PDA

View Full Version : Crowds: Jan 1st - 7th?

kbwatzka
07-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Hello -

Disney's value season typically begins January 1st. I assumed that generally means fewer people. My kids are out of school the entire first week of January - I'm not sure if that's true with schools across the board this year, or not. We are planning on being in Disney World Jan 1st - 7th (Tuesday through Monday). I expect that the first day or so might still be crowded due to the holiday but I was hoping things would die down a little after that. I'm concerned that won't be the case since our agent at Magical Journeys told us that the Wilderness Lodge (where we are staying) was nearly booked when we made our reservations in June.

Do I need to prepare myself for very large crowds? Our children are relatively young (7, 5 and 2) so I was really hoping that we wouldn't be overwhelmed with crowds.

faline
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Basically, it really all depends on the school calendars. If many schools, like your own school, have that entire week off, you can expect that the crowds probably won't begin to die down until later in the week.

I don't believe rates for 2008 have been released yet so don't know what "season" your trip fall in.

KylesMom
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I do recall reading in the trip reports about folks last year who lamented that the parks were more crowded than they anticipated the first week of January. I looked at my own school calendar, and we are off until January 7th. Still, it sure would be a wonderful time to go!