PDA

View Full Version : Offical Ticket Center Question / Commentary

goofyskier
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I know the Offical Ticket Center is an offical Intercot sponser so I will try to be as nice as possible. Recentlly I quoted the Offical Ticket Center for some 10 day Park Hoppers with Water Park added. I was somewhat supprised when the cost per ticket for an adult was $160.00 dollars more than what is quoted on Disney's website and the cost for a child ticket was also $160.00 dollars more than what is quoted on Disney's website. This would cost me an additional $480.00 for tickets if I purchased through the Official Ticket Center. I have previously purchased 7 day park hopper tickets through them and was somewhat surprised by the ticket costs. This really isn't a big issue as I can just purchase through Disney. What bothered me however, the customer service people at the Offical Ticket Center. When I called to double check the quote the lady with whom I spoke could'nt be bothered to double check the pricing and acted like I was an inconvenience to her. After hanging up with her I immediatlly sent an e-mail and have yet to get a response. My question is; has anyone else had this type of experience with the Offical Ticket Center?

TikiGoddess
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Are you sure the options available on the ticket were the same as the ones you found on the Disney website? It seems very odd that there would be a $100+ difference for the same ticket.

As for not receiving service on the phone, it might be worth trying one more time -- maybe you'll get someone different who can explain the prices to you.

TikiG

mttafire
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I find it difficult to believe there was 100.00 difference. Are you SURE all the "ticket requirements" were exactly the same. Ive found that no matter where you look for Disney tickets..they are all VERY close in price.:mickey:

Melanie
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't have time to research this right now, but this couldn't be correct. There have to be some options left off somewhere to account for the price difference. :confused:

GrumpyFan
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Did you get that price from their website or did they quote this for you via email?

Their website currently lists a 10-day Water Park Fun & More with No expiration for $418, while Disney's gate price is $448.
Were you going with the 14 day expiration?
If so, then perhaps they added on the no-expiration by mistake.

goofyskier
07-25-2007, 05:06 PM
"Did you get that price from their website or did they quote this for you via email?"

This was quoted via e-mail. Below is the reply from the customer service rep. I've omited my name from the reply.

Dear ***** ******,

Our company does sell the 10-Day Park Hopper with Water Park for Adults it’s $460.00 and children is $420.00.

If you have any questions, please either call our office at 407-396-9020 or email me directly.

Thank you,
Customer Service
THE OFFICIAL TICKET CENTER
3148 Vineland Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34746
407-396-9020
FAX 407-396-9323

I also went back to the Disney web site and re-priced the tickets just to make sure I'm not nuts. From the Disney site; a 10 Day Advance purchase ticket with Park Hopper and Water Park added would be $294.00 per adult and $261.00 per child for a total (taxes included) of $904.25. The Offical Ticket Center price (per the above response) would be $460.00 per adult ticket and $420.00 per child ticket for a total (taxes included) of $1340.00. I thought that maybe the advance ticket purchase would skew the price a bit but, per the Disney site, I only saved $45.00 total by pre-purchasing. Don't know what I'm missing in the prices but it was never this out of whack before.

CleveRocks
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
My Spidey-sense is telling me that the ticket broker's price includes the no expiration feature and Disney's price does NOT include that feature. On a 10-day ticket, the no expiration feature, including 7% sales tax, is right around that $160 mark.

That's too much of a coincidence to be ignored.

The devil is in the details. Please clarify that the broker's price absolutely 100% DOES NOT include the no expiration feature, and I'll stand beside you and scratch my head along with you.

caryrae
07-25-2007, 05:32 PM
This is what you would get for the $460 adult ticket from the offical ticket center.

Adult 10 Day Park Hopper & Water Park Ticket-Unused Days Never Expire $460

If I click the same options on the Disney website it is $449.00 not including tax.

So yes on the Offical Ticket center you were quoted with no exparation tickets and I the Disney website you looked at tickets that do have a 14 day expire which would be $294.

DizneyRox
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Apples to Apples...

I always suggest ot people make sure you know EXACTLY what you are asking for and make sure it's the EXACT same for any quotes you get.

Some brokers include taxes, some don't, etc. I would always give people two numbers when asking about tickets, the pre-tax and final price. They way they don't need to guess...

Same goes true for the options. I'll admit though adding the no expiration option without saying so would really confuse people.

Remember, tickets don't get any more expensive than purchasing them directly from Disney. Well, maybe used eBay tickets...

rookie
07-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd do the same as goofyskier if i saw such a discrepency- call and ask for help. If they don't want to help, they must not have wanted the business. I have very little tolerence for people in the service industry that don't want to try.

goofyskier
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Based on some of the replys to this thread; I sent another e-mail to the Offical Ticket Center asking if the tickets quoted included the non expiring option. From the reply "the 10 Day Tickets that we offer are
Non-Expiring tickets. Only Disney offers the expiring 10 Day Tickets."

This at least explains the cost discrepency however, I wish they would have been a little more forthcoming with the information with the original quote. Thanks to all for the help. :thumbsup: