PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations for 5 Adults

Llamaface23
07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Just curious, which WDW hotels have rooms accommodating 5 adults? I know most have a maximum occupancy of 4 but am hoping to find someplace that will allow 5 adults in the same room. Next year we are celebrating my mother's 'special birthday' (50th) and she, myself (23), my boyfriend (24), brother (26), and sister (20) will all be going down for the festivities. I know we could do 2 separate rooms (as we have done it before) but I am curious if there are any on property rooms that accept 5. We will be going during the value season for the deluxe, moderates, and value resorts. Any ideas?

Thanks!

k_reile
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I would suggest one of the villa properties...I think they would be able to accomodate 5 adults. Though, I cannot reccomend one because I have never stayed at one.

PeterPanFan
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I know that all star music has a suite that holds 5. Also you can have 5 at the grand floridian. I think with 5 adults you would still be best with 2 connecting rooms.

BronxTigger
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
The Yacht and Beach Club do have rooms with a day bed, but they are not really designed for adults. If the adult is short they will be able to fit, but otherwise you will have a problem. Also, I don't know if it's even allowed.

Another option, as somebody mentioned, are the villas or suites, but you have to check on the sleeping arrangements. Some of the beds are sofa beds, which may not be what you want.

The best option is probably two connecting rooms. That way, you will get 4 full or queen beds and two bathrooms.

SBETigg
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Most deluxes with the possible exception of the AKL and WL can accommodate 5 adults. But it isn't necessarily a comfortable arrangement. The daybeds are a tad small for adults. It's doable if you're willing to crunch in together. Two rooms would be a lot more comfortable, or one of the DVC properties.

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
With a year to plan, you may have alot of luck "renting" a 3 bedroom grand villa from one of the DVC owners.
Owners who cannot, for whatever reason, use their vacation points before they expire will "rent" them....ie: they will charge you for the use and make the reservation for you on your behalf. The going rate is somewhere around $10 per point required. the number of points you would need would depend on exactly when you are going,, which WDW DVC resort you want and how many bedrooms you need.
But, you will have plently of room for everyone with the 3 bedroom! And you'll have 3 baths, a full and fully stocked kitchen, a living room and a dining room - all on Disney property with full Disney resort guest priviledges!
Just be careful to check the advice on this site about making sure you're dealing with someone reputable.
Lauren

tomorrowschild
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Like the above posters have said it is possible to do 5 adults in the deluxe resorts, but it would be very crowded. 2 rooms is very much the way to go. Or I would do a villa. The 2 bedroom villas at the SSR are very nice, and are a bit cheaper then the other DVC villas. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-24-2007, 04:09 PM
The accomodations for 5 in a standard deluxe resort room is 2 queen beds and a daybed. If that's an option that's okay with your group you have a choice of the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian. The daybeds in the other deluxes aren't really long enough for a full sized adult. $259 - $435 per night depending on the view you select. Also, there's an additional $25 per night charge for each adult over the limit of 2. So factor in that extra $75 to the nightly rate.

Another option is a junior suite/deluxe room at the WL. This room holds 6 people with a bedroom containing 2 queen beds and the living room with a queen sleep sofa. $485 per night includes club level services and I believe that because it's classified as a suite, there is no addtional adult fee.

For values, there are the family suites, but only 1 "real" bed and the rest are convertible from the living room furniture. $179 per night

5 guests would fit into a 2 bedroom Villa unit. $515 - $595 depending on which resort and again no additional charge for the extra adults.

I would look at your bedding requirements (who's sharing a bed with who) and base your resort choice on that. Maybe your mom would be more comfortable booking two rooms, one for the girls and one for the guys. If that's the case, then you can pick any resort and request connecting rooms. In terms of comfort and bathroom space, I think 2 rooms is probably the way to go.

magicofdisney
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Maybe the cabins? :mickey:

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I just looked up the point charge and if you wanted to rent from a DVC owner, your best deal would be at Old Key West. If you're traveling anytime beside Christmas or Easter, you should be able to get the 3 bedroom grand villa for between $3,560 and $5,001 for a week, this is regardless of how many people you have with you (sleeps up to 12 maximum).
If that's not too expensive for you, it sure would be a great way to celebrate your Mom's birthday in style!
Lauren

mprewitt
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
5 guests would fit into a 2 bedroom Villa unit. $515 - $595 depending on which resort and again no additional charge for the extra adults.

A 2 bedroom DVC villa will sleep 8 people, as you get two king-size beds and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

TammiMcMan
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
A 2 bedroom DVC villa will sleep 8 people, as you get two king-size beds and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.Yup, that's why I mentioned it. The one bedroom would be too small.

Which DVC has that layout you described in the 2 bedroom? That bedding seems to only sleep up to 6 (king bed =2, king bed =2, queen sofa =2). In SSR and WL, I know the dedicated layouts are a master bedroom with king bed, 2nd bedroom with 2 queens and a living room with the queen sleeper sofa. Plenty of beds for everyone to be comfortable and mom would have privacy.