PDA

View Full Version : Disney Villains - Make it another MK land or its own theme park?

DisneyJunkie
07-23-2007, 09:55 PM
When you think about it, despite all the rumors about there possibly being a Disney Villains theme park, is there really enough material there to make a whole other park out of, or should it just be another land added on to the Magic Kingdom?

I could see it being a land filled with wild and scary e-ticket rides, but I'm not sure it could fill an entire new theme park.

snifflesmcg
07-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I'd be happy either way. Villians are fun and I would LOVE to have a land or theme park dedicated to those who are dark and evil. :thedolls:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
It should be neither. Maybe just some scattered rides or attractions featuring some of the best.

scottgr
07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I would say a land would be better then another park, but who an I to say....hahah:mickey:

Mickey91
07-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Maybe there could be a villians area at MGM.

WDWdreamer87
07-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Park.
A whole new park.

Why?

1) Look how great MNSSHP is every year. Tons of people enjoy the villians, the "scaryness" and whatnot.

2) All the themes of the Year of A Million Dreams shows are constructed with villians taking over. And those shows are always packed.

3) This would be a great chance for Disney to add Nightmare Before Christmas (not my personal favorite, but it is very popular with teens and children.) Also, it will allow Haunted Mansion not be decorated by those characters.

4) Newer Everest-like rides. I could see a roller coaster with two cars (think Space Mountain) that uses Flotsem and Jetsem as the theme. (From the Little Mermaid).

5) There could be the Queen's garden from Alice where you could "paint" the roses and play croquet with the flamingos. (Think Toontown.)

The possibilities are endless. And a whole new park would be the ticket.

RAIDER
07-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Make it another land as a whole park devoted to it would be boring :mickey:

JabberJaws
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I personally think a land at MGM would make more sense than another park or a land at MK. Especially since MGM will soon be Disney/Pixar Studios, an area devoted to the Disney/Pixar villains would be great. Its a shame that F! is where it is, because that would be a great tie-in.

They could use, not only villains like Maleficient or Jafar, but Pixar villains like Emperor Zurg, Hopper, etc. I think that would be awesome and a great way to counteract the Harry Potter land going in at IOA!

Figgyluv03
07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
I personally think a land at MGM would make more sense than another park or a land at MK. Especially since MGM will soon be Disney/Pixar Studios, an area devoted to the Disney/Pixar villains would be great. Its a shame that F! is where it is, because that would be a great tie-in.

They could use, not only villains like Maleficient or Jafar, but Pixar villains like Emperor Zurg, Hopper, etc. I think that would be awesome and a great way to counteract the Harry Potter land going in at IOA!

I totally agree! I don't think there's enough material to do a whole other park.

mickey001
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
yea, no I really don't think there could be enough "things to do" for another park + the expenses would be better spent on upgrading and that sort. A new land would sound ok too, but where could they put it? perhaps have a path leading from haunted mansion to set the scene? I don't know. Seeing that happen would be nice though, a little change is good! I'm up for it! :thumbsup:

GhostHost999
07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
I say make it a land but not it's own park.

A few Ideas...

1) Jafar's Magic Shop - You could sell little magic tricks and puzzles, some creepy things too. (you could also do one for Madame Mimm instead if you like, she's funny too)

2) A dark ride for Sleeping Beauty when you face down the Maleficent Dragon at the end...complete with it breathing fire, etc.

3) This one's been mentioned but it bears repeating...Night on Bald Mountain roller coaster, complete with giant Chernobog statue/animatronic on top.

4) Wicked Queen's Soda Fountain - All the drinks are fizzy or have fog coming out of them, etc.

5) Ursula's creatures of the deep - a 4-D show along the lines of it's tough to be a bug featuring all the creepy, weird and wondrous critters in the ocean.

6) Davy Jones Locker - villains themed gift shop. Shirts, glasses, etc

7) Hades' Flame & Grill - Restaurant/steakhouse

8) Sark's Video Arcade - Self explainatory.

9) How about a motion simulator ride based on the Incredibles where you are helping them go up against Syndrome?

Let me know what you guys think.:mickey:

mickey001
07-25-2007, 08:48 AM
sounds like Disney planned it themselves! I wouldn't be surprised if they were to use it.

jszczur5
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
I vote for another MK land - or even in MGM. I'd rather see more attractions at the existing parks, than to create another park altogether which wouldn't have enough rides/shows to warrant being any more than a half day visit (like AK).

pook@wdw
07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
A Disney Villans park. Hmmmm...that certainly opens up range of possibilities doesn't it? There would definitely be more than enough villans to work with, wouldn't there? I wonder if the Disney imagineers have considered this? :idea:

lockedoutlogic
07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
The villians park idea has been kicked around for at least 10 years...

I just don't think it would ever happen....though it does have a lot of possibilities....

I'm sure they'll add one thing to the park.....

More Gift Shops!...and character meet and greets....I guess that's two things...

julian
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I think before a new park, they should work on making more attractions at Animal Kingdom or refurbing other ones. Building a park only based on Villains seems too not well thought out to become its own place. :ack:

lockedoutlogic
07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Agree....I believe WDW's needs are as follows:

1. Major Upgrades to MGM....
double the size of the park
2. Continued upgrades to AK...including at least 2 more E ticket type attractions...at least 2 more Sit down Restaurants....and more Animals....big fan of the chinese panda rumor.
3. New mass transit system
4. Refurbs/ Additions to MK and EPCOT...including redevelopment of the 20K lagoon area and new Countries to EPCOT...also replacements for the Wonders of Life and World of Energy...

That's my goals if i were dictating what would be done in what order...

Wolf
07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
An additional Land made for MGM would be great for us, its only a half day for us anywas this would deffinantly require more time devoted there. I absolutely love the villians from Disney movies! I'd love more marketing for them! I really hope they do this, I love the Halloween party so much somewhere like that and that you could always find Villans for pictures would totally rock!

IloveDisney71
07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Maybe there could be a villians area at MGM.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think villians are fun and a lot could be done with them.:malef::darth:

PeterPan
07-31-2007, 11:40 PM
I will go on record as saying the Disney Co. will NEVER create an entier themepark devoted to villians. Ever. It is too narrow a subject, and literally thousands upon thousands of people would avoid it. Most people don't LIKE villians - that is why they are called villians. Children are frightened of them. Parents shield children from villians. Thousands of adults don't care to dwell on villians. I don't think it will ever be a Theme Park OR a dedicated land. Ever. Just my opinion.

TinkerbellFan16
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I say make it a land but not it's own park.
A few Ideas...
1) Jafar's Magic Shop - You could sell little magic tricks and puzzles, some creepy things too. (you could also do one for Madame Mimm instead if you like, she's funny too)
2) A dark ride for Sleeping Beauty when you face down the Maleficent Dragon at the end...complete with it breathing fire, etc.
3) This one's been mentioned but it bears repeating...Night on Bald Mountain roller coaster, complete with giant Chernobog statue/animatronic on top.
4) Wicked Queen's Soda Fountain - All the drinks are fizzy or have fog coming out of them, etc.
5) Ursula's creatures of the deep - a 4-D show along the lines of it's tough to be a bug featuring all the creepy, weird and wondrous critters in the ocean.
6) Davy Jones Locker - villains themed gift shop. Shirts, glasses, etc
7) Hades' Flame & Grill - Restaurant/steakhouse
8) Sark's Video Arcade - Self explainatory.
9) How about a motion simulator ride based on the Incredibles where you are helping them go up against Syndrome?
Let me know what you guys think.:mickey:

i think these are all great suggestions, but if you this, it would be a very big land. i think that if you do these, and add more it would make a totally awesome theme park. also universal is trying to try and catcth up with disney( they will never even come close, but they are trying.) i vote for a whole park!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

WDWdreamer87
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
You guys are underestimating the Imagineers.
"Not enough material for a new park?"

I'm pretty sure they could come up with something, and if they are stumped...Intercot can always give them ideas! :mickey:

Stu29573
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I will go on record as saying the Disney Co. will NEVER create an entier themepark devoted to villains. Ever. It is too narrow a subject, and literally thousands upon thousands of people would avoid it. Most people don't LIKE villains - that is why they are called villains. Children are frightened of them. Parents shield children from villains. Thousands of adults don't care to dwell on villains. I don't think it will ever be a Theme Park OR a dedicated land. Ever. Just my opinion.

I think there is a ring of truth to this. Sure, it's fun to focus on the villains for a while, but they are all dispatched with great finality in the movies (for the most part). Disney was always meant to be happy and optimistic. Now, granted, you need villains to throw that into sharp relief, but a whole park or section "honoring" them would be very anti-Disney, at least from a historical philosophical standpoint. If you think about it, there are no existing attractions based just on villains. Some may say "What about the Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion?" Nope, those aren't villainous, just prankish- it's clear it's all in fun. I would never expect a ghost at the Haunted Mansion to try to kill me....maybe tease, but nothing more. It's the same with the Pirates in POC. The villains in most Disney/ Pixar movies are quite serious in their desire to destroy the hero- that's why they have to wind up being destroyed themselves. Sorry about rattling on about this, but that's just the way I see it...:mickey:

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I will go on record as saying the Disney Co. will NEVER create an entier themepark devoted to villians. Ever. It is too narrow a subject, and literally thousands upon thousands of people would avoid it. Most people don't LIKE villians - that is why they are called villians. Children are frightened of them. Parents shield children from villians. Thousands of adults don't care to dwell on villians. I don't think it will ever be a Theme Park OR a dedicated land. Ever. Just my opinion.

I completely agree with you. It's a popular idea that gets kicked around a lot on these boards, but it would be a very UnDisney-like move to create a entire land or park based just on villains, in my opinion. Plus, realistically, good and bad coexist. You really can't have one without the other. The balance is important. There isn't a Heroes land or Park as it is, so why have one just for villains?