PDA

View Full Version : Disney in October?

Mommy2boys
07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
We were originally planning on going in January but DH's work wont allow it now so we are looking at going in October. Has anyone been? What can we expect in regards to weather, crowds?

faline
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Weather is generally quite pleasant. Evenings might be cool enough to require jeans and a sweatshirt.

Crowds are usually low to moderate. This time of year has been increasing in popularity so I'd go with expecting moderate crowds.

It is still in hurricane season. While rare, it is not out of the question to have a tropical storm or even a hurricane.

Pirate Granny
07-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Make sure you go to Mickey's not so scarey halloween party if you go in October...it is truly something not to miss.
:pirate:

AllDisney
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
We went a few years ago at the end of October. The weather was great. Warm days, not humid at all, and the evenings were pleasant. We did need jackets a couple of times at night.

The crowds weren't bad at all. Don't forget to use fast passes when you can.

Have a great trip!

Dracula766
07-25-2007, 11:49 PM
How bad are the crowds Columbus day weekend.

We'll be at WDW Oct 4-8.
I'm working on our park schedule and MK closes at 1am on the 6th and midnight on the 7th WITH EMH. Does that mean the park will be open til 3am?

I was really hoping that the October crowds would be light

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Make sure you go to Mickey's not so scarey halloween party if you go in October...it is truly something not to miss.
:pirate:

Whats that all about?

faline
07-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Whats that all about?

It's a Halloween party held in the Magic Kingdom on selected evenings. Attendance requires the purchase of a separate ticket. There's a great Halloween parade, wonderful fireworks, and places to "trick or treat". Many folks dress for the event.

More information here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp)

I would expect October crowds to be moderate. The big Intercot meet will also take place in October - beginning on October 12th!

Figgyluv03
07-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Love Disney in October! I really wish I got to stay longer when I worked there, but since 9/11 happened, I had to be home with my family. DBf and I are going in October. We were hoping they did the free dining in September, but he won't be able to get out of work since that is the busiest time for his work. We are skipping the water parks since he's not really interested in them, and since we aren't doing that we are going to try to get tickets for Mickey's Not So Scarey.

Nettie
07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
disney in october is amazing! I've done the not so scary halloween party three times now, and i'm 23. lol. We brought my 8 old year nephew last october and he LOVED it. (He was a dragon slaying knight and granpa was the dragon... my younger sister was a mermaid and actually was asked several times for her autograph!)

I reccomend you don't do the party on halloween or a few days before hand, those are the most popular days. If you want to take full advantage of the party (being able to get on a lot of rides in a short amount of time...) go about a week before the 31st.

We went the week before halloween and came home on the 30th in 2006 (so the little guy could still trick or treat at home). the weather was very nice during the day, about 70-75 sometimes 80... and cooler at night. I wore jeans each day and was a little warm during the day but comfy at night. I wore tank tops each day and brought a light long sleeve sweather for the evening.

If you like to swim in the evening it might be too chilly. we only got to swim once at night and it's chilly when you get out of the water.

the crowds are nice, and moderate. you rarely wait longer than 30 minutes for a ride, with 45-60 for the "big" rides (soarin', rocking roller coaster etc.) but fast pass takes care of that.

GreenBeetle
07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
How bad are the crowds Columbus day weekend.

We were there last Columbus Day weekend and the following week. It was VERY crowded on the weekend. I was quite surprised how crowded it was throughout the week too. In fact, it was absolutely packed at MNSSHP - and we went on a weekday to avoid the crowds!!

October has always been our favorite time to go (especially with MNSSHP), but I'm afraid it has become more and more popular with visitors. :(

P.S. I highly recommend MNSSHP to anyone thinking about going . . . it's awesome!

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the info!