PDA

View Full Version : "Mickey Mail" - Paying it Forward

Pages : [1] 2

disneyfan328
07-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I hope that this post is not in violation of anything. If it is my apologies in advance and please remove:blush:

Ok so here goes. My family is going to WDW September 22-30th. I have someone that is going a few weeks before us and offered to send my 3 kids a post card while there. Now since I can't do this for her, I thought that I would offer to do this for other families on intercot since intercot has been so helpful to me. If there is already something like this on intercot, please move my post there.

I am willing to send out some post cards while we are in Disney to other families that are going after us. PM me with your info so that it is not posted on the thread - kids names, fav character, address ect and if you want it to say anything special. I am willing to do 5 to start with and see what kind of response that I get. If others are willing to do this, and the thread stays put, just post below with the dates that you are going and how many you are willing to send. Lets spread the pixie dust around !!!! :tink:
:pixie: :magic::pixie:

I know I am a little past it, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to how many posts I had. I wanted to do this for my 100th. Whoo hooo to me for making 100 posts!!!

BelleBeauty
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I love this idea! We're not going anytime soon, but I would love if this became a permanent feature! :mickey:

gauvin4
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Disneyfan328 this is a fantastic idea!!:mickey: My kids are older now, but they would have been over the moon to receive a post card before their trip.

disneyfan328
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the positive response. I too thought this was a great idea!! As far as making it permanent I guess if we get enough positive responses, someone could make it a sticky in whatever forum this should be in and we could keep it going. I love the idea of making a little magic happen for others, and how much time/money does it take to send out a quick postcard???? It is just a small way for me to give back to others and I hope that I inspire others to do the same. If everyone just did one small thing for lets say 5 people and those 5 people did the same ect ect, I am sure you get the idea. It has been presented before. I see how wonderful and helpful the people on intercot are with everything so I knew that this would be a great place to get it started.

We are also buying extra glow bracelets and light up sticks before we go to pass out at the parades which is andother great idea I got from Intercot. :rocks: If anyone has any other ideas, post them here too. I am sure that there are tons of things we could come up with.

crazeedizneefinatic
07-26-2007, 12:16 PM
What a great idea! When I read this I almost sent my info but realized your dates are the same as ours. We are going from the 21st to the 30th. I hope this sticks, I would also be willing to help out.:mickey:

TikiGoddess
07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I would also like to offer my services... I will be down at WDW for the Intercot weekend (10/12 - 10/15) and would be glad to send postcards to someone!

PM me or post on this thread!
TikiG

Minniemouse27
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
This is something that is routinely done on other WDW boards.

Dd got a postcard from Minnie Mouse last week for her bday!

disneyfan328
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear that this is being done by others - Hopefully it will get a good response on these boards.

I also like the idea of it being done for Birthdays - Both of my youngest have bd's at Christmas so may I ask if anyone is going first week of December (or last week in November ) to send Birthday wishes via postcards to my two?

Thanks much!!!

magicofdisney
07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I did this for my kids last year. I happened to be at Disney a couple of months before our family vacation. I picked up some postcards and brought them home, without the kids seeing them. I had my husband take them to his job and have friends fill them out. They weren't postmarked from Orlando, but my kids didn't notice that. Anyway, I offered up the leftover postcards such as you are doing and NO ONE responded. Glad to see you're getting a better response than I did. I think this is a great idea and I've seen it on other boards as well. :mickey:

krose78
07-26-2007, 03:51 PM
I would love one sent to my kids and am going during Christmas if anyone would like one sent for Christmas.

December 19th-26th

princessjojo
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I think it sounds great. We're taking my DSis, BIL and both kids with us next spring. It's been a long time since sis went, and neice just got back from a whirl wind trip. Nephew's never been before and I think it would be great, especially for him. I think I would love doing it for others as well.

I get warm fuzzies thinking about it.

shan-ash
07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Fantastic :thumbsup: idea!!!

crazeedizneefinatic
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I would love for someone to send my son a birthday postcard from Disney. His birthday is August 31st. Anytime that week would be great. Please PM me if you would be interested in sending him one the week of the 31st. Thanks!

diznedreamin
07-26-2007, 07:52 PM
What a great idea! It's that little extra something special to help kick off your vacation the right way! I will be there Dec. 1 till the 8th! If anyone would like a postcard please PM me with the information. I would love to help put a smile on a child's face! My DS's b'day is the week after we get back, so I'll be sending a card back home to him as soon as we land.:secret:

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
What a wonderful idea! We havent booked quite yet but I would love it if someone could do this for me.

mouseketeer mom
07-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Count me in? How can I help make someones day? We are there in November, the 16th thru the 24th, so PM me if I can pay it forward to someone who will be there after us! Terrific idea!

Here we go again...
07-27-2007, 12:31 AM
What a great idea!!

Hy DH's birthday is August 11th. Is anyone going before that date that would be willing to send him a card from Minnie?

auntfrannie
07-27-2007, 06:06 AM
What a great idea!!

Hy DH's birthday is August 11th. Is anyone going before that date that would be willing to send him a card from Minnie?

I just sent you a PM....I'll be in disney for that week and would be glad to send a postcard to him.

Momof2boys
07-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I just sent a PM asking to send a "See you Real Soon" postcard to my boys and wanted to throw my dates out there if someone wants me to do the same for them. We'll be in WDW from 10/19 - 10/29. Just shoot me a PM

T-Belle
07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
What a great idea!!! Count me in. Just send me a PM and I'll be happy to join in. We'll be there September 10-15.

disneyfan328
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I love spreading the pixie dust around!!!!
I have thought about this and have decided that we could do this for lots of occasions. Doesn't have to just be bdays or trips to Disney -

What about get well wishes (someone you know is having surgery or to welcome a new addition ), bdays, anniversarys, purchasing new homes, who wouldn't want to get something from Disney for any old occasion??? I know I would.

First day of school or big event for teens, good luck on the drivers test - Whatver the occasion. I still have openings so if you can think if ANY reason for me to send a PC to someone ( friend, relative, whatever ) just pm me and we'll get all the details.

For instance. I know of a friend that is due to have her baby sometime in October so I am sending a little card to her as well from Mickey and the gang to welcome her little one - the baby may or may not be here when the postcard arrives, but it won't matter.

This is too much fun. I only wish I could get to Disney more often to send these out!!!

As an after thought - even once I get back from Disney I am willing to send out get well cards, bday cards or wahtever to people that you may know of that could use a little cheering up. It may not have a Disney postmark on it but I could still do post cards to anyone in need and sign it from whomever!!!:mickey:

pixidust1976
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Other boards call these Fairy Godmailers.

People make requests for Fairy Godmailers to be sent to their kids or volunteer to send Fairy Godmailers to the first five responses.

I have been just a bit too late for all the Fairy Godmailer Volunteers going in mid-August to try to get two post cards sent to my kids before our September 4th trip.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
This might be a dumb question . . .if I offer to do Fairy Godmailers for someone whose favorite character is Mickey, should I get the postcard and have Mickey himself sign it? What if the recipient checks their autograph book and notices it's a forgery?!?!

disneyfan328
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't think you need to go that far with it - getting autographs in the park can be very time consuming. I can tell you that my oldest DD just went through our autograph books from our trip when she was 7 ( she is 17 almost 18 now ) and saw that even though we saw Mickey at least 3 different times ( chip and dale too ) that all of the signatures were a little different.

I am hoping that the kids will be too excited to pick up on it. If they do I am sure that the parents can think of something to tell them.

I can tell mine that maybe Minnie had to sign it for Mickey like mommy always has to sign daddy's names to the Christmas cards or something like that. again hopefully we won't have to go there.

Also so as not to be in trouble with other boards I am going with "Mickey Mailers" for the title on this thread. Thanks to moderator Jeff for making that change for me.

buzznwoodysmom
07-27-2007, 05:31 PM
We are going to be in Disney Nov. 16th - 24th for Thanksgiving and I would love to send out postcards to anyone needing them around that time. I'll do like others have stated and send out to the first 5 requests I get. Also if anyone is going before our trip, say sometime in Oct. I'd love for my boys to get a "See you real soon" postcard. This is a great idea. I just love it!!!

tinksmom02
07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
This is a great idea! I'll be in Disney 9/22-9/28 as well...I'd be willing to mail some postcards too!

Caroleh
07-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Okay, I have a question...What do we write on these postcards? Just see you soon or whatever the occasion is? Do the postcards need to be signed?

Count me in. I'll be at WDW Dec 1-7. PM me and I'll do the first 5 responses.

BelleBeauty
07-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I love this idea! We aren't going soon, but I can't wait to be a part of Mickey Mailers when we do book a trip.

Now is there any way to make this official with Intercot? I feel like we should have some sort of sheet with the dates of who is offering to send and 5 openings for postcards, etc. Something to make it easier to see if someone can send you a postcard, and something to make it easier for those requesting to put the address, occasion, character, etc.?

Mods is that possible? I'd be willing to volunteer to help if that was necessary!

showmethemouse
07-28-2007, 12:25 PM
This is great idea! we are going in aug . 8/22 to 8/28 if anyone would like me to send them a post card I would be glad to do it . I'm going to do it for a friend who can't go this year.
:thumbsup::mickey:

divinedi
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
All three of my children, girls, are going off to University/College this September, and we're taking a trip to Disney when they are done next April/May, would anyone going very shortly be interested in sending them good luck/see you next year cards? They love Disney and would love to get them! Thanks:number1:.

snowflakegirl
07-30-2007, 12:35 AM
What a wonderful idea! We had to cancel our trip for this year, so we won't be going until next August, but I'll definitely extend the offer to take part in a Mickey Mailing then. :mickey: Can't wait to get to share a little magic!

snifflesmcg
07-30-2007, 12:43 AM
How sweet of you to think of this. I don't have kids and I'll be there in September so no postcards are needed here but I just wanted to tell you that, this is a fantastic idea. There should be more people like you on the planet.

PNWmom
07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Count me in. We are going 10/29-11/04 I would love for our DS and DD to get cards before we go. I will return the favor then for two others when we are there. PM me if you can send cards or want me to send to you.

Thanks,

Jenemmy
07-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I have sent postcards to various kiddos (some I know, some I don't) my last 3 or 4 trips to WDW. It is SO much fun to do. I assume the personality of a favorite character and tell them either that I can't wait to see them (if they are about to have a vacation) or that I miss them (if the vacation has passed). I know one little boy who slept with the postcard that Buzz Lightyear sent him! It would be GREAT to get a regular sign up type thing going for INtercot members!!

I'm not going until January -- but would be happy to help anyone out.

Disneymom4ever
07-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I will be there from Aug. 19-24th, so if anyone would like to receive post cards around that time, just pm me. I'll send the first 5 responses I get. Let me know if you'd like anything special on the card. What a great idea! :mickey:

little disney lovers
07-31-2007, 06:07 AM
We're not going until April / May next year but I would love to spread the magic, And my kids would just love to recieve a postcard! We always send postcards to school and kindy from Mickey and the kids get so excited!
We live in Australia, please PM me if anyone is willing to send internationally!
Great Idea!:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
07-31-2007, 08:11 AM
What a wonderful idea! We're not going until March but I would love to do this!

Honeybee3344
08-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm going August 17-21 (yay!!) and would be glad to send postcards out for people. PM me and let me know!

:nemo:

What a great idea!

Bethanymouse
08-04-2007, 12:18 AM
I am definitely on board for this as well! So great for the kids! We are going August 20-31 so I will send out postcards if anyone wants me too. Just pm me and I will send them out to the first 5 responses! How magical!:cloud9:

Here we go again...
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
We received the postcard for my DH's birthday today.

I went to my private messages to thank the person who sent it and I must have deleted the message!

So, to the person that sent my DH the Minnie Sticker/Postcard, :thanks:

mickeyfan2001
08-08-2007, 04:43 AM
I think this is a really great idea. I'm not going until 09 so can't send any soon but would really love to join in. I would also love it if anyone could send one to my liitle boy. He will be starting 1st grade in a few weeks at a new school and I think this would help ease his fears and help get him excited...If anyone could do this for me please PM me..Thanks

Kelli

showmethemouse
08-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I am leaveing in 14 days to disney if anyone would like me to send a post card to them pm me i leave aug 22nd:mickey::mickey::mickey:

auntfrannie
08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
We received the postcard for my DH's birthday today.

I went to my private messages to thank the person who sent it and I must have deleted the message!

So, to the person that sent my DH the Minnie Sticker/Postcard, :thanks:

Hi Angel! That was me! I'm so glad he got it because the one I sent my cat never made it home!

Cinderelley
08-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm leaving in 11 days. If you want a postcard sent, PM me with names, addresses and the occasion. :mickey:

showmethemouse
08-21-2007, 08:16 AM
I leave in 29 hours if anyone would like me to sent a postcard to them. pm me :mickey3::minnie::stitch::donald::goofy:

disneyfan328
08-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I still have openings as well. If anyone needs a card sent please pm me your info soon. I will do them for upcoming trips, do good in school wishes, happy halloween, happy birthday - you think of the occasion. Actually it doesn't have to be an occaision at all. If you know someone that would light up at a post card from a disney pal thats all it takes. Send me the info and I'll do my best!!!

Dopey's Girl
08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I do this on another board and I really love it! If we start this here at Intercot, I will have no reason to go to that other place (I'm glad, people aren't always nice there!).

I'm leaving on September 22nd...I would be happy to send cards to the first 5 who PM me!

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Angel! That was me! I'm so glad he got it because the one I sent my cat never made it home!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
You should have seen the smile on his face. :D

disneyfan328
08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I do this on another board and I really love it! If we start this here at Intercot, I will have no reason to go to that other place (I'm glad, people aren't always nice there!).

I'm leaving on September 22nd...I would be happy to send cards to the first 5 who PM me!

Ditto !!! I have been there too (at least I think we are talking about the same place) and you are right not always nice!

another pp said that they do it elsewhere too, but I just wanted to do something for someone since someone was doing it for me. I am glad that it has taken off and hope that it keeps up.

Again I still have openings and am leaving 9/22 - 9/30 Please PM by the 20th as I don't know how much computer time I will have after that!!!

Thanks to everyone that has joined in on this - It feels great to spread the pixie dust around!!:pixie::pixie::pixie::magic::magic::magic:

tinksmom02
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I can still send some postcards, too...we'll be there 9/22 to 9/28, just PM!

d_m_n_n
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I would love to do as well! I have sent postcards (just from home) to families while they are gone to welcome them back...the little ones LOVE IT!!!

If anyone is interested, we will be travelling December 9-15. :mickey:

AuroraBeauty
09-01-2007, 07:09 PM
We will be at WDW next week and would like to pay it forward in celebration of the Mickey Mailer who sent DD4 her post card (which she carries with her EVERYWHERE and tells EVERYONE that she got a card from Princess Aurora).

If you are interested, please PM me with your child's name, favorite character, address and any other specifics that are necessary.

I will send to the first 5 who PM me before September 5th.

Any Qs? Let me know.

mook3y
09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Disneyfan,

What a great idea this is, thanks for pointing it out to me.

I am looking for the opposite to be done. Maybe you have seen my other post, but Disneyfan suggested I respond to this thread, so I am.

I have a very good friend that I have been planning a surprise vacation for.

His body is shutting down on him due to all the health problems and diseases that he has lived his whole life with. I have received donations from his and my friends and family and complete strangers. It is getting really close to his trip (He still doesn't know!).

He arrives on September 21st. We will be telling him this coming Friday. hehe, his parents are having him over for dinner and many people will be there, when I call and tell him that he will be going to Disneyworld in 2 weeks!

Anyways, here is what I am trying to accomplish. I would like people from anywhere/everywhere to send him a post card or a note, letter, whatever, wishing him to have a great vacation at Disneyworld.

I really think people that he does not even know wishing him well, will help to make this a spectacularly magical vacation.

He has never been to WDW before and really wants to go.

If you PM me, I will respond with his information to send him a card and a link with more information on what I have been doing for him.

Thank you very much!

All of your :pixie: will be greatly appreciated!

cal5755
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I will be in Disney 9/14 - 9/21 if anyone needs one mailed let me know!!

Mickey'sGirl
09-11-2007, 10:19 AM
We are heading down in 25 Days (from Oct 6-14). I would love to brighten some one's day! showmethemouse sure brightened up my boys' day with a card!! :mickey:

trudisneygal
09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
We're going Dec. 6th -14th, so pm me and we'll be very happy to send some along! I love this idea! A little Disney magic goes a long way!

Dopey's Girl
09-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I still have space if anyone needs cards!!

mjaclyn
09-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Is anyone in WDW now? My cousin is coming with us to WDW for the first time and it would be so magical for her to get a 'See You Real Soon' postcard from Mickey Mouse! If anyone is in WDW now and can send out a postcard tomorrow or Saturday please let me know! (They leave on Wednesday morning of next week) I wish I had seen this thread sooner!

DisneyOtaku
09-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I love this idea and I am all on board with it. I will be in WDW December 18-21, so if you would like to request a post card, I'll take the first five to PM me their request :mickey:

martinfamily5
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
I love this idea. We will be at Disney from Oct. 20 until Oct. 27. If anyone would like me to send post cards, I will take the first 5 to PM me. I would love to participate in this.

pink967
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The pay it forward is a wonderful idea. Please help. My Darling Aunt just turned 54, she will not be with us much longer. If ANYONE can send her a post card, card, anything from anywhere I would be greatfull. Just alittle something for her to get in the mail each day to brighten it up. It dont have to be just from WDW but anywhere in the world so she know's people are praying and wishing her the best. Please pm me, or if anyone would not mind I can post her name and address on here if that would be ok. Thank you all.

martinfamily5
09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
My kids just got their post card from Mickey Mouse (Dopeys Girl) yesterday. They thought that it was way cool.:thumbsup:

Thank you so much Dopeys Girl. It was great.

No one has PMed me, but I would be thrilled to send post cards to the first 5 from Disney. We will be in "The World" from Oct. 20-Oct. 27. Just let me know.

WDWFanatic
09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
We will be in WDW Nov. 9-17 if anyone needs a card!

nicole48040
09-29-2007, 04:36 PM
My family and I are going Nov. 15th-22nd and if I would love to return the favor to someone willing to do it for us as well. PM me, if interested. I have two kids.

WyckedDisneyFan
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I will be there from oct 10 to the 14th if anyone needs a postcard pm mewhat you need. I love this idea as I remember that I loved getting mail when I was a kid and even now! This is a great idea and would love to send out some cards.

PNWmom
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
For those who have mailed out cards from WDW, where did you find the mailboxes? Did you mail the cards in the park, at your resort or in DTD?

disneyfan328
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
WE just got back on Sunday:( (late) and we found a mail box at the resort gift shop at POR. That is where I mailed all of the ones that I sent so look for them in the next couple of days!!!

Also, to add a note to this thread.....

I had a VERY hard time finding character specific cards other than the norm - Mickey/ Minnie - the whole gang or Princesses - these were easy to find.

Unless someone knows of where to get these at home before we go ( ie... I was looking for a stitch postcard, mike and sulley, toy story /buzz or cars ) and didn't see them anywhere - or was I just looking in the wrong places??????

PNWmom
10-03-2007, 07:39 PM
A great big thank you to disneyfan328, my kids got their cards today! My daughter asked "Mom, did you arrange this?" I'll never tell.:secret:

They were postmarked on the 1st so that only took 2 days to make it clear across country to Washington!
Thanks again,

disneyfan328
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
That's great!! I am so glad that they got them. As posted above, I did try to find a better selection of post cards, but other than Mickey and the gang and princesses or park specific things, there really is not anything with any other characters on them :(. I am glad they they enjoyed them and hope that it brightened there day. For anyone else that I was sending to - they were all sent at the same time, so I am in hopes that you got them.

I have a request. If there is anyone that is going soon that plans a trip to the animal Kingdom I never got any postcards from there, and really wanted one (or two hehe) of Expedition everest and finding nemo? Not sure if they even have that one but I am pretty sure that they probably have them in the gift shop at the end of the ride for Everest. If anyone would be willing to snag me one and send it I would greatly apprecaite it. You don't even have to write on it or just Greetings from the Yeti or Nemo or something. It was an awesome ride and show and I wanted a good post card of it for our scrapbook. that que area is amazing for EE

Vintage Disney
10-05-2007, 08:45 PM
We will be in WDW [B]Oct 27 - Nov 4[B]. I will send cards to the first 5 people who send a PM. I love this idea:mickey:

Here we go again...
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
We are heading to Disney World next week, Oct 11th through the 14th.
If you would like a postcard send me a PM. :mickey:

disneydrmr
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I will be in Disneyland from Nov. 1 thru the 4th and am willing to send out 5 postcards for whatever reason someone would want one... pm me if interested! If someone is going to WDW soon I would LOVE it if you could help me out by sending my best friend a post card from "The Fairy Godmother" thanking her for being such a wonderful friend by treating me to a long weekend at Disneyland for my birthday... again.. pm me please! (the card would obviously have to arrive at her house (kansas) by Nov. 1)

BMan62
10-09-2007, 01:06 PM
We will be in the world from Nov. 28 thru Dec. 5. I would be willing to send 5 postcards out for the quickest to contact me.

This should be fun!

martinfamily5
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
No one has PMed me, but I would love to do this for someone. Just a reminder, we leave on Oct. 19 and I would be happy to send postcards to the first 5 who pm me.

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 11:51 AM
We leave on the 19th and have my list of lucky kids all ready in my folder to send cards to. I hope they are as excited to get them as I am excited to send them :mickey::mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
We will be in WDW the 15th thru 24th of November. We have names and address of 2 little boys to send Mickey Mail to and we would love to send more! My kids are so excited to do this. Would anyone else like any postcards sent during this time? Let us know!

Iluvpooh
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
We will be there in 2 weeks. October-26th-Nov. 3rd. If anyone is interested. Just PM me. Such a cute idea.

Also if anyone is there this week or next, please pm me and let me know if you would send my DD4 one. Thanks

buzznwoodysmom
10-17-2007, 11:23 PM
I'll be there from Nov. 16th - 25th and still haven't had anyone ask me to send a postcard. I'll still take the first 5 who PM me.

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Cheryl, thank you so much for sending a postcard to my girls -- they just loved it, and it was the perfect idea. Thanks again for doing that for us!! :thanks: :thanks:

I will be there from oct 10 to the 14th if anyone needs a postcard pm mewhat you need. I love this idea as I remember that I loved getting mail when I was a kid and even now! This is a great idea and would love to send out some cards.

mouseketeer mom
10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
My 3 kids got their postcards today!!!! I want to thank my dear intercottee that did it for them! I had cleaned out my PM mailbox after it got too full, and sadly, and embarrassingly so, I don't know which terrific member of our boards agreed to send my kids their cards! They loved them. They were specific to what my kids liked, and Katie loved the reference to Jack Sparrow, and Khloe loved the reference to Nemo! Thank you Thank you my intercot friend!! It made their day! And mine too!

buzznwoodysmom
10-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Thank you Amanda (Momof2boys)!!! My boys received their postcards over the weekend and were so excited. I don't know who was more excited me or them! LOL. I loved what you wrote, very true to the characters you were portraying. I hope you and your family had a wonderful vacation!

I still have availability to send out postcards to the first five who PM me. We will be going Nov. 16- Nov. 24 and would love to send some WDW magic to others while we are there.

Momof2boys
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm so glad that Denise's boys & mouseketeer mom's kids enjoyed their cards. It was just as fun writing them !

Our postcards came while we were gone, but the boys checked the date stamp and saw that they were sent before we left so they knew mom & dad didn't send them while we were down there. Thanks much !

This is such a great idea !

krose78
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Will be there over Christmas Dec 19th - 27th if anyone would like some Christmas greetings from a character.

Just PM me with the info.

Taja
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll be glad send up to 10 postcards in the US and 3 international. First PM'd, first served! *LOL*

Please PM me with the information by 12/01/07. I'll do my best to find appropriate characters, but please provide alternate choices--just in case! The cards probably won't be mailed until late in our visit. Our plans for the first 6 days are a wee bit hectic!

We're already on a quest for an Ariel card for a friend's granddaughters! :thumbsup:

BRJARE3
11-08-2007, 03:01 PM
I would love to be able to do this for 5 kids. I will be there from Nov. 25th through Dec. 2nd. Please PM me your information and I will send out the postcards. I know my three children would love to get one. Thanks.

disneydrmr
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank you to the wonderful person who helped me out on sending a post card from Cinderella to my best friend that treated me to Disneyland for my birthday. I'm so embarrassed :blush: that I also can't remember which Intercottee helped me out. (so Mouseketeermom - don't feel too bad - it happens to the best of us!) My friend was dying to know how I arranged it. She kept saying "it was postmarked from Orlando... who do you know in Orlando." I refused to tell her... she bugged me quite often during the whole trip trying to get me to tell her...so thanks again! :thanks::rocks:

emfleck
11-09-2007, 09:26 AM
What a wonderful idea. I will be there December 8-15 and would gladly send out some postcards (say between 5-10). Just pm your information (character, anything specific you want on the card, etc.). I will try to send those out within the first couple days of my visit. It will be fun to make a child's day!

jpH/keD
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
:mickey: Hi all! We leave Friday! Anyone want a postcard?? I'll take the first pm'ers! I will try to mail them all the first night we are there Nov 16th so you can get them before Thanksgiving! let me know! :thumbsup:~Jenny

ldn324
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm leaving Monday morning 11/26 and would be happy to send postcards. First three to PM my by Sunday morning (11/25) so I have time to finish packing ;)

Kids or adults or combination....we're all kids at heart when it comes to WDW :mickey:

dundeehunter
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
I will be in the World from Dec 5-11...and more than willing to send some Christmas cheer to anyone needing some lifts from Disney. I'm going to MVMCP so I'm thinking that I should see a lot of character. PM me if you would like some postcards sent.

Honeybee3344
12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi ~ I did this back in August when I went to Disney, and I thought it was great. I'm going back January 10-14, and would love to send out some more. If you would like me to, just send me a PM. :mickey:

DisneyOtaku
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey guys! I'll be in the World next week and I am still taking requests for postcards! Please PM me if you want some--I'll take the first five requests ^_^

ZaneZoyaMomma
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Is anybody going down this week? My DS5 and DD3 would love to get a Postcard... we will be heading down in January so I can send some from there then.

But if anybody is going this week...pls PM me!

Thanks

ZaneZoyaMomma
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
ignore my signature... that needs to be updated:blush:

Going in January 2008!!

Not2Loud
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I am going to be in FL tomorrow on business. I am going to spend a few hours at WDW. I would be glad to get some postcards to send out before I fly home tomorrow evening.

IM me and I will make sure to get them out tomorrow!

biodtl
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks, emfleck! My kids were thrilled!

We're set to go Oct 08, so I'll do the same...

emfleck
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks, emfleck! My kids were thrilled!

We're set to go Oct 08, so I'll do the same...

Any time. It was fun trying to pick out the perfect postcard. I don't have any children of my own but my two neices are disney crazy. They would love to get a postcard from the world. I'll try to remember to pm you in September with the info.

Nurse Kim
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
This is an awesome idea. We are going in March and I would love to get my kids postcards sent before our trip. WE will do the same on our trip.

peaceful19
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I will be at Disney World on January 28th. IM me and I will be happy to send postcards for the first five IMs received. This is a MK trip, we are staying at Pop Century, having dinner at the Contemporary, and will be going to DTD the next day. Name your poison!

biodtl
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
They would love to get a postcard from the world. I'll try to remember to pm you in September with the info.

Please do. I have terrible "momnesia", so a reminder would help!

Not2Loud
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I will be back on Jan 25/26th if anyone needs a few sent!

jenfriend
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm willing to do this for a few kids (big or small). I'd like you to send one to my family when you go, so we can keep the magic alive even after we're back. Please PM me with your favorite character(s) and the name & address.

tinkerbell98
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I will be bringing my family to WDW for the first time in late May 2008 and it would be sooo special if someone could do this for them and then we will return the favor when we go in May. Someone will have to let me know how to PM my information. I am new to Intercot and am not too savvy to it yet

peaceful19
01-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I will be bringing my family to WDW for the first time in late May 2008 and it would be sooo special if someone could do this for them and then we will return the favor when we go in May. Someone will have to let me know how to PM my information. I am new to Intercot and am not too savvy to it yet

I will be there in a week. Give me some ideas of what you would like me to find, and I would be so happy to help out. At the time of the page is a place that says Private Messages. Start there I think.

Addendum: Clink on my name above and you will be led to PM.
Bonnie

KineGirl
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Just wanted to bump this as Ive not had any responses!

I may be a bit hasty in posting this since we are not going until late July but I would love to spread the pixie dust for someone! After our first trip my Mom (the original Disney Kid in our family) did this with my daughter and she LOVED it! She got them for good grades, reminding her to be a good kid, the upcoming trip, etc.. only we did it from VA. A neat tip we did... when you go to WDW, mail a bunch home BLANK (addressed to the kids), and then when you get home, quick! put them away for when you need them - to be filled in with whatever mssg u need! When the kids get them the dates will be off but will be postmarked by Disney. If your kids are like mine was - theyll never notice. This year my DD is 17 and we're taking her BFF (whos a newbie!) .. I know they would both love to get one as its been several years since we've done this for our now not -so- little - but- still -HUGE- MICKEY- LOVER- DD! :mickey:
PM me with kids names, address and fav character along with anything special you might like the post card to say!

Loretta

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I am going on Feb8-15 and Sept. 21-26th any postcards you want while I'm there PM me. :mickey:

I would love if someone doesn't mind a see ya soon PC since we are leaving on the 7th. :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
01-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Is anyone going in May? My friend is getting married May 10 (Disney themed of course). It would be great if she could get "Congrats" postcard from Mickey and/or Minnie.

RoosMomKanga
01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I can't tell who's had their requests met or not, but we're there 2/9-12 and I'm happy to send 5 or so out also! Just PM me...:pixie:

Hair_Razor
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
This is an awesome idea. We are going in March and I would love to get my kids postcards sent before our trip. WE will do the same on our trip.

Have you had any offers to get a postcard in the mail? I will be there in Feb. 8th- 16th I would be willing to send you one for you kids if you send me their info and favourite character plus address, I think it would be fun!

cruellalvr
01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
This is such a wonderful idea!! I have two little girls that would love a postcard so I would be willing to go 7 or 8 postcards. PM me with your info and I will add it to my passporter. This is soooo cool!!

updated: I have someone sending a postcard to both my little girls, but I will still be more than happy to send 7 or 8 out to others. Contact me!!!

Have a magical day!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
We're going Feb 6th -10th. If anyone needs a postcard just send me a PM:mickey:

Laughin' place
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for a great idea. When my boys were younger (lol, as recently as 2006), I would "arrange" disney magic -- faxes from The Mouse, personal invitations to dinner from characters, etc. I am a big fan of creating as much magic as possible.
We are 123 days our first trip with our "new family" (My darling new wife and her two wonderful (never been to WDW) sons). The boys are all older (11, 13 and a pair of 14s!).
I am trying to hold off "the age of not believing", but it's a struggle. If someone could send post cards to my "been there" boys, it would excite them and remind them of all the magic of their youth (omg, getting a little misty eyed...). And post cards to my "new" sons would be their first taste of Disney Magic (they want to be excited, but they have no idea what's in store, so they are a little unsure).
If one of you would send us post cards, I will be glad to return the favor. Im looking forward to being a secret magic provider for others.
I dont know how to contact each other off-board, so if someone wants to send cards to us or have us send cards to them, please post here how I can reach you.
all the best, :rocks:

mrsgaribaldi
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for a great idea. When my boys were younger (lol, as recently as 2006), I would "arrange" disney magic -- faxes from The Mouse, personal invitations to dinner from characters, etc. I am a big fan of creating as much magic as possible.
We are 123 days our first trip with our "new family" (My darling new wife and her two wonderful (never been to WDW) sons). The boys are all older (11, 13 and a pair of 14s!).
I am trying to hold off "the age of not believing", but it's a struggle. If someone could send post cards to my "been there" boys, it would excite them and remind them of all the magic of their youth (omg, getting a little misty eyed...). And post cards to my "new" sons would be their first taste of Disney Magic (they want to be excited, but they have no idea what's in store, so they are a little unsure).
If one of you would send us post cards, I will be glad to return the favor. Im looking forward to being a secret magic provider for others.
I dont know how to contact each other off-board, so if someone wants to send cards to us or have us send cards to them, please post here how I can reach you.
all the best, :rocks:
Hi, I sent you a PM:mickey:

conwayjohn71
02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
We are not going until 2009

but I am leeting my DD do all the planning and research

it would be great if soemone could send both of them a post card saying can't wait to see you'

please PM me if you would not mind helping

crltkcagle
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
ohh count me in! we are going in september! this is a great idea!

mickey&missy
02-20-2008, 05:53 PM
We'll be there March 8th - 15th, if anyone would like some Mickey Mail please PM me! It would be my pleasure!

cruellalvr
02-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I still have not had anyone ask give me any info to send their kiddos a postcard.

Mine just received theirs, thank you Cassie! They enjoyed them greatly!!!

I am going june 13-18th so pm me if you would like me to send someone one! Thanks...

Have a MAGICAL Day!!!!!

mousehappy
02-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I leave @ 5am tomorrow if anyone needs one this week i would be glad to sent some magic your way.

I love that there are really great happy people out there willing to put a smile on others face!!!
Thanks guys:mickey:

Not2Loud
02-27-2008, 05:31 PM
We will be there for the next days (leaving Feb 28th), so if you would like any, PM me :)

Laughin' place
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU !
My four sons (11, 13 and two 14s) got their post cards and were dumbstruck ! My "original" sons have grown up with Disney and random acts of Disney magic like this, but even at 14 and 11, they were still so pleased and surprised. And my "new" boys (13 and 14), havent ever been and really didnt "grow up" with Disney. They were truly AWED. They still cant figure out how the "characters" knew so much about them ! Of course they know there is some trickery afoot, but you helped me plant the seed of Disney magic in their hearts. I hope you know how much that means to my whole crazy family. Thank you so very much.
We are going down 5/31 - 6/11, so someone drop me a line, and your kiddlets will get a card from their favorite character.:thanks:

BelleKP
02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for starting this Disneyfan . . . it's a fantastic idea! :thumbsup: I only wish I had seen this thread before I went earlier this month!
Next time I am there I will totally return the favour . . . but Laughin' Place you will be there over my daughter's birthday so a card from a character would be a great gift! I will PM you my info! Thanks :mickey:

disneyfan328
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I have 3 postcards that I would love to have sent out.

If anyone is going in the next 2-3 weeks would be perfect. I have 2 bday wishes that are at end of March and a wedding anniversary at end of April. If anyone is going around before then that could do these PM for the info. I just missed MissyMickey's trip as I haven't been able to be on here for awhile. I hope everyone is still having a great time with this and will keep it going. Don't forget about all of the other little ways to keep spreading the pixie dust in the parks too!! Those glow braclets are a huge hit when you pass them out at parades. My kids had a great time sharing the glo.

As an added note:

I need lots of prayers and pixie dust for my great niece. she was born premature, and also has some heart defects. She is going to be in the CICU at Childrens hosptial here in PGH for a while so if you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Her parents are going through a very rough time. Her name is Braelyn.

If anyone is going anytime soon and would like to send get well or thinking of you wishes to her or her parents that would also be great!!! They can use all of the support that they can get. PM me and I will provide my address to have them sent to.

mrsgaribaldi
03-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry to read about your great niece. What a great name. I'm sending you lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and I will keep Braelyn and all your family in my prayers.

auntfrannie
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
I'll be in Disney the week of April 26. If anyone wants a postcard sent, send me a PM.:mickey:

dory is here
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
send pm i will be epcot only august11-16th and dec 20-jan3rd all walt disney .so pm if those may be good dates ::eeyore:eeyore::eeyore::mickey:

Rodders
03-30-2008, 07:12 AM
My DW and I will be there during the first 2 weeks of September 08. If anyone wants anything posting out then please PM me with the relevant details :mickey:

Is anyone going soon who would be able to send a card to the UK?

Tick-Tock
04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
We will be down at the end of April and would be wiling to send some postcards (though I can't guarantee a signature will really be from a character.:secret:). PM me with info.

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I posted before (and before) but just wanted to say again that we will be going in July (21-27) and would be willing/LOVE to send some post cards (I have had ZERO takers :( ) PM me and let me know!!!

Tick Tock.. I am really looking forward to the girls getting theirs! Thanks again!!!

Tick-Tock
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Anyone else? We're leaving next week and I've only heard from KineGirl so far, so I can do another card or two.

The younger members of our traveling party received postcards yesterday and were so excited! It really ramped up the magic.

Tinkermom07
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
We are going June 25-July 15 and would be happy to send cards to anyone interested too, just pm info!

mouseketeer mom
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I posted before (and before) but just wanted to say again that we will be going in July (21-27) and would be willing/LOVE to send some post cards (I have had ZERO takers :( ) PM me and let me know!!!

Tick Tock.. I am really looking forward to the girls getting theirs! Thanks again!!!

Hi KineGirl!
Just sent you a PM!

Jodileigh
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm going before you, so I won't be taking advantage of your offer, however, if you guys would like some additional mousemail, I would be happy to add you to my list! We're going August 7 - 15th. Just let me know! And I think it's awesome that you're wanting pay it forward, too! BIG FUN!:mickey:

Jodi

Mackflava99
04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
This is a great idea-
i am going June 19-30 and would be more than willing to send some postcards.

I have twin girls so if someone wants to send them a post card before we go- that would be soooooooooooooooo cool

Tick Tock- i sent you a PM too:)

DisneyTwinsMommy
04-24-2008, 11:56 AM
We are going May 21-30... anyone going after that need anything sent to them??? We would love to help! :mickey3:

hlkeck
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
We'll be there Sept 6-13 -- happy to mail something!

PM me - Yay! This is so fun!

Young@Heart
05-01-2008, 12:52 AM
We'll be there from Aug. 4th-9th. I'd be happy to send a couple cards. PM me! :mickey:

Little Round Bale
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Cheers to all who help...... Count me in on this one. Sort of chokes me up.:blush: I will be going July 29 thru Aug 3, 2008 :cloud9:. Would love to send some Disney around the globe.

Been a while since I have posted on Intercot and it sure is nice to be back with the most fierce people in the world. :grouphug:

dumbo10705
05-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Count me in, We won't be going till Dec 1st, 2008, but I would love to do this for anyone. Just pm if you need to.

Mackflava99
05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
TICk-TOCK sent one to my twins and they were so surprised it was great-

Thanks again- it was a special moment and they have shown the card to alot of people already-

I am going in June (19-29) so if anyone wants me to send one- just send me a PM-

cajunbaby1
05-16-2008, 02:14 AM
DisneyTwinsMommy I sent you a PM re: postcards.
:party2::pixie: Have great trip

KineGirl
05-16-2008, 03:39 AM
TICk-TOCK sent one to my twins and they were so surprised it was great-

Thanks again- it was a special moment and they have shown the card to alot of people already-

She sent one to my DD and her BFF (who is going for the first time this summer with us).. isnt she great?! :cloud9: The girls loved em and my DD17 still cant figure out how the whole thing got pulled off :thumbsup: I used to mail them to her while we were there when she was smaller and when she got older she caught on but this time she is :confused: hehehe I told her .. THE MOUSE KNOWS :mickey:

Thanks again Tick Tock!! You really helped spread some early magic around here :magic:

Tick-Tock
05-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks, guys, it was fun - I'm glad you gave me the opportunity!

Little Round Bale
05-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Good Morning all!!

Still would love to send some magic for anyone doing a Disney trip after July 29 - Aug 3.

Dopey's Girl
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Good Morning all!!

Still would love to send some magic for anyone doing a Disney trip after July 29 - Aug 3.

Could you send one for me? I'm taking my best friend and her little girl in October and H (the kiddo) would love to get a post card from Mickey or the princesses!

Just PM me if you can still send one!

Thanks! Meg

Little Round Bale
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
If you would like a post card sent or some thing else. I would still love to help sent some pixie dust to someone.

Lets face it as my trip gets closer I could just :pixie::pixie:

#1disneyfan
05-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Is there anyone heading to WDW in the next few days? I am looking for a postcard to go to my nephew for his first trip June 7th. I know this is last minute, but if anyone can help me out, please send me a PM. I will be going in August, so I can help out then!

Thanks

mouseketeer mom
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
We will be in the world from August 13th thru 21st! We'd love to send cards to anyone going after us! We sent Mickey Mail on our last trip to 3 families and had so much fun picking them out and writing them! Let me know by PM! I'd love to send some Mickey love!

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
:tigger: WOW! WHAT A GREAT IDEA...IF I CAN IN ANY SMALL WAY HELP BRING A SMILE TO A CHILDS FACE COUNT ME IN... :mjump: MICKEY MAGIC ALL AROUND :mjump: ...ME AND MY DW, DD, AND DS ARE GOING JUNE 21 - JUNE 29, PM ME IF WE CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE TO 5 FAMILIES. :balloon:

elmjimmlm
06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I cant believe I have not read this on here until now...This is the greatest...We will be there Dec. 28-Jan. 3 so if you want one for the :newyear: then let me know...:mickey:
This would be something really great to do while we are there...:thumbsup:

Mackflava99
07-02-2008, 04:38 PM
i was there last week and i sent out all the requests (7) that were made- My kids helped me and they had a good time doing it-

DisneyLove
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone!!

I'm surprised it took me so long to find this thread! What a wonderful idea! I'm going to be in the world from July 18-aug 2 (a graduation trip for me with my family!) and I would love to help spread the pixie dust! :pixie::pixie: If anyone would like Mickey Mail then, PM me and let me know!!:mickey:

Katie

tink'72
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I love this idea! We will be in the world 7/27 - 8/5. If anyone wants me to send someting out PM me and let me know! I would love to be part of putting a smile on some little guy or little girls face :cloud9:

This is a FANTASTIC Idea!!!!!

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Just a reminder that we will be in WDW Aug. 4-9 if anyone wants some Mickey mail! :mickey: PM me!

mouseketeer mom
07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
We will be in WDW the 13th-21st of August! Happy to send Mickey Mail! Let me know!

laurenC325
07-12-2008, 11:38 AM
This is such a great idea. I will be there October 6th-13th and would love to do this for someone. If you would like one just PM :thumbsup:

VolMickey
07-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Send us a PM, we plan to be there in 15 days. Happy to do this for anyone on ICOT.

For our DD, we sent her a set of mouse ears, snacks, autograph book, pen, etc. in a package deal from WDW florist. She got it earlier this week -- we sent it from Mickey and Miney. She freaked! :thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
We will be in WDW from August 12-17. I am willing to send out 5 pay it forward postcards.

Please PM me if you would like to receive Mickey Mail. I would be more than happy to make someone's day!

GoOfY'sGiRl
07-16-2008, 01:21 AM
This is a fantastic idea!! :thumbsup:
We will be in Disney Oct 22-30, 2008 and I'm willing to send Mickey Mail to 5 families. PM me if you'd like me to do this. :mickey:

danicafan
07-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I make up my own letters and send them to my nieces and nephews about a month or so before we go, depending on what all we have planned, I have a letter from Mickey and one from all the Princesses for my nieces. I have made them for MVMCP and for Chef Mickeys. Email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I can send you some examples of what I send. I did a Pirates one for my 14 year old niece and I don't think she ever figured out it was me sending it. I also have the Walt Disney World font on my computer so I type up the return address on the envelope so it looks like it is coming from Walt Disney World! For the older nieces I send the letters in a larger envelope to my friend who lives in Florida and she drops them in the mail there so they are postmarked from Florida.

DisneyBabies
07-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I LOVE this idea. We are taking our son for his first trip to Disney for his birthday :party: Feb 27 - March 6, 2009 and I would love if someone would do this for him. He knows he's going, we just keep telling him it's a long time away. Although I know our trip is 7 months away, I would enjoy returning the favor for someone.:mickey: Just PM me if you are having a trip after we get back and I will gladly send postcards. This is a great thing for a people to do to put smiles on the faces of the littlest Disney fans! :magic:

Friend of Figment
07-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm leaving on the second. PM if you would like me to send you a postcard.

kittenmariefan
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
i just found this wonderful site and this thread which is just a fantastic idea.

this is my first post so i hope i do it right.

If anyone is going in the very near future, we are arriving at WDW 9/8 - 9/13, I would love someone to send DD a postcard. She is 11 and loves tink and main street shopping! This is our FIRST family vacation to see the mouse! DH is not as disney crazed as I am.

It would be my pleasure to send postcards to someone once we get there as well. PM your info to me and i will be sure to get them out.:mickey:

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
:welcome:

First of all Welcome to intercot!!! you have come to the one of the best sites around!! Also thanks for participaing in Mickey Mail. While I am not going anytime soon, I appreciate your willingness to spread the pixie dust around. I am sure someone will come along that can help you out!!!

Rodders
08-27-2008, 05:00 AM
We will be at WDW from 3rd - 17th September so If anyone wants anything posting then please PM me so that I can add you to our list :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
We will be arriving October 4. Anyone visiting WDW in September . . . . .Please send me a PM if you are willing to send my kids a "See Ya Real Soon" postcard.

Also, anyone going at the end of October? Please PM me if you want me to send one to your family. :mickey:

Marci
08-28-2008, 03:53 PM
This is such a wonderful idea. I love how the people on this board go above and beyond to spread the magic. I am going Sept. 19-28, and would love to send some postcards. Please PM me if you would like me to.

mshomeschoolmom
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I would love for someone to send both my girls a postcard.We are going to WDW Oct.4-11. I will be willing to do for others as well. Please pm me if you're interested in sending them for my girls.

Rodders
08-29-2008, 05:05 AM
It looks like I will be sending out 5 or 6 cards which is great news. Thanks to everyone that got in touch with me. It is great to have an opportunity to spread a little joy around the world. It's also a nice geography lesson for me because until this year I didn't know where most of these places were, well, I knew they were north west of Florida somewhere ;)

I do have a question though, does anyone know what time the post is collected from MK midweek? Someone is flying in only a few days after I arrive so we're not sure if it will make it in time. Is the package pick up on Main Street the best place to post cards from?

elmjimmlm
08-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I have been asked by 2 families to send postcards when we are there and I thought it would be a nice touch if it could be written in "Disney writing"...I have searched online to find the whole alphabet written that way and I cant find it...Anyone know where I could find this? (If nobody can figure out what I am talking about just look at the top of the page where it says Discussion Boards, that is the writing I am talking about)

Disney Doll
08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
I was able to download the Disney font a few years back. I don't remember exactly where I got it, but you should be able to google Disney font and get some good results.

I love the idea of Mickey Mail! My son is just a baby so he doesn't really care about post cards, but I'd love to send some cards to others while we are in the world. We'll be there Oct 19-25. Just send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you a post card.

BelleBeauty
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
You can find the font at Font Face - just search for that website. You should easily be able to find it on there, or something incredibly similar.

Dopey's Girl
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I will be in WDW from 10-15-19...if anyone needs cards for anytime after then, just PM me!

I got a card in July and want to pay it forward! :mickey:

mshomeschoolmom
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
We will be at WDW Oct 5-11. I will be glad to send postcards out. Pm me if you want me to mail during this week.

disneyfan328
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to Rodders for coming through with a belated birthday card for DD. She was very excited (even though she is 19 she is as much a Disney addict as I am) She has it proudly displayed for all to see.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Rodders
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
You're more than welcome. Sending out so many cards was a joy. It really brightened an otherwise very bright day :mickey:

Mail Lady (http://www.flickr.com/photos/woderwick/2834679177/)

A few postcards (http://www.flickr.com/photos/woderwick/2835515508/in/set-72157607159095005/)

Fruity stamps (http://www.flickr.com/photos/woderwick/2834676797/in/set-72157607159095005/)

EmISeeKayEeWhy
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Would anyone be interested in a service that would send a email from a fav character for trip announcements, bdays etc? What if it would cost 2 or three dollars?

glenpreece
09-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I am heading down in Dec so if anybody would like any then I'd love to help.

goofyluva9293
09-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I will be at WDW October 27-November 4 and would be glad to send postcards then. Please PM me if you are interested in getting a card that week. :mickey:

matthew1926
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I will be in WDW 10/22/08 through 10/28/08 and am willing to send 4 Postcards to anyone who wants one for their family. Just PM me with the details,what character you would like, what you want the post card to say. My daughter got one from another member for our upcoming trip and was thrilled with it. Just want to help spread the magic!:mickey:

disneymom15
10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow! What a nice thought. Have a wonderful trip.

NHDisneyMagic
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi All,

I just saw this today and would like to offer Mickey mail to the first 5 people who PM, We leave in the morning 10/16 for 5 days at WDW.

If you PM me Name, Address, Favorite Character and Occasion I will send them out.

This is a great idea and I hope it continues to pay it forward.

Joe
:mickey:

cal5755
10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
My trip is scheduled for November 13 - 18 please pm me with address and names if you would like me to send a postcard..... my children still have theirs proudly displayed on the fridge :mickey:

goofyluva9293
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I will be at WDW October 27-November 4 and would be glad to send postcards then. Please PM me if you are interested in getting a card that week. :mickey:

Sorry everyone! I've reached my limit of kids. Can't wait to send out the postcards to the ones who contacted me. It is going to be so much fun! :mickey:

JustGoofy
10-31-2008, 11:22 AM
We will be arriving November 22 for a week at WDW. Please send me a PM if you are willing to send our son a "See Ya Real Soon" postcard.

We would like to offer Mickey mail to the first 3 people who PM. If you PM me your child's Name, Address, Favorite Character I will send them out to pay this forward.

I can't wait for our son to receive his & then send our magic out from WDW!

That being said, I assume that there is postage sold at WDW..........

Thanks in advance!

Tbelle1976
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
We will not be there until mid-Fabruary, but if you are planning on getting to WDW after us and would like some Mickey Mail I would be happy to do it! Just send me a PM with your info.:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-13-2008, 02:30 AM
We will be in the world durring Christmas week. I will take 5 requests from folks for postcards.

Also, if anyone is going down soon please contact me, I would like one for my step daughter.

Jim

Tick-Tock
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone, I'm going down to visit family in the WDW vicinity (not the parks, sadly) over Christmas. I assume I can find some Disney postcards in the Walgreen's down there or at least the airport, so I'd be happy to send out some "Mickey mail" to folks who will be traveling early in 2009! PM me.

DlandMommy
12-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I think this would be so much fun to do for someones kids:mickey:My dd got the call from mickey yesterday and was so excited:D:party:So im ready to take 5 requests just PM me and let me know anything special you may want:)

mickey&missy
12-31-2008, 08:17 PM
We leave Saturday (1/3/09) if anyone wants some mail!!!! Just PM me!

stitchaholic
01-01-2009, 06:19 AM
We leave Saturday (1/3/09) if anyone wants some mail!!!! Just PM me!__________________
i just did,lol!

same goes for us though,we will be there from jan 26th,09 to feb 2nd,09 and would love to take part in this and send out 5 cards.
just send me a message(you may have to send a friend request first,something in my settings i will have to check out)

disneyfan328
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I am looking for anyone that may be going in early April to send out see you real soon postcards to my DS and DD daughter. We will be surprising them on Easter with our trip to being in late april Also an anniversary card for DH and I would be great as that is what we will celebrate during our trip. Please PM me if you send the cards and I will also be accepting Mickey Mail requests as we will be going 4/24/- 5/2. Just PM me !!

DisneyBabies
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
elmjimmlm sent my DS a postcard and he got it yesterday. When I gave it to him he got really excited and screamed that Mickey sent him a letter! I read the message to him and he asked how Mickey knew his name, so I told him it's knd of like how Santa knows his name :blush:. He held onto it all evening and kept looking at it and saying "Are you kidding me?" which is his phrase for "this is great!" :cloud9: When I told him it was time to put it away, he put it in his treasure box in his room along with his Goodnight Moon book, stickers from speech therapy, a receipt from the first toy he bought with his own money and a cookie bag from McDonald's!
Thank you so much! This was a geat experience for him.

We will be in the World Feb 27 - March 6. PM me if you would like some mail!

Iluvpooh
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi-We are leaving in 30 days! I would love for someone to send a postcard to my DDs and NEphew before we go. If anyone will do that please let me know with a PM-thanks

I would be happyto send postcards from our trip
Feb6th-15th
Also just PM me thanks

Disney Doll
01-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi! We'll be in the world Jan 24- 31. I'd be happy to send a few postcards. Just send me a PM if you'd like something from that time frame.

Iluvpooh
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Thank everyone for offering. I sent a PM to the person who was going the soonest.

emfleck
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I will be at WDW during the first week of March. I would be willing to send out a few postcards for a few people. Just pm me your info.

Elaine

elmjimmlm
01-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Anyone going in July? I have 2 birthdays to celebrate that month and would love for them to get a card from Disney...I did this for 3 back in Dec. when we were there and I loved being able to do this for others...Thanks

mook3y
01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this on Intercot and decided to put it here.

In Sept 2007, I took my friend James (JJ) Bond to Disneyworld as a surprise "dream" trip for him.

Many of you sent him cards wishing him a great trip that were at his resort when he arrived.

There were a couple of you from Intercot that even had the chance to meet up with him while he was there.

JJ passed away last night.

I was able to spend several days with him just before Christmas and he brought up his dream trip several times while we were there. How so many people that didn't even know him took the time to make his trip special was amazing to him and made him feel so special.

Anyways, to those that took the time, THANK YOU so much.

For those that are members of this thread, don't underestimate the value of what you are doing here.

Sorry for the short hijack, but out of everyone on Intercot, it was memebers of this thread that would know about JJ and understand this.

Thank you again.

Mike

disneyfan328
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Mike,

I am so sorry to hear about JJ's passing. I was fortunate enough to meet him and reading his story was truly inspiring. He is so lucky to have a friend like you ( and all of those who didn't know him, but took the time to help out with this trip ) It is a wonderful thing you did and I am so glad that he was able to enjoy himself for that wonderful vacation. You are truly a friend in all sense of the word. Thank you for what you did for JJ. He will watch over you now and be free from pain and discomfort.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family & friends.

conwayjohn71
01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
We have done this before and it is great:cloud9:

We will be in WDW June 8th - 15th, i will be glad to send out postcards.....

PM me info

momofweethree
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks to the Kids-Free promotion we are finally able to take our three little ones to the House of Mouse for our first family vacation! :party:

I have heard from friends about people being a Fairy Godmailer - where you would send postcards to kids from Disney World like they are from Mickey...

Well I have a simplier request, in trying to keep our trip costs down and still make for a really fun and memorable trip, my mom and I are teaming up to preshop for souvies.

We will be visiting Disney World in Early April, while we are there we would like to plan a scavenger hunt with our little ones to have them hunt around our hotel room for treats and hints to what the next day's activities will hold. The plan is that this will not only help a LOT with bedtime and heading back to the room each night, but also help a great deal with the "I Wants".

I have been looking just about anywhere and everywhere but can't find postcards - so I am resorting to begging. :blush:

We are planning on visiting Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot and I would love it if anyone going could mail us a postcard from ANY of these places (or all if you are in a super dooper mood) :number1: - you don't have to try for a certain character - just any postcard showing one of the parks - you don't even have to personalize it - I will use the note area to write their scavenger hunt riddles.

If anyone is game - my three little ones :mickey::mickey::mickey: and I :thumbsup: would greatly appreciate it - please contact me via Private Message (PM).

InLikeSin
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
We are leaving on Friday the 13th. I would love to help make some magic happen. PM me if I could help anyone out :mickey:

sassy2000
02-13-2009, 01:51 PM
We are staying Feb 20-28. and can send a few postcards out. PM me if interested.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
We will be there March 6th-11th. Anyone want postcards? My kids and I had so much fun doing this on our last trip!

DisneyBabies
02-15-2009, 10:53 AM
We will be there Feb 27-March 6, so PM me if you would like any postcards. Another member did this for my son and he loved it! He gets it out of his treasure box for us to read every couple of days :D.

krose78
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
We are staying Feb 20-28. and can send a few postcards out. PM me if interested.:mickey:

sassy thank you so much. Haven't given it to my son yet but my husband was very impressed that mickey knew my sons birthday.

elmjimmlm
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
We will be there Aug. 9-15th and I would love to do this again...Please let me know if anyone needs me to send a card...:mickey:

armmh
02-27-2009, 09:57 PM
We will be there for our first trip June 16-24. Let me know if I can help. This this is our first time I have never done this but what a great idea!!
:mickey:

tannermansmom
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
This is such a great thing to do. We will be there May 9-17. You can PM me if you would like us to send a postcard out to you. We are already starting with our three year old about how it important to "Pay it forward". Also, looking for someone that will be in Disney in the next little bit to send a postcard to DS & niece. Thanks!:thumbsup: - Nichole

disneyfan328
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
We will be in the world from 5/1 - 5/10 so if anyone wants a card sent, please let me know via PM and I will be happy to spread the pixie dust around!!!

This doesn't have to be for an upcoming trip, I will send for Birthdays, anniversarys, happy end of school, new baby, wedding wishes, passing drivers test, getting into college, happy graduation (preschool,kindergarten, highschool, college), new job. whatever you have going on. I am following Disney's theme with whatever you want to celebrate!!
:party::woohoo::wishes::babyroll::minnie: :party:
I will take the first 5 people to send me their info!

Cinderelley
03-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Is anyone going soon? One of my best friends had to put her dog down, and she's very down. I think a card from WDW would perk her up a little.

mrsgaribaldi
04-07-2009, 02:17 AM
We are also going May 5th-10th so if anyone needs a card, send me a pm.

hokies4life
04-20-2009, 01:21 PM
We'll be down there again August 16-22 so if we can do this for anyone please let me know! Also it's my BF's first on property stay so I kind of want to do this for him as well. Is there anyone going later in the summer (July?) that could send me one? Thanks!

:chipdale:

disneyfan328
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Last call. I haven't really gotten many takers, so I still have some room. We will be leaving on Friday Morning 5/1 so you have until I would say Wednesday evening as I don't know for sure that I will be on here on Thursday (too much to do and pack and my son has a baseball game)

Anyway - I will send out cards for any occasion - just let me know!!!

Dopey's Girl
04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm off to the World May 16-23. If anyone needs a card sent, just PM me!

PixieMagic
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I LOVE this idea! We are going to the world August 16th-22nd and if anyone needs a card sent to anyone for any reason just PM me - make sure to do it by 5pm August 15th (we have an early flight) and I'll take the first 6 or so :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
05-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you Disneyfan328...The look on their faces were priceless...I appreciate you taking the extra time to buy birthday cards for them...It really made it extra special...
I think that this is a great thing that everyone should do when they are there...I know that it is worth the little time that it takes while you are there to spread some magic...:tink: I can't wait to get back there and do it again...

kittenmariefan
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks to dopey'sgirl for the recent message from Disney in our mailbox. It was the greatest~~your handwriting is so similar to mine that DH was doing a double take and verifying the postmark insisting I sent this to him...He had no idea how I pulled this off.:mickey:

Mackflava99
06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I am going in June- if anyone wants me to send any, please let me know- we did it last year and it was alot of fun-

Just IM me

bryan

mouseketeer mom
06-10-2009, 06:54 AM
My three kids would love postcards from anyone who is travelling before August. In return, we'd love to send postcards to anyone who would like them sent from us in the beginning of August. Just ask!

Little Round Bale
06-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Good Morning all. We will in in the World Aug 8 thru the 16. Would love to send a card. :mickey: Also looking for someone going in July. :thumbsup:

Alligirl
06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Hello!
Our family will be in the world from June 29 till July 8 and we would be happy to send a few cards! Just PM me the info!:thumbsup:

julie0282
06-17-2009, 03:29 AM
We will be going in Aug 2-9 will love to do this for some one just pm me all the info please send me a msg by aug 1 before 5pm i have a very early flight the 2nd:mickey:

julie0282
07-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Hello!
Our family will be in the world from June 29 till July 8 and we would be happy to send a few cards! Just PM me the info!:thumbsup:
THANK YOU !!!! so much my daughter was so suprised and excited about her post card.:mickey::cloud9:

emilysmommy
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I will be traveling to Disney August 25th if anyone could do this for me I would be very grateful and could do the same for someone else?

jimsgal05
07-18-2009, 08:46 PM
hello I am going Sept 7th -14th...if anyone wants a postcard..please Pm...I will do 5.
I think this will be so much fun to do!!!!

oh if anyone knows any military personal over seas I would send them a card too...from Mickey...
Lori:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
So this is such a great idea! Whoever thought of this well .........:notworth:to you! We'd love to be a part of this magic too! Our dates are 11/18 thru 11/28, so for all you December and later month goers this would be great! PM me and I'll be glad to jump on the band wagon:tink:and spread some Disney dust your way! COUNT ME IN:number1:

snuggs30
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh yes great idea! We are going to be going Oct.30-Nov8th so if anyone wants me to send one out PM me! I will do up to 5 also! :secret:

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-09-2009, 08:25 AM
We'll be arriving October 16. If anyone is going late Sept- early Oct and willing to send Mickey Mail to my kids, please PM me.

Also, we've got some friends who just returned yesterday. I would LOVE to surprise them with Mickey Mail. Any volunteers? :mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Still looking for someone we can send Mickey mail to during our upcoming trip to WDW. We'll be there Nov 18-Nov 28. So if you have a trip planned in December, let me know and we would love to send you some pixie dust. Please Pm me before November 15 so I can get your top secret info. lol :tink:

stitchaholic
10-27-2009, 05:34 AM
i just pm'd you

disneykidsince1970
01-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Hi all! I am not exactly sure how this works - only just saw the post but my son turns 3 in 2 weeks. We live in Switzerland and so, a postcard would have to be mailed fairly quickly (and require xtra postage I am afraid) but he would love a postcard from Mickey and the gang that said Happy Birthday! ..and my almost 5 yr old would be totally amazed!! Pls PM me if you are willing and able!

I will be at the world myself 2nd week of Feb and will be happy to do postcards for anyone else!

elmjimmlm
01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
I will be going back June 20th if anyone needs me to send a card just let me know...I have done this for 4 families in my past 2 trips and I would like to make this part of my yearly vacation...:)
I love doing this...It just makes Disney more magical for me...:tink:

Dopey's Girl
02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi all!

I will be at WDW in April...if anyone needs cards sent, just PM me the details. I'd be happy to help!:mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
We are leaving in 30 days (May 10-18) if anyone needs Mickey Mail sent, just PM me! :mickey:

fernsmommy
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
We'll be going May 5-12 if anyone would like me to send a card your way just pm me!

Tick-Tock
04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
We'll be at WDW this weekend if I can send cards to/for anyone! Just PM me by Friday.

mook3y
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
We will be in the House of the Mouse May 4 - 11.:mickey:

Would be more than happy to send out a card for someone.

PM me with appropriate info

MarknTara
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, we're not going again very soon, but if anybody's interested I'd LOVE to send someone a letter from Mickey (or any character!) to help spread some Disney magic! Just PM me, and I'd be more than happy to brighten somebody's day.:mickey:

sassy2000
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello. We are going May 27 - June 1st. If anyone would like a card, PM me. I can do five.

elmjimmlm
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
We will be leaving next Friday so of you want a card then PM me... I would be more than happy to do it!!!:mickey:

Cinderelley
09-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Is anyone going in the next couple of weeks? It would be nice if I could get a postcard sent to someone.

Additionally, I will be there Sept 29 - Oct 9 if anyone wants me to send some out.

Disney Doll
09-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Cinderelley,

We will be there Sept 23-30 and would be happy to send a postcard. Not sure if our trip dates are too late for you or not, but let me know.

iheartdisney
09-23-2010, 08:53 PM
We are going in November. Not only would I be willing to do this for someone else, I think this would be a wonderful way to tell my boys they're going. Is anyone going soon that would be willing to send us a card?

And for those of you who have either sent cards or received cards - what have the cards said? Just wondering what I'll need to write when it's my turn!

Thanks! And thank you, thank you, thank you to the original poster of this idea! What an amazing way to spread the magic!

showmethemouse
09-23-2010, 08:59 PM
We will be leaving Thursday so of you want a card then PM me. ... I would be more than happy to do it!!:mickey:

disneyfan328
10-10-2010, 11:49 PM
And for those of you who have either sent cards or received cards - what have the cards said? Just wondering what I'll need to write when it's my turn!

Thanks! And thank you, thank you, thank you to the original poster of this idea! What an amazing way to spread the magic!

Your very welcome!!:mickey:

As far as what the cards say, its really up to you and the person that is asking for the card. They may have something specific like keep up the good grades and have happy birthday or mickey says to keep your room clean and he'll see you soon, or they may just say to send it from Mickey (or whomever the fav. character is ) and that they have missed this certain person and can't wait to see them again. Usually the person looking for the card gives enough specifics so that its pretty easy.

Good Luck and I hope all of those that are sending and receiving cards are enjoying spreading the magic!:party:

Disney4us2
10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
We will be going in 36 days.... December 1-8-10

I would be happy to send cards and spread the magic of Disney. PM me with the info.:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm going in about 3 weeks (YEAH!!!), if anyone needs a card, please let me know!

Dopey's Girl
11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow, but will be checking in from time to time, so if anyone needs a card, let me know!!

Dakota Rose
12-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Anybody going in the next 2-3 weeks? I'd love a postcard sent to my son.

We're leaving for our WDW trip on 1/21 and I'd love to send a postcard out for someone while we're there!