PDA

View Full Version : Guide dog saved by airport workers

Marilyn Michetti
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
A blind motivational speaker with his guide dog emerged from a cab at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix to catch a flight. Evidently, a sharp object in the cab severed the dog's artery and vein in his left front paw. The owner, being blind was not aware of the blood gushing from Banner's paw, but airport workers saw, and ran to aid the dog. They applied pressure to the three inch gash, and called for emergency to rush the Labador to the vet. He would have bled to death without the prompt care, and the workers were given an award for their service "above and beyond". :thumbsup:

This happened last Friday, so some of you might have heard more than I just did from my friend who happens to know the blind man.:)

gueli
07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
its nice to hear when people come to the aid of a stranger or even their dog
:mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-23-2007, 11:06 PM
In this day and age, it's great to hear a story where somebody helps out somebody else. I'm glad to hear the dog was saved.

RenDuran
07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Here's a link to the story

http://www.wpxi.com/family/13714601/detail.html

You just have to love a dog's devotion! Here he was bleeding everywhere and still guiding his person! It's so cool to read a story like this....glad everything worked out for the gentleman and his guide dog! :dog:

mrsgaribaldi
07-24-2007, 02:06 AM
What a great guide dog. They are really amazing:mickey:

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks for sharing the story.

ChipnDaleGal
07-24-2007, 05:39 AM
I am so glad that this had a happy ending for this mand and his very special dog. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Once again this just goes to remind me how truely wonderful these animals are. :thumbsup: to all in getting help in time for Banner.

Horizon93
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting the story. I do believe that the world is mostly filled with caring people. Glad to hear that everyone is OK. As a visually impaired person, (I don't need a guide dog) these dogs amaze me. They have no idea the freedom that they give the person that they are assisting.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
The poor dog. I'm glad that all ended well though. Thank goodness for nice people in this world. It reaffirms your faith in people.

Dsnygirl
07-25-2007, 03:04 AM
:thumbsup: that's awesome... those dogs give so much life to their owners, it's good to see that someone stepped in and saved his. Way to go.... :)