PDA

View Full Version : Another Photopass question

tinksmom02
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Please forgive me if this has been covered before. On our January trip, we only got about 60 pics on our Photopass, and only 3 of them were not on our camera's memory card; as a result, we didn't purchase the Photopass CD.

I am really hoping to get more usage out of Photpass in September (enough to warrant buying the CD!). :blush:

Do you advise buying the CD at the parks before we leave, or waiting until we get home? I remember that you could add special effects to the pictures, editing and such, but can't remember if that was for CDs bought at the parks, or ordered at home.

Your advise and opinions are greatly appreciated, as always!! :number1:

MouseManiac
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking the same thing! I'm dragging my family to every PhotoPass photographer I can find this Sept.:D! Being that I am the family picture taker, there are only three pictures of me from last years trip!

To answer your question though... I ordered mine last year from home. Reason one being that I was just plain unfamiliar with PhotoPass. So when I got home and logged on to view the pictures, it was more just to take a peek.

Like you, I had most of them on my own camera, and was not about to pay the $12 (or whatever) they wanted per print. To my surprise I got an offer for a photo cd for $50 with all the pictures arraigned in a little movie/slide show, and I could even upload my own shots to add in! Very cool, and lots of fun for the kids!:thumbsup:

I've also read somewhere on here that they now offer a scrap book, along the same idea. Pick your photo, drag it to where you want it, pay... done and in your mailbox in a couple weeks!

Race ya to the PhotoPass photographer....:walk:

Mnchknbrat1982
07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
I would wait and order it when I got home. I was told by the photopass website a while back that you can't get the borders, signatures, etc added at the parks to the cd. Only if you order from home.

KylesMom
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I also recommend buying it from home. Last year you could not add the special effects after you left the park. This year you can!

We originally had 116 PhotoPass pictures taken in June. Once I added all of the special borders & such, I had somewhere around 160 on the PhotoPass. My vote? Save the time while at the parks & wait until you're home to order! :thumbsup:

MsMin
07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
The first time we did photopass in 05 you couldn't get the CD @ home so we purchased the CD in the park but now you can order it after you get home. Remember depending on the capacity I was told that it can take up to 12 hrs or more for all your pics to be downloaded b/c Disney reviews every picture before it's available to you. So if you get many photos on your last day and run to get the CD they may not be added yet. They reserve the right to remove any photo they deem as inappropriate due to clothing (I was told T's w/ inappropriate content or) or hand gestures.
The great thing about their photos are that they are taken at a great resolution and easy to crop and change on your own computer.... We love Photopass....