PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Rehab

PeterPanFan
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I recently found out there is rehab going on at the grand f. Does anyone know how extensive this is. We are staying there with the dreams of a beautiful stay and have actually upgraded to a magic kingdom view. Are we going to be looking at construction equipment?

SBETigg
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
We're staying there in August. It seems we have a knack for choosing the one under rehab. Last time, we chose Polynesian and sure enough, there was a rehab going on. But we wouldn't have even known it if not for reading it here first. I hope the GF experience is the same- where our building is quiet and we don't even know there's a rehab going on. But I have no idea. If it is a room rehab, then you probably won't even know it because they don't need outdoor construction equipment and they tend not to put guests right near the rehabbing. I haven't seen any trip reports of anyone having trouble there lately, so fingers crossed!

sashiroo
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I know 1900 is closed for a refurb. They moved the character dining to the cafe for the time being. I haven't heard what else is going on though.

pox24
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
We were there last Sat for shopping and swimming and didn't notice anything going on. So I would say don't worry and jusy enjoy this fine hotel.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I believe it's just room rehabs (furniture, bedding, TV's, etc.). You probably won't notice much at all, if anything.

We went to the GF a couple times during the big overhaul rehabs, and they did a great job of minimizing the impact.

TammiMcMan
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
As mentioned, the rehab is for the rooms. You may notice furniture coming and going out of a building and if you're within a building that's being worked on, you may hear some noise during the day. Considering you have the theme park view booked, I would call and ask them to put a request of either Sago Cay or Conch Key on your reservation. I believe that Sago Cay is complete and Conch Key was started earlier this month. They have the best views of the castle, which I'm guessing is what you're hoping for based on upgrading.

1900 Park Fare is temporarily relocated to the GF Cafe. To replace the breakfast and lunch usually offered in the Cafe, Citricos is now open during that time.

apzaz
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM
We just booked the G.F. for our Nov. trip. It is always the joke when we book that we hope one of the Monorail resorts that we stay is under rehab. On one trip to the G.F. during a past rehab they offered us a room where the outside, with a courtyard view, was under going repairs. The price, 1/2 off, our expected rate. We jumped at it and never saw or heard a construction worker. Of course, we are gone from the room all day long for the most part. They do a great job to minimize the impact. We ALWAYS hope for our luck to return upon check-in.