PDA

View Full Version : Spa at SSR or Buena Vista Palace

Dizneyfan
07-24-2007, 12:56 AM
We are arriving in Disney on Sept 1. We have reservations starting Sept 2-7. My question is what hotel should we stay at on the 1st? We are going to be going to the spa and Cirque de Soleil. We would like to stay somewhere that is close to DTD. We were originally going to go to the Spa at SSR. After researching on the net we came across the Buena Vista Palace located in DTD. After researching the hotel we discovered that there is a spa in that hotel. Should we go to the spa there or at SSR? I think that the cost is about the same. We are thinking that it would probably be easier to go to the one at the hotel that we are staying in that night the Buena Vista Palace. Has anyone ever experienced this one or not? In your opinion which one is better?:confused: Your opinions would really help.
Thanks:thumbsup: Also if you have stayed at this hotel before what do you think about it?

TexasPrincessAurora
07-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I can't speak about the spa at BVP, but the one at SSR is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had facials and foot treatments and were very pleased with both. You can't go wrong with the spa at SSR.

Dizneyfan
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup: Not meaning to be nosy but around how much did it cost for one person at SSR?

tinktude
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree with TexasPrincess the spa at SSR was fantastic. I had an aromatherapy facial and my DH had a massage. It was the most pleasant expierence of our trip.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I'll send you a PM with the link to the official website for the spa. You can find all the specific rates there.

KevGuy
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I got the following from the last email update from AllEarsnet...I think the SSR spa is your best bet if all things are even especially the cost.....:mickey:

"Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa and the Vista Spa , onboard the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, have been named among the top spas by Conde Nast Traveler readers. Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa was rated fifth overall, receiving a perfect score for Other Activities. Spas aboard Disney Cruise Line were ranked third in cruise line spas for treatments, staff/service, cabins and workout facilities. More than 5,000 Conde Nast Traveler readers rated 429 spas they had visited in the past three years. "

Dizneyfan
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all of the great info.:thumbsup: I think that we are going to go with the SSR spa. Your opinions really helped me in making my decision.:mickey: