PDA

View Full Version : Live Parrots at CBR?

AliceinDisney
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I was reading this description of the resort, and it said there were live parrots hanging around in the trees or something is that true? Here is the link:

DDuck66
07-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I have read that as well, but I have stayed at the CBR on four seperate occasions and have never seem any. We usually stay at Jamaica and had to walk across Parrot Cay everday to go to the shops or the food court and I never saw any parrots.

Polynesian Dweller
07-26-2007, 09:42 AM
At one point Disney had parrots at both CBR and Poly. At the Poly, they had to be removed to Animal Kingdom because so many parents allowed their kids to throw things at them and in general abuse them (at least that's what a CM told us). Regardless of the accuracy of that, it wasn't the most animal friendly thing to display them in the resort. I presume that they likely got removed from CBR as well for similar reasons. Anyone know for sure?

AliceinDisney
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I remember when the Poly had parrots. They were so cute. Scarlett and Blue macaws! I wish CBR had them too, but I have a feeling there won't be any. I love ,love, love parrots and birds.

Becky'sMom
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
When I was at CBR on my honeymoon in 1999 there were parrots in cages nestled among the trees along the walking path to the main building. They must have been moved to AK for the same reasons cited by a previous poster. Shame parents can't have more control over their kids...if I caught Becky throwing something at an animal......
Lauren

Figgyluv03
07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
There are no parrots at CBR. I would have protected them when I was working there. The only thing we really had animal wise is turtles. When you go down to barefoot marina they should have some food for the turtles and fish.