PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #95

King Triton
07-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Way back in Question #66, I asked you which was your favorite character meal: breakfast or dinner. I was a little surprised that breakfast won so easily. So I'm going to expand the question a little.

For which meal (both character and non-character) do you make the most advance dining reservations: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Y100Q96 will be on the Theme Park board,probably on Thursday.

Its almost time for the review of questions 81-90. There is still a poll or two open, so that will be posted either late this week or early next week.

BritCody
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Easily Dinner. We typically go to WDW for around 10 days. In that time we might make 2 breakfast ADR's compared to 9 or 10 Dinner ADR's. Dinner for us in a landslide

KAT1811
07-25-2007, 09:44 AM
We most often do the dinners as well. The only breakfasts we do are CRT and CP because we love the princesses (with 3 princesses of our own) and we love the breakfast buffet at CP.

We feel that our time is better spent enjoying a relaxing dinner after a long day of touring the parks. When we get up in the morning we just want to grab a quick breakfast and then off we go. Too much to see and do in WDW.

We also avoid lunch ADRs because they seem to take too much touring time away. We don't take mid-day breaks, just keep on going, so our lunches are typically CS and we're off again. On the mornings that we do a breakfast ADR many times our lunch consists of ice cream, dol whips, or some other "world" snack!

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Our family is populated with nightowls. It's a chore to get us up for breakfast. We occasional do CRT breakfast. At lunch we may do Crystal Palace but generally we do counter service. The food a WDW counter resturants is great and it gives us the flexibilty to be spontaneous mid-day. Our dinner ADR are usually at resort resturants.

wedway fan
07-25-2007, 10:18 AM
in the past, we've only made ADR's for character meals, which for us are usually breakfast. so, i picked breakfast.

that will likely change for our trip next year, though, as it will be our first with the DDP. so for the next YO100Q poll, i'll answer dinner.

Mickey91
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
For ADRs we usually make more dinner reservations when we use the dining plan. But, without the DDP, most of our TS experience is at Breakfast.

Becky'sMom
07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
For the trip we just got back from, we had 13 ADR's. 2 of those were breakfast - CRT and O'Hana. 2 were lunch - Hollywood & Vine and Akershus. The remaining 9 were dinner - Le Cellier, Fulton Crabhouse, Victoria & Albert's, Crystal Palace, Jiko, Mama Melrose, Bistro De Paris, Chef Mickey's and Boma - very fond memories - can't wait to go back!
Lauren

darthmacho
07-25-2007, 10:44 AM
So many great restaurants, and since breakfast is generally just eggs, ham, and toast, the best way to sample the true flavor of a restaurant is to eat dinner there. :mickey:

RAIDER
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Lunch for me so i can walk it off in the park :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Dinner! It's a nice way to relax after a long day in the parks!

Tynkerbelle
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
It's a close call between breakfast & dinner, but I think dinner wins out. We rarely make lunch ADR's - that's when we use our counter service credits.

LibertyTreeGal
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Except for Liberty Tree Tavern, our must do lunch, we make all of ours for dinner. We are not big breakfast eaters and we would much rather get to the parks while people are breakfast and sleeping in :D

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I have ADR's for every nights dinner. I usually do a breakfast or two at Kona (Gotta have the tonga toast) or Boma, maybe even Cindy's. If we have a later dinner and not enough time to "walk it off" in the park, we stroll around our resort or DTD.

Polynesian Dweller
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Dinner. Generally lunch is easier to get into a restaurant and often its counter service to save time.

snifflesmcg
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I am in no way a breakfast person and lunch is almost just like dinner. I voted for dinner. It's my fav meal of the day.

Lizzie
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
This is our first time on the DDP and we made all our adr's for dinner except three. We tried to avoid lunch just so we would have flexability on getting back to the hotel for naps. And only a couple of breakfasts because the kids like to eat right when they get up.

DessertDivaFL
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I picked lunch because I prefer to have a TS meal with less crowds. We make lunch the main meal and then have a lighter dinnner or just a pizza. I know I am not the norm on this but that is how we do it.

fielin
07-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I voted Dinner, but Breakfasts are a close second !

In fact, I will not make an ADR for lunch, except if a specific restaurant that I really want to try is not available for breakfast or dinner.

I get lunch because I have to, so it is counter serice for me.

avantgardeinker
07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
We almost always do ADR's for dinner. We don't like to eat a big, heavy meal while we're running around the parks. And it's nice to sit down around the table after a long day at the parks and reflect on the Magic of the day.

134 more days!
:mickey:

WDWfeelslikehome
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Sometimes we have no idea where the day will take us, but we know where it will end. With a air conditioned sit down dinner, actually it's not the end of the day, just the beginning of the night.:secret::thumbsup:

LoriMistress
07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I make ADRs for both actually. For the "must have" character meals I picked breakfast. But as a whole, I made more ADRs for lunch and dinner.

GrmGrninGost
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Since we started doing the DDP, I would say we make a lot more ADRs for dinner. Before, we made more for breakfast. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I voted for dinner. I like to have a relaxing meal toward the end of the day, but it's also a great way to refuel for EMH's!

mainemajor
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Breakfasts come too early in the day and are good only to get you through until lunch. I find lunches in the middle of the day work better for CS quick meals at the park. Dinner is a time made more for dining, relaxing and wrapping up a long day and that is why we make more ADR's for dinner. After dinner we do not go go go like during the day

tinksmom02
07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I voted for more dinner ADR's, but I think it's close...I like to split it up so we typically have a few of each on our trip. Right now our Sept ADR's are 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners.

c&d
07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
We sooo don't know what park we're going to during the day, that it making lunch reservations would be hard. We just go with the flow and decide when we wake up what park we'll go to.

The only parks we definitely know we are going to are those with EM night hours and so we'll make ADR's in that park.

Wrigley
07-27-2007, 02:07 PM
We tend to make the most ADR's for breakfast. We make them for other meals as well, but I believe the most for breakfast. We like to get into the parks early so that is one way to do that! I LOVE the Crystal Palace!!!!!!:mickey:

mdearmas
08-05-2007, 09:23 AM
We Make mostly breakfast ADR's when we do make them but my DW and I usually tend to do Counter Service type meals since we are there so often!
:goofy:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 09:38 PM
We usually only make reservations for special occasions, and when we do it is usually for breakfast, and once in a while for dinner.