PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

Dedivah
07-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I dropped the ball on getting the Fantasmic dinner tickets when I reserved our dinner at Mama Melrose back in January. I really didn't know about it until I found out here. :rocks:

I have 11 days until we are at WDW. :woohoo:

Do you think if I keep calling I can luck into getting 3 tickets?

NJMan66
07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
You may have a better chance of seeing if you can get "preferred seating" once you have arrived at WDW. However, if you do not get tickets, don't worry, there isn't a bad seat in the house. In fact, having watched the show from the very first row, I think the higher you are in the stadium the better the view of the entire show.

Dedivah
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Where should I ask? At the front desk upon checking in or at Mama Melrose when we go for dinner?

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Go to guest relations at MGM as soon as you arrive at the park and ask if there are anymore available. This is how we got ours for the same night, 'cuz I had dropped the ball a few years back too. Don't feel bad.

Dedivah
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
:thanks:

KylesMom
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Just to clarify, you're looking to switch your Mama Melrose standard dining reservations to the Fantasmic Dinner Package reservations. They allow a certain amount of reservations per evening, so what you're looking for now is a cancellation on someone who scheduled the package & is backing out - not tickets to the event. The "tickets" are actually vouchers they give you to walk backstage for a reserved seating section after you've paid for the Fantasmic dining meal. The event itself (the Fantasmic show) is not a ticketed event. I should add that the package includes one appetizer, entree & dessert per person. They recently changed the package (at Mama Melrose, anyway) whereby they no longer serve you a family flatbread and salad to share - each person orders their own appetizer.

Hope you can switch your ressie - the package makes it so much easier to enjoy Fantasmic!:mickey:

SBETigg
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I would just keep calling to see if they have openings for the dinner package, and then you can change the ADR from dinner to the Fantasmic dinner package if they have something for you.

You may have better luck if you're willing to go with any of the available restaurants(Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, or Hollywood & Vine). Brown Derby will be more costly, or cost you two dining plan credits vs one for the other two. But if you can't get the Fantasmic package, you'll probably still be able to see Fantasmic with maybe a little waiting in line. Best wishes.

mickey-mouse35
07-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Go to guest relations at MGM as soon as you arrive at the park and ask if there are anymore available. This is how we got ours for the same night, 'cuz I had dropped the ball a few years back too. Don't feel bad.

This is what I did as well. I hightailed it to Guest Relations as soon as park opened while DH rode Tower of Terror. They did have opening (though we ate at Hollywood and Vine). Good luck!!!

Also, since you're going in the summer, they probably have two shows--maybe you could go to later show, which is less crowded??? Just another option if you can't switch to get the Fantasmic package. Have fun! :D

IloveDisney71
07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I have done Fantasmic numerous times without booking the Fantasmic dining pkg. and I tried the Fantasmic dining pkg. once. I actually preferred finding my own seat. I don't mind arriving early for Fantasmic, it gives me a chance to rest my feet and just chat with my friends and family for a while. We try and get to Fantasmic about 1 hour before showtime and we've always gotten a good seat. So...if you are not able to get the pkg. don't worry about it. Just make plans to arrive a little early and you'll be fine. Depending on when you go in January, you may not even need to arrive that early. I am usually in WDW during the summer months.

Dedivah
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
We will be there in 2 weeks.

We have a regular reservation at Mama Melrose at 7pm. The first show is at 9pm then there is another at 10pm. We were going to go to the 10pm showing after dinner.

I really don't want to change restaurants. I would just like to have the preferred seating.

SBETigg
07-26-2007, 11:29 AM
We will be there in 2 weeks.

We have a regular reservation at Mama Melrose at 7pm. The first show is at 9pm then there is another at 10pm. We were going to go to the 10pm showing after dinner.

I really don't want to change restaurants. I would just like to have the preferred seating.

If you're doing the later show, you shouldn't have a problem. The seating that comes with the Fantasmic package isn't actually "preferred seating." It's really just a way to get in without much of a wait. For the later show, it is less crowded and that shouldn't be necessary.

The Fantasmic dinner package seats are all along the right side and the main complaint that I have seen with this package is that the seats are not the best, but good enough. The best seats are actually more in the middle section. But, again, all the seats are good and by hitting the later show, you should be just fine. The Fantasmic package is only for the first showing every night. Also, that seating section is open to anyone in the second show, and in fact opens to everyone once the showtime nears even during the early show.

KylesMom
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
SBETigg said it correctly. If you are going for the second showing, the Fantasmic Dinner Package does not apply. Keep your 7 pm dining reservation at Mama Melrose & ENJOY! :mickey:

NJMan66
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Keep your 7 pm dining reservation at Mama Melrose & ENJOY! :mickey:

...and don't worry about the seating you do get. We all promise you will LOVE this show no matter where your seat is located.

HAVE FUN!

Jasminegirlsmom
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
The preferred seating section is actually off to the side of the stage. If you can't get dinner show/prefered seating tickets you can get just as good a seat, maybe better, in the general seating section.