PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite season to go to WDW

RAIDER
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Whats your favourite season to visit WDW and why ?

Mines Winter basically because i love the Christmas atmosphere

mttafire
07-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Currently our fav. time is late Spring..(May). After our son and soon to be 2nd child is born we will not be removing them from school when they get old enough.So we will have to go a different time. But for now..Its spring:mickey:

DisneyGRL7
07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
The large majority of my trips have been in February when its springtime warm already and crowded with school vacationers but when I went this past January I realized that winter was my favorite time. Crowds are low and the weather is warm enough for shorts and a light sweatshirt.

PeterPanFan
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
We like the fall....

DDuck66
07-25-2007, 10:10 AM
We have two favorite times..October for MNSSHP and May for our anniversary. Of course any time at WDW is better than time spent elsewhere.

DNS
07-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I went with autumn because that's when we often go, although we have gone many times in the spring also. We have not gone yet during the Christmas season, but we're seriously thinking about it next year or the year after. As of now though, I would have to say September and October is my favorite time to go.

DizNee143
07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
i love winter in disney...although fall isnt to bad either..but i love going to disney in January..it is thee best time to go!!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I voted spring as our trips have been mostly in May, except one in June and one in July. We are, however, going in August and December this year, so my choice will probably change to winter if we were to be asked this question again. :)

Mickey91
07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
We like fall. Love MNSSHP! We are going the last week of summer this year. Close enough!:mickey:

BMan62
07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Early fall is best for us. Late September crowds are very light and the weather, barring late season hurricanes, is quite comfortable.

Summer is way too hot. Winter would be nice, but the thought of coming home to snow and ice just doesn't make for a relaxing trip. Spring would also be nice, but we have avoided that due to 'Spring Break' crowds.

wdwfamily531
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
We love to go in the fall because it's usually not very crowded. Also, the weather is still warm without being too hot.

Pocahontas
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Winter is my favorite time to go to Disney. I would never go in the summer - can't take the heat and humidity.

DisneyFreak23
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Autumn is one of the best times to be in disney, especially this sept. with free dining and low crowds....

moe513
07-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Fall is great but havent been able to go back at this time since 1991. We go in August now.

Figgyluv03
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Fall and I can't wait to see it all decorated for Halloween!!!

DVCWDWMEMBER
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
We have gone to WDW at various times of the year and really enjoy going in the fall. Our second favorite is the winter time.

Polynesian Dweller
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Autumn is our favorite time. We have been in Winter and Spring but never summer (too hot). Autumn just seems to be a nice way to end the year and prepare for Christmas. Yet, it still warm enough to enjoy everything but not so that its uncomfortable. :mickey:

2Epcot
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Most of my trip have been in the Spring and Fall. I enjoy both times of the year. I voted for Spring, just because I enjoy that time of the year the most, and I prefer the warmer, but not summer time temperatures.

snifflesmcg
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I voted autumn because it's the slowest time of the year.

tomorrowschild
07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I am the only one who has picked summer. I know most of you are thinking "why would someone pick summer, it is so hot and crowded".
But, as a teacher summer is the only time I am able to go for more then 7 days. I have been very spoiled over the last few trips in July we have stayed for around 15 days! I also love hot weather, and in the summer the parks are open late- so my family makes use of that. Anyway I picked summer- but I do have my reasons.:cool:

DessertDivaFL
07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
We have gone Winter, Spring and Fall. I don't do the summer because it is too hot! Yes, I live in FL and I mind the heat. Go figure! :confused:

pogo
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Late April or early May is our favorites. :D

DisneyorBust
07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I love to go to WDW in December, before Christmas. I enjoy all of the festivities and decorations as well as the overall Holiday spirit that fills the air!

Lisaj13
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I've only been in September and October. As others have said, the weather's good and the crowds are lighter. And yes, being from the Great White North I'm not used to sustained high temps and humidity, so the summer would be my last choice.

LoriMistress
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I've only been during the fall (around November). There were some Christmas decorations, but not a lot. The weather was perfect and low crowds. This time we're going during December so we'll be surrounded by Christmas decorations.

droopy d.
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
We've always been in the fall but once in the spring and we prefer the fall.

LibertyTreeGal
07-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Winter, but my definition of winter is November - February :D

GrmGrninGost
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I have to say autumn! I love MNSSHP and the weather this time of year!

IloveDisney71
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I like to visit Disney when the Christmas decorations are up. My favorite time is during the first two weeks of December. :santa:

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
The weather is not too hot and not too cool. Timed correctly, you can hit MNSSHP.

Crow
07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
ive gone a lot in Autumn.
birthday is Sept 7 so ive gone around there. schools are back, its not quite as hot
id love to go around the holiday season in Nov/Dec to see the decor.
otherwise ive gone in May for Star Wars weekends and F&G

CU Tiger
07-25-2007, 09:31 PM
We have gone in the spring for the past four years. In May, we get good room rates and the parks are not crowded at all! :thumbsup: :mickey:

jenperich
07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I chose spring, but only becuase that's the only time I remember going to the World. I did go one time in February, but I was really little and really don't remember being there that well. However, this time we're going in November, and everyone is telling me that I will love it. So, I'm hoping that I will love it. Duh, it's WDW, of course I'm going to love it. :mickey:

LauraleeH
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Autumn! Fall is my favorite season and I love MNSSHP...amazing. But winter is a close second. Christmas is wonderful and my birthday is in February, so we always go then. Went once in May :ack: but I can't stand the heat...I'm not a spring/summer person. Still, it is Disney World :mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I guess I am in the minority with a Summer vote here! We love to travel in the summer. We both work in school districts so it makes traveling easier and the airfare has some good rates. Besides that there is nothing more magical than the magic kingdom on a summer night!:cloud9:

Mickey 101
07-26-2007, 12:30 AM
I voted for winter. Our favorite time is January because of the low crowds. The weather is a little "iffy", but the quiet parks more than make up for it. Second best is December......so its wintertime for us. :thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
07-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Free dining is my FAVORITE time to go :mickey:

Bluesky481
07-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Our best trip thus far was in December...hopefully going back this coming January...just can't beat the winter crowds or weather (even though FL winters can get pretty chilly, it's never as bad as the weather in northern IN) :thumbsup:

dog-ears
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I've been in the spring and winter (and we've consciously avoided summer) but like the majority my favorite time of year is autumn. We usually go in October or early November because the weather is still nice and the crowds are fairly small.

jszczur5
07-26-2007, 03:27 PM
We like to go at the end of (Canadian) summer. We travel to Florida at the end of August and stay for two weeks. Even though this means that our boys miss the first week of school, we think the Disney experience is worth it. The crowds are noticeably thinner after Labour Day, the weather is still hot, but not oppressive and the last few years of free dining have been unbeatable.

RAIDER
07-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Ive been in april ,september ..but when we went in Dec weve never looked back and always gone back then ( ie the first week ) ..nothing beats that xmas atmosphere :thumbsup:

mermaidmarian
07-27-2007, 06:28 AM
May is our favorite time of year to visit WDW.

I think December and January would be my least preferred times to go - when we went for MVMCP in 2005, I was really surprised at how short the daylight hours were (I had just never given it any thought beforehand!) and for us, it made our Disney days feel shorter. For that reason we would probably not return at that time of year.

DisneyJunkie
07-27-2007, 07:58 AM
We always prefer to go in mid-to-late September. Right around this time most kids are going back to school, so the family element in the parks is way down (for the most part), and the weather is still beautiful, and it's the off-season so it's a bit cheaper. I wouldn't go in December because I don't want to be surrounded by all of that Christmas garbage, plus it's the cooler time of the year. I prefer 80+ degree weather.

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Autumn for us.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Because of my work schedule, I have to go to WDW in the Summertime :smickey:

burnt orange
07-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm with you. I also teach school and as much time and energy as we crowd into 7 days or so, I need down time after the vacation to recuperate. Being from Texas, I also kind of enjoy the hot weather, although you would not know it this Summer in Texas. What a great feeling to get on Pirates of the Carribean and feel that cold air inside or a wonderful break on the TTA ( I still call it the People Mover) in the middle of the afternoon. I have to say that I have been twice the week before Christmas and it is the most beautiful time in the year to see WDW. Let's face it--Anytime is a great time to visit Disney!:mickey:

MickeysEars
07-28-2007, 03:53 PM
we love spring and winter. Winter for the Christmas party and spring for Star Wars:darth::trooper::yoda::chewy:

realtreebar
07-29-2007, 09:43 AM
january after MLK weekend less crowds and almost have the parks to your self!!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Definitely winter!! Specifically, January. It's beautiful weather - not too hot, not too cold. We don't even recall any afternoon rains. There are virtually no lines to wait in. We have been at all times of the year (March, May, June, July, August, September, & January) :mickey: