PDA

View Full Version : Night vision goggles in AKV?

Roo Girl
07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Call me crazy, but I remember hearing during our tour of the AKV models that they would offer night vision for viewing the animals- maybe this might not be available until the actual DVC building construction is done- has anyone else heard this or can confirm if it is in place?

How cool would that be?? :waycool:

Becky'sMom
07-26-2007, 10:54 AM
We were on the tour last week and heard no mention of night vision goggles.
I can't see how they would offer night vision goggles if they bring the animals in at night....
Lauren

wendy*darling
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Actually they do have them - and have had them available I believe since the resort opened. And you do not even have to be a guest of the resort to use them.

If you go out tot the animal viewing terrace (out the back door of the lobby)- the cast members there will have night vision goggles available and will aid you in finding the animals.
They are there in the evening, shortly after nightfall. You will not find CMs there at 2am!

I have also heard, but cannot confirm, that some of the public viewing areas (alcoves) within the resort may also have night vision goggles available. I can't remember if you get them at the front desk, or if CMs are available at various times to provide them.

Also, not all of the animals leave the savanna at night. Many of them sleep on the savanna. So it might be possible to see animals late at night.

Horizon93
07-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Tat sounds so :cool:! I will definitely have to try that on out first trip home.