PDA

View Full Version : First time fearful flier leaves in a few hours

Bubbie Girl
07-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Hello it is just me the fearful first time flier and it is about time for my first flight to WDW. I leave early A.M.for my 7:00 A.M. flight. It will be about a 2 1/2 hour flight for me. We have always driven and it takes about 24 hours so I am so looking forward to being there quick. I am nervous about the flight but right now I am feeling pretty good about it. Please send prayers and wishes for a great flight. I am going with my DH, and DBIL and SIL. I know we will have a blast as we are all HUGE WDW fans. I will let you know how it goes when I return. Oh and that by the way is Mon. late afternoon. Thanks for all the good luck wishes.

r4kids
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
We have flown several times over the last several years and it's not too bad. Make sure and take gum for your ears popping, a couple of magazines to read and enjoy. Just think you will be in Disney before you know it. Flying is safer than driving! Have a great time and good luck!! We're flying in Sept.!!!:magic: :pixie:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-24-2007, 06:44 PM
You are going to be FINE!!! Concentrate on how much fun you're "fixing" (Southern word;)
)to have, and picture yourself walking down Main Street and smelling the waffle cones. Know that the rest of us are SO jealous, and wishing we were right next to you on the plane. Wear comfortable clothes, grab something to drink (water?:mickey:)at the airport, and your favorite magazine to read. I have sort of a routine--seated by the right wing, with a bottled water and a People magazine....But one time I tried a cheaper magazine with the same "light" reading, and the plane got there just fine! HAVE FUN!!!
:plane: :pixie: :mjump:

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 06:55 PM
You'll be fine. Have a great trip and enjoy yourselves. Just think you aren't stuffed in a car for 24 hours. YIPPYYYYYYYY:mickey:

debandbub
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Bubbie Girl... I am Bubbie, too! And I LOVE flying, so I know you will, too. Yes, bring the gum and a magazine, and you'll be there before you know it. You'll be just fine...and you'll be in WDW!!! Have fun, and don't forget to stop back and let us know what you thought! :mickey:

T-Belle
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm not the bravest :scared:flier either. I find reading short , nonsence fluff like The National Enquirer or Star magazine's help to keep my mind off the fact that I'm in the air. Sounds silly, doesn't it?? But it works for me. This by the way is the only time I'll read that garbage! It's also a plus that you have other's with you to talk to.
:pixie: I'll be sending good thought's and Pixie Dust your way.

Christine
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Please don't worry. You'll be okay!!

Whenever I fly, if I hear a "funny" sound or feel a funny bump, I look at the flight attendants. If they're not freaking out, than I know it's nothing to worry about!

That calms me down a lot since they fly ALL the time and know every sound and feel of the airplane.

vamaggie
07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Just think about what you are going to be able to do with those extra 21.5 hours you'll have at WDW by flying vs driving! :mickey: Mindless reading and some tunes with headphones will help make the trip "fly" by. Since you are going in the early am--catch a nap so you are rested and ready to go. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!

disneymom15
07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree with the other posts. You'll be fine. Like everyone said, bring a magazine or Ipod, close your eyes and take a little nap. You'll be there before you know it. Have fun.

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree with everyone. I am not sure if your flight has food but I always make sure I have some water and snacks just incase.

Dizneyfan
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Have a great trip. Me and Dh will be flying for the first time in Sept. I am also a little nervous. I was told that flying is much better than driving. Good Luck.:mickey:

Disney Maniac
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
You will be fine!!! Also, I saw that you are from Illinois, are you flying out of Midway or O'Hare Airport??? If you are flying out of Midway the airport is very nice!!!:mickey:

Bubbie Girl
07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
:mickey:We are taking a bus from Rockford to O'Hare. Thanks everyone for all the good wishes and support. You guys are great!

pogo
07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I'll tell you what........ I'll trade places with you and you won't have to worry about flying, OK ? :confused:

Have a great trip. :D

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
You will do great!!! I am not a fan of flying either. We used to drive and started flying two years ago. After getting to The World in 2.5 hours verses 17+ I will not do anything but fly down. DH actually wanted to drive this year and I refused and insisted on flying. That is huge for me!!

Bring some magazines, sit and chat and think about where that plane is taking you. ;):mickey:

Have a great flight and wonderful trip!!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
If you're still reading these blogs - don't worry! My DH flies for work every week, sometimes several times a week! And I've flown countless times myself.

All told, nothing has ever happened...except we didn't like the in-flight movie or the guy in front of us leaned back a little too far. Not so bad, see?

Have a wonderful time-saving, get you there early so you can enjoy the fun fun fun of WDW flight!!!!!