PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

PeterPanFan
07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I have heard that this gets pretty crowded I was wondering what is the best night to go see this show. We will be there for 8 nights so what is the best night to go? Weekend, early in the week? I am assuming not on a night when there are extra magic hours.

Thanks for the help!

:mickey:

ImagiAsh
07-24-2007, 09:36 AM
This show is usually crowded no matter what. But, there are a LOT of seats and I've never had a problem getting in (even if I was the very last person in line). Your best bet is to line up at least a half an hour before the show and you should have no problems getting in. And I agree that you should avoid Extra Magic Hour nights, because those are likely to be even more crowded. :mickey:

Jaguars91885
07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
If you don't mind staying at MGM (and staying up) past 10:00, some nights there is a second showing. From my experience, there is a much smaller crowd for the second show of the night.

Lynn J Mc
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
We always do the Fantasmic Dinner package. You get to go in the back door and don't have to waste time lining up. We have to eat any way. We usually eat at Hollywood and Vine. you have to ask for the package. It doesnt' cost extra but does require that you eat at certain restaurants.

JPL
07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
If you don't mind staying at MGM (and staying up) past 10:00, some nights there is a second showing. From my experience, there is a much smaller crowd for the second show of the night.
I agree the second showing of any nighttime show or parade is always your best bet :thumbsup:

We always do the Fantasmic Dinner package. You get to go in the back door and don't have to waste time lining up. We have to eat any way. We usually eat at Hollywood and Vine. you have to ask for the package. It doesnt' cost extra but does require that you eat at certain restaurants.

If I plan on seeing Fantasmic this is a must for me. I look at it this way I have to eat and I want to see the show so I can't go wrong here:thumbsup:

JabberJaws
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
It all depends on when your trip is. Back when I worked at F! (was in 2002 so things may have changed), during the summer season, Wed. were, surprisingly, the busiest day at MGM and therefore among the busiest days for F!

I agree with Jaguars91885 that, if there is a 2nd show, these are always much less crowded. If not, or if your trip is not during the summer, just go during a weekday and arrive at least 30 minutes early, if not earlier. Its a bummer to have to sit in those bleachers for 30-45 minutes, but a beer or hotdog will help make the time go by quicker!:cheers:

mickey-mouse35
07-24-2007, 07:13 PM
It doesnt' cost extra but does require that you eat at certain restaurants.

Is this true? I think Hollywood and Vine is same price, but MM and HBD seemed more pricey than if you ordered off menu.

IrishMickey
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Hollywood and Vine is a buffet maybe thats why it is the same price, the food is pretty good, especially the desserts. This is the only way we see Fantasmic is with the priority seating package, saves time and you are going to eat anyway.

Buzz_Burbank
07-25-2007, 04:53 AM
As previously mentioned the second show on nights that have two shows is far less crowded. Normally you can walk in 5-10 minutes before the start with no problem I went to the second show three times back in June and two of the shows were only 1/3 to 1/2 full. The other show was on an Extra Magic night and it was almost full. As long as it''s not on an Extra Magic night the second show is the only way to go IMHO.

T-MAC2
07-25-2007, 05:15 AM

Eat at Hollywood and Vine?good!:mickey:

disneyfan328
07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
It looks to me like you are going in September as are we and from the reserach that I have done we have shorter park hours and there are NO second shows of any of the nighttime shows from what I can tell. Fantasmic is each night at 8pm during our week ( 22-30th) so make sure you check all that out before you go.

SBETigg
07-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm going against group logic and saying to go on an evening EMH night, get one of the dining packages, and get to your seat about an hour before the show. On the evening EMH nights, you might miss my least favorite part of Fantasmic-- the mass exodus toward the park exits once Fantasmic ends. With EMH, a lot of the guests might funnel back into the park instead of crowding toward the exit. It's just a thought. I haven't tried it.

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Good suggestions above.
There are some who line up 2 hours (or more) in advance of the show to get front & center seating. NOT us!

We usually stick to the second show (if available) and show up 15 minutes before showtime. We travel when schools are out (so everything's busy) but have never had a problem getting a seat at the second show. In fact, during many performances, the far left side of the stadium (looking towards the stage) has (literally) hundreds of empty seats.

We've used the Fantasmic! package numerous times as well - we prefer Brown Derby, we do accept Mama Melrose's, but we'll no longer do H&V. (Too bad of an experience there - personal preference, I guess!)

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
As one who once got stuck in the "standing room only" section, I strongly urge you to book a Fantasmic dinner package. We do this everytime now. I will never do SRO ever again. You cannot see a thing, especially if you are vertically challenged (I'm not overweight, I'm under tall). We have done both Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's. Both are wonderful treats and you receive your pass to the back enterance of the theater, there is special seating for those guests only. Also, if you do the package, you must go to the first showing of the night only. Have fun!

16 more days.