PDA

View Full Version : Which resort and which restaurant should we eat lunch at?

LoriMistress
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
We'll be arriving early to check in to our resort at POP by 8am (the latest). Instead of going to the parks on our arrival day we would like to relax this day. We'll be going to Cirque du Soleil for a 6pm showing and eating at The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's at 8pm. So, we know that check in is at 3-4pm and we may not be able to check in early--DH and I would like to visit at least one resort on our arrival day to eat lunch. DH and I will be visiting the GF, WL, BW, and BC. So we would like to visit either Poly, Contemporary, Yatch, Saratoga, AK, or Old Key West. Which (out of the six resorts I mentioned above) should we visit and which restaurant should we eat lunch at?

Jared
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
I suggest visiting the Polynesian Resort and eating lunch at Kona Cafe. The resort is beautiful and the restaurant is one of my favorites. I've never eaten at Kona Cafe for lunch, but the menu seems similar to dinner. If you're looking for appetizers, I suggest the crab cakes or sticky wings. My favorite dessert is the Kilauea torte.

:)

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Kona at the Poly or Bomas at AKL -- I can't think of anything the others have that would be up to par with either of those.

LoriMistress
07-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Would anyone recommend Concourse Steakhouse at The Contemporary?

Christine
07-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I have to echo the Poly for either Kona or Ohana.

I love that resort!

BelleBeauty
07-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I would recommend either going to the Yacht Club/Beach Club, where you can walk over to the Boardwalk and eat at Big River Grille & Brew Works. Or heading over to AKL, just because it is gorgeous, but the only food option is the food court during lunch. Both would have a lot of things you can walk around and take in after or before eating.

steamboat willy
07-23-2007, 09:59 PM
We do Concourse Steakhouse for dinner, BUT you shouldn't miss dinning there and watching the MONORAIL's glide overhead....especially since this resturant will be CLOSING next year.:pout::cry::pout:

Kairi_7378
07-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Kona Cafe. You can explore the Polynesian and maybe see the Castle... what a way to start off your vacation! I wouldn't eat a lunch buffet if you have a nice dinner planned because I would be too stuffed to enjoy it. Haven't eaten at Concourse but it is closing soon so this may be one of your last chances to eat there.

Bethanymouse
07-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I would go to the POLY. Kona Cafe is a great stop for lunch, the monorail is a fun experience and the shops at the POLY are great!

Natazu
07-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Kona Cafe at the Poly. This is one of the best restaurants at WDW. More good news? Puck's upstairs is another. That, plus Cirque, should be a great day. In fact, room for one more?

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Boma would be my definite pick, but they do not serve lunch!
So, go to Kona, but be sure to get to Boma at some point for dinner if you enjoy unique flavors. The buffet is an endless array of tastes, be sure to try the Bobotie!
Lauren

mouseketeer mom
07-24-2007, 08:07 AM
KONA at the Poly! What a way to kick off your trip! And you're so close to the MK and looking at the castle from the Poly's beach! I don't feel like I'm in WDW until I see that castle!

Jared
07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Different posters recommended eating at either 'Ohana in the Polynesian Resort or Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. These are two of my favorite restaurants in the world, they are not open for lunch. If you have time, try one or both places for breakfast or dinner.

Mickey91
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM

No. We ate there in Dec. for dinner. Does not hurt muy feelings that they are closing. The food was subpar and the wait staff lacking. If you want o see the monorail zoom through, take time one day to visit their shops.

I recommend the Poly. The atmosphere is wonderful! A great way to relax and enjoy your first afternoon. Though I have not eaten at Kona personally, I have seen nothing but great reviews posted about it.:mickey:

RocknRoller94
07-24-2007, 02:16 PM
My two favoite restaurants are Chef Mickey's at The Conemporary and Ohana at he Poly.

mickey-mouse35
07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Another vote for Kona Cafe at the Poly. We also liked lunch at Wilderness Lodge, but Poly is definitely first choice!

DessertDivaFL
07-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds like you are having a "fine dining' evening so how about having a more casual but fun lunch? The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL would be a great. Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary would be fun and you might see a Disney character or two.

irish1967
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Normally, I would say Kona at the Poly - hands down...

But, with the Contemporary Steakhouse closing - I think I have to vote for that one...

We have always had good food and great service and the monorail going through the concourse is cool.

KAT1811
07-25-2007, 09:49 AM

Absolutly! We love the Concoursesteakhouse and are dining there in September. We are also very sad to see it go. Our experiences have always been stellar, the food was wnderful, the service was some of the best I've ever had. Our waiter was very personable and helpful, always prompt without being overbearing.

I'd say have a great lunch there because it'll be the last chance you have to dine there.

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
You can always check in early, you just might not be able to enter your room yet.

I would recommend Concourse Steakhouse with no problem. Food was great and our waitress was awesome!! Very attentive. She also brought us a free glass of champagne as we were wearing our just married pins last year.

But I have a close second for Kona or even O'hana. Thanks to Nahtazu, the Lapu Lapu's at Poly are awesome!!

LoriMistress
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Thank you all for your help. This makes my decision more difficult. Kona at the Poly or Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary...it's going to be tough.

LandFan
07-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I would eat lunch at Kona. BOMA doesn't serve lunch. I don't think O'hana's does either.

Kona's food is FABULOUS!!