PDA

View Full Version : What was your longest WDW vacation?

caryrae
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Not sure if this thread belongs here but will put it here.

What was the longest WDW vacation you have taken? My longest was 2 weeks, we mostly do 1 week but would love to do a 2 week one again sometime. I did find after the 2 week trip I missed being there more and longer then after the 1 week trips, I don't know why.

We could do the 2 week trip because we tagged along with my Aunt and Uncle who have a Timeshare (not DVC) so we didn't have to pay for a place to stay. We stayed at Orange Lake Resort first then second week we stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort, both were very nice.

I did however find the 2 week trip more relaxing because we didn't have to pack so much fun like with a 1 week trip. I loved having days where we could just relax and rest from a day of parks the day before.

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
We did a three week trip last year for our wedding and my two DD's went with us so it was also our family vacation, no honeymoon. That is coming in 17 days!!:blush:

IloveDisney71
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
My longest trip was for 7 days. I would love to spend 2 weeks there for a vacation. :mickey: In the warmer months, I enjoy visiting the water parks several times, but then I need more time at the other parks. :blush:

Bethanymouse
07-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Our longest trip was a few years ago, I believe we did 10 days. This trip in August will be my longest trip ever at 11 days!

denygold
07-24-2007, 05:57 PM
We've done eleven days on two seperate occasions.

ibrowse17
07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
We stayed for 15 days on our honeymoon in June 2006. We built in some days off and had an overall great time:thumbsup:

richardsa98
07-24-2007, 06:09 PM
11 Days:mickey:

LauraleeH
07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
My longest was 3 nights, and I ended up leaving early on the 2nd. I live a few hours away so I just drive home at the end of the day. But I would LOVE to spend a week or two there when I get married and have kids! :mickey:

WishingStar2006
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
This upcoming trip will be our longest...13 wonderful, spectacular days. We're gonna do water parks, DTD and resort pool for the 3 days without tickets.

We can't wait.:cloud9:

I read on another thread that there are some people who have rented a house for a month and gone for that long...now that is a GREAT idea....time to start planning!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
We did 12 days on our last trip. It was awesome. We had two waterpark days and a day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. We are going in September for a 8 day trip but I hope the one after that is a full 14 days. It gives you time to go slow and relax and not feel bad about sleeping in some days.

irish1967
07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Our longest - 7 days (and we stayed off-site :( - ok it wasn't that bad)

Our normal - 3 nights and 4 full days.

We do it that way so that we can go every year and stay where we want to stay.

DessertDivaFL
07-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Back when I was a kid we stayed two weeks in a Disney Treehouse. That was so fun!

IrishMickey
07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
We stayed for 10 days, it was great. I would love to stay for two weeks. :thumbsup:

psychotekkie
07-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Stayed 10 days onsite last summer. It was great but we won't be able to afford a trip that long again for a while.

For us, 10 days was the perfect amount of time. We felt like we had enough time to really enjoy what we wanted, so we didn't feel as sad when we had to go.

But that doesn't stop me from dying to get back all year!;)

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
We just got back on Saturday from our longest trip - 14 days in Orlando (not including the 4 days of driving). We did 3 days in Magic Kingdom, 3 days in Epcot, 2 days in Animal Kingdom, 1 day in MGM, I day at Typhoon Lagoon and 1 day at Disney Quest. The rest of the time (what little was left) we relaxed by the pool and went on the DVC open house.
Lauren

SBETigg
07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Our last one- ten heavenly days at the Polynesian. At the end of the ten days, we really didn't want to leave but we were all "parked" out. I could have taken up residence at the Poly and happily stayed without heading back to a park for awhile.

A few weeks after we were home, the DH was saying that it was more than enough time and the next time, we probably didn't need ten days. But when planning our next trip, he happily agreed to eleven days (hee hee). I plan a few days of relaxing between park days to make sure we don't burn out on parks this time.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
This year my husband and I will be going for eleven days from Nov.7th thru Nov. 17th. It will be one of our longest trips yet. We usually go anywhere from 8 to 10 days. We'll be celebrating our ten year anniv. on this years' trip. We our counting the days.....can't wait!!!!!!!!! :sulley::santa::santa3:

Clotho
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
We went for 8 days last time, and are going for 10 days this year. Friends ask us why on a second trip we would actually go longer. They think that after having gone for 8 days before, we have less things we really need or want to see. They have no idea! This time we not only want to see the things we fell in love with last time, but we also want to see all the things we didn't get to last time, or spend more time doing the same things, and don't forget pool time, and we didn't get to the water parks, and we want to sleep in some more, and we want to explore our resort more... I don't see how I could go for LESS time! LOL

When we were there last, we met a couple who were from Holland who had been there for a full month. Ah to have European holiday standards!

LoriMistress
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Last time was 8 nights/7 days. This time will be 11 days/11 nights.

wdwnomad
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
My longest was 8 days last year. I thought that was the perfect amount of park time. I am doing 8 days again this year. As a true Disney planner, I am already planing my next trip before this one even happens. I am thinking of doing a water park next year which would mean I need to do 9 days.

Jared
07-24-2007, 10:50 PM
I once took a one-week trip. Staying for even that long was expensive, especially at a Disney resort. Five or six days is a perfect length for my family.

snifflesmcg
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
When I was a kid, in 1988 and 1989 we did two week each time. This year I'll just have to settle for 9 days.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
We usually stay 8-9 days. This trip it will be 10 days, 9 nights (So, our longest is coming ;)). We are really looking forward to those couple of extra days! :mickey:

izy
07-25-2007, 06:56 AM
10 days-too short, 365 would be nice:mickey::thumbsup:

disneycouple2004
07-25-2007, 08:44 AM
:D
This is unreal, but one summer we stayed at OKW for 6 weeks !!..had alot of points to use up we had banked, and our family had some points they were about to lose, so we used them too !!...we had so much fun !..its was so relaxing not to hurry about...we seen and done everything !!..some things 2-3 times..:cloud9:

Disney_Barbie
07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Every other year my family does a 16-day-er. it's only two work-weeks but we leave the friday morning, and come back sunday nt, so we have 3 full weekends and 2 full weeks. It's devine :cloud9:

mook3y
07-25-2007, 08:59 AM
3 years ago was our firs trip, 8 days.
Last year 11 days
This year 13 days.

By my calculations by the time I am in my 60's, we should be moving in full time! :D

I agree about the posting of people not understanding why we stay longer each time. They have never been and just dont "get it". Oh well... less crowds for us! lol

RAIDER
07-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I am not sure if this counts but i was on vacation in Florida for just over 3 weeks back in the 1990s
to which we did all the theme parks and sites of Florida such as the Everglades , Key West ,Clearwater etc ...
Otherwise its the normal annual 2 week vacation to Orlando :mickey::thumbsup:

LauraF
07-25-2007, 09:17 AM
My answer is "NOT LONG ENOUGH!"

But since that's not what you probably want, the longest I was ever there was 9 days.

AdventurerKim
07-25-2007, 10:38 AM
12 days is my longest stay in WDW, and I love more than anything to be there now.

Mickey91
07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
10 nights, 9days:mickey:

DNS
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
10 days for us.

BMan62
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Our longest was our first - 8 days/nights. Since it was my first trip I wanted to have 2 days in each park (yeah, like one park per day was going to happen!! :blush:)

I thought that was just about right. DW was homesick for her animals (at the time 3 cats and a dog) and we needed a vacation to get over the vacation!

One thing we do insist on, however, is that we go mid-week to mid-week. That way we can get 7-8 days in with only one weekend (DW works weekends as a nurse) and we can avoid most of the busier days of the week.

Our last trip was only 4 days and it was not nearly long enough!!

dizneeat
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Longest trip - 6 full weeks. It is wonderful not to feel rushed and enjoy a relax day now and then. We even got to visit all the resorts during that stay.
Other than that we usually stay for three weeks.

DisneyFreak23
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
our upcoming trip will be my longest :9 nights and 10 days.

44 days!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

DizNee143
07-25-2007, 11:54 AM
so far it has been 10 nights/11 days...it was great...at the time it was a bit long for me and my family..but i sooo wouldnt mind doing it again!!! :mickey:

Figgyluv03
07-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Two months if count me working there!!! I would have beent here for six months if 9/11 never happened!

SurferStitch
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
DH and I were at WDW for 12 days last December, but only did the parks on 10 days.

This year we're getting AP's, so we'll be doing the full 12 days in December. And, since we arrive at WDW around 9:00 am on the first day, and don't have to leave WDW until around 6:00 pm on our last day, we'll be able to do plenty of park time on the first and last days!!

TikiGoddess
07-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Strangely enough, our longest trip ever has been 3 nights, 4 days. We do go just about every year though, and sometimes twice a year (only two days in the parks each trip). I would rather go for 2 short trips in two years than do a week long trip every other year. Wait two years to go to Disney?? I don't know if I could do that!

We are planning a week long trip for 2008/2009. We'll see how that works out -- it will probably involve alternating park days and rest days, as we will be going in the summer.

TikiG

sashiroo
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
My longest was 13 days. We drove down from KC. It was with my parents and sister when I was 15. We had a blast! Yacht Club had just opened and we stayed there the whole time. We LOVED Storm-Along Bay. I'm hoping to be able to do a trip like that again someday with my DH & DS's.

k_reile
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
My longest trip was in 1998. We were down there with my high school band and marched in the afternoon parade at MK. We stayed with the band for about 4 days and then I stayed about a week longer with my parents and grandparents. That was the longest trip but it was also the best....not a whole lot of my friends got to stay longer in WDW...we were pretty lucky.

tomorrowschild
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
16 fun and relaxing days! July 2006. We had a blast! 10 nights at the SWAN and 6 nights in a 2 bedroom Villa at SSR. :mickey:

AllDisney
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Our longest trip was Dec.06. We stayed for 7 days. At the end of our vacation I didn't feel exhausted or feel that I had missed anything that I wanted to do. Of course, we still haven't found the time on our many WDW trips to play mini golf....but one these days we'll do that!

We are returning in Sept.07 for another 7 day vacation, only this time we have FREE dining:mickey:

I think I'd like to try a 9 day vacation and spend one entire day exploring the resorts we've not stayed at or stopped by to check out. I think I'd like to spend 1/2 day sitting around the pool for a couple hours before heading to the parks.

tinkerbell04
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
2 weeks has been our longest, but our normal length is anywhere from 6-9 nights.:mickey:

CandleontheWater
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM
When I was 8 we did 2 weeks at the world, one week at a Days Inn offsite and one week at the CR. I wish I could do a two week vacation now-a-days, but we're DVC members, so maybe thats in our future. DH and I are doing 8 days in Oct and 8 days in Nov, (2 separate trips) which will be heavenly compared to our usually weekend trips!

dyin tago
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
16 days sept 2001 at por,10 days july 2004 at por,14 days sept 2006 at pop with free dining and 14 days this sept at asm with free dining again!:mickey: amazing,fourth trip and just as excited as on the first one!:)

LudwigVonDrake
07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
My longest trip was 8 days though at some point, I'd like to stay for 10 days :mickey:

Magic Smiles
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Our first trip was 7 days - way too short. Our second trip was 2 weeks - still too short. Our third trip (which was our last trip) was 20 nights. Now that was more like it. My DH was actually able to relax a little. DS kept me busy most of the time though. Our upcoming trip is for 16 nights in Dec 07. This seems so short now to us. We do however also visit Universal, IOA, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Cocoa Beach while staying in WDW. We won't be going to Busch Gardens nor Cocoa Beach this time as we have to cut out something. As we pay so much for our flights from Canada, we want to make the most of it.

mttafire
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
7 days.:mickey: The all seem to run 7 days.

garymacd
07-26-2007, 12:08 AM
:D
This is unreal, but one summer we stayed at OKW for 6 weeks !!..had alot of points to use up we had banked, and our family had some points they were about to lose, so we used them too !!...we had so much fun !..its was so relaxing not to hurry about...we seen and done everything !!..some things 2-3 times..:cloud9:

Man! I thought we were overindulging ourselves! We went for four weeks. The U.S custom agent at Detroit must have thought we were terrorists or something. She didn't believe we could spend that much time there.

We spent the first part of the trip at CBR. Then a few days away visiting an aunt and uncle in Hollywood and a couple more on the gulf coast visiting another park sponsored by a beer company. But then back to the Poly for a few more days before we started the long trek back home.

All that was when we could only buy ten-day tickets, so we had to parcel our days carefully to still have time left at the end.

Tink#64
07-26-2007, 12:17 AM
We keep adding more days each trip! Our first trip was only 4 park days + arrival day, we went to DTD. Last year we were there for 9 days & it's still not enough! Hope to extend that again next trip!:mickey:

2Epcot
07-26-2007, 12:36 AM
We have done two 10 day trips, both of those were the longest trips. On both we fit in Universal, and the Space Center. Seemed like the perfect amount of time. I wish we could do more that long, most are just a week.

Janie
07-26-2007, 09:14 AM
14 days, we stayed off site at the doubletree, bought an annual pass and wandered in every day at some point! It was great ... every other trip has had just 7 nights in Orlando - but our first trip was just a 4 day pass, second and third a five ... now I get entry for as long as we're there ... can't wait untill February!

magicofdisney
07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
My longest trip was 9 days. But this year of season passes, we've done the previously mentioned 9 day trip, two 5 day trips and a planned 8 day trip in September. We've also done several 3 days trips within this year as well. Gosh, I love those season passes! :mickey: All trips have been on site at the Value resorts.

crazeedizneefinatic
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Our longest trip is coming up in September this year. We are going for 10 glorious days! Our normal is 7 days. We once stayed for 5 and I was so depressed to leave, it felt like we just got there. I hope to do a full 14 days next year!:mickey:

January-2007
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
The longest WDW vacation for us so far has been our Honeymoon, which was 9 nights. However, our next trip is going to be the longest ever, at 13 nights. We probably won't be able to go that long again because of DH's career, but gosh will we enjoy it!!

caryrae
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Well it looks like alot pf people will be taking their longest WDW vacation on their next trip.:mjump::magic:

Soul_Power
07-26-2007, 10:38 PM
My longest (and only, haha) trip to WDW was eight days. My boyfriend and I thought this would be enough time to do/see everything we wanted to do, but we still missed out on a few things! I'm really jealous of those of you who stay for two weeks - I'm hoping to do that if/when I go back in two years or so.

LovinWDW
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Our past 4 trips have all been for 2 weeks. It is much more relaxing and gives you a few days to sleep in and relax at the pool. I'm trying to talk the wife into a 3 week stay!:thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
10 days. We had the Dining plan and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge 7 nights and the POP 2 nights. A wonderful experience.:mickey:

jszczur5
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Our longest trip was 10 days. We had the 10 day Park Hopper with Waterparks and more, with free dining. Because we hit at least two parks a day, it really felt like we were there longer.
We will be having the same trip in another 33 days and counting...