PDA

View Full Version : We've decided to build again !

Momof2boys
07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
We received a letter last week stating that they are expanding our current subdivision and opening a 3rd phase. DH looked into it and decided that we should build again. We built our current home & moved in January 2000. Matt was almost 2 at the time and we found out we were pregnant with Nate while moving in so our needs have changed now that the boys are 9 & almost 7. We picked the model which is another ranch with a 4th bedroom/playroom and we're replacing the formal dining room to make the kitchen & dinette bigger and adding a small computer room.

We made a lot offer the other night and are very excited because there is a creek & pond behind us - the closest neighbors behind us will be about 400 feet away (across the ponds). Our current yard now pies in the back so there are actually 2+ yards equal to ours which makes us feel a bit closed in now. One of the lots next to us will actually be a small pumping station for the city so no side neighbors on that side.

They're installing sewer lines & water pipes now so the city won't be able to approve for another 2 months so we'd be looking at a March/April move time. Hopefully we'll have a easy build with low stress and be able to sell our house in a timely manner so we don't have 2 payments and we don't need to move to a temporary location between the sale & move date.

We're keeping our trip this October to Disney, however we might have to skip next year since we'll have to landscape which doesn't come cheap. We'll have to make double memories this trip to make up for it. Plus I plan on doing some major shopping for the new house :)

Now if I can just figure out how to keep a bigger house clean ? :blush:

faline
07-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly!

SBETigg
07-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Congratulations! What a very exciting time for your family. Enjoy the planning!

Caroleh
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Congratulations!!!! We're having our first home built right now, and it's such an exciting time!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

princessjojo
07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
OOOOHHHH!!!! Building, though sometimes stressful, is so much fun. We are thinking of doing the same next year after I graduate. Makes my toes tingle just thinking about it.

Good luck!!! Hope things move smoothly along for you.

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 09:41 PM
:thumbsup: How exciting!! I hope everything continues to go well for you -- and to be able to keep your Disney trip going on schedule is GREAT!! Have fun as you get to look at all the fun stuff involved in building... :)

January-2007
07-27-2007, 09:05 AM
:congrats: I hope everything turns out perfectly, how exciting for you and your family!