PDA

View Full Version : Rhyme or Reason to AP Discounts???

Disney_Barbie
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I have Debbie from MJ taking care of it for me, but still, I'm anxious about AP Rates. Trip isn't until January, so I know it'll be a while before AP rates are ACTUALLY released, but is there anyway to know when (if at all) they will be released? Or what they generally are (I checked the boards for last years rates, they were released the Nov before, is that typical?)
Also, I saw in one post that once you have an activated AP (which I don't at this very moment, but will have in less than a month) then they can give you quotes on the DIsney website with the AP rate factor in??? I have never heard of this before, is it true??? Or did they mean they can quote you once the AP rates are already relased (IE- are they saying the Disney site could quote right now for say an Aug trip w/ the AP rate, because the AP rate is already released for Aug) Once I have an activated AP they couldn't give me a quote for January, right???
I know it does'nt really matter, because Debbie will take care of us. But still, I like to think and day dream about it, and am wondering what resort I ought to be day dreaming about, or will I have to wait until Nov to start day dreaming?

gauvin4
07-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Try this link. It is the link to Historical Discounts offered in the past.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp

KylesMom
07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
then they can give you quotes on the DIsney website with the AP rate factor in??? I have never heard of this before, is it true??? Or did they mean they can quote you once the AP rates are already relased (IE- are they saying the Disney site could quote right now for say an Aug trip w/ the AP rate, because the AP rate is already released for Aug) Once I have an activated AP they couldn't give me a quote for January, right???

No, if you had an active pass right now, you could not get a quote from the website until the A/P rates are released for January publicly. I still would not use the website to book a trip, however. I'd use MJ, with the website as a secondary way to check trip information (not ressies, but what's going on & available to passholders).

A suggestion: If you have your voucher in hand, you can send an e-mail to Disney, asking for access the A/P site now. You'll need to provide the voucher number and the name it is under. It may take a week or two, but then you can browse the site when you want. :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
You should be able to use your voucher to access the site regardless. Might take a little figuring with the numbers on the back of the pass to get the right ones, but it works...