PDA

View Full Version : Street performers at MGM

Volksjager
07-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Last January I had a blast watching these 2 street performers who came out as repairman and did a skit about mathematics...

"We don't call it 'divided by' anymore, the new name is now 'Goes-in-ta'!"

Instead of 9 divided by 3 it is now 3 'goes-in-ta' 9

Anyway these guys are hilarious :D

Do they have a name?
Is there a schedule for when they will be out and about?

disneymom15
07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
My favorite performer is Rosy. She wears bright red lipstick on her lips and on her teeth. She's so funny.

gwfx1031
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
We caught one last October that was a talent show that was great. The kids keeps quoting the one lady with "bomm-chika-boom-chika-boom."

GrumpyFan
07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
We caught one last year that was a Dating Game, with three "actor" guys, an "actor" hostess, and a lady picked from the crowd as the date. They were hilarious!

I believe there are numerous performers and they have a variety of skits they perform. Plus, they tend to mingle with the guests and ham it up. I got one of them to pose for me once and got some really good, candid poses. It's lots of fun messing with them.

Another fun one is the "officer" (think Jerry Lewis type) that roams the entrance area. My wife tried "reporting me" to him. He was quite sharp. He came back with a reply along the lines of "Lady, if you can't control him, what makes you think I can help". It was just too fun.

dog-ears
07-26-2007, 01:30 PM
We saw two performers one time in a jewelry store on (I think) Hollywood Blvd - upscale 40's clothing, a man and a woman arguing about why he wouldn't buy her a diamond ring for Christmas (it was Nov) - it was great - they managed to engage everyone in the vicinity in their conversation.

We've also seen the guys who are the street/sewer repairmen in their crazy truck.

I'm not sure that any of the street performers even have a regular schedule ?

TheDuckRocks
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
One of my favorite Disney moments was "drag-racing" Rosie up Commissary Lane, her in her truck thing and me on my EVC.
I just checked Steve Soares website and there was no offical times listed for the street characters.

Figment!
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure that any of the street performers even have a regular schedule ?They do not have a published schedule, hence why they are grouped with other non-published entertainment in the Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

All entertainment that appears in the Time & Events Guide (ie has a published schedule) is listed in the Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/entertainment.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

GhostHost999
07-31-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure if this is still valid, but when I was a kid, the street performers in MGM were collectively known as Streetmosphere.

markb
07-31-2007, 02:57 AM
The "Goes-in-ta'" guys are called something like The Hollywood Public Works Dept. They're fantastic. We watched two of their sets in April. They do a brilliant job of measuring the street or placing some traffic cones ready for work :number1: I'd love to get the "Goes-in-ta'" set on video, it's soooo funny! I have a few photos we took to remind me though.

ImagiAsh
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Love the street performers! I've seen so many, but my favorite pair has to be the lost tourists. A man and a woman walk around the park as obnoxious tourists with oversized maps and accessories. I was approached by one of them asking directions to something she was standing right in front of. When I pointed it out, her and her "husband" got into a huge fight about how Disney is "supposed to be the happiest place on earth" but the husband, not even bothering to ask for directions, got them both lost and miserable. :laughing:

poeticeclipse
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25224801&hl=en

That's the link to a video that I made from my honeymoon when we were chosen to be Family of the Day at MGM. You see a total of 4 Streetmosphere characters in their prime!!!