PDA

View Full Version : Yacht or Beach Club

mickeygirl224
07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm planning a trip and was wondering which was better the yacht club or the beach club.

pokci
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Beach Club is closer to EPCOT but both share a spa and that great sand bottom pool. They're both huge. When we stayed at Yacht club, that extra five minute walk at night from the lobby to our room seemed to take forever. Yacht is a bit more reserved and Beach is a bit more playful. They're connected, share a pool, are across from the Boardwalk and are walking distance to Swan, Dolphin and MGM. But the nicest thing is that Beach Club is minutes closer to EPCOT!

18 weeks, 128 days to go!

LovinWDW
07-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I haven't stayed at the Yacht club yet but we have stayed at the Beach club and really liked it. Great pool that is shared with Yacht club and a closer walk to and from EPCOT. I agree with the above poster. Have a great time, you can't go wrong with either.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
07-24-2007, 08:04 AM
In terms of a amenities, they are pretty much the same. For some reason, adults tend to gravitate towards the Yacht Club, while families seem to select the Beach Club. Here are a few differences which might help you with your decision:

Beach Club
* Closer walk to Epcot, by about 2 or 3 minutes
* A little more playful theme
* Large majority of the rooms don't have a full balcony
* Lobby can get loud and noisy during character meals
* Beach Club Marketplace

Yacht Club
* Closer walk to the boat launch to MGM by 2 or 3 minutes
* Theme is a little quieter
* Nearly all rooms have a full size balcony

prprincess
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I agree with the first poster--the Beach Club is definitely more laid back. But they're both beautiful, and you won't miss out by staying at either one since they share alot of the same ammenities.

Pixie Power
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
We've never stayed @ either one, but we're staying @ the BC early next month and I can't wait! We chose it over the YC b/c it sounds to be a bit less formal/more laid back and it's closer to Epcot.

But I'm willing to bet, you can't go wrong with either resort. & Just for grins...the Boardwalk Resort is fab as well.:thumbsup:

HTHs!:thumbsup:

dog-ears
07-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Tammi summed it up well.

We've stayed at both several times and always enjoyed the stay. Maybe since we don't have kids we are more partial to YC (it always seems a little quieter) but I really like the beach colors at BC too.