayers.

PirateLover
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
:pixie: :hug: and prayers. Sam has touched an innumerable amount of lives. Even though his own life was much too short, it seems as though he really did have a purpose and his legacy will live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew him (whether in person or simply through Intercot) forever. God Bless.